#1January 16th, 2008 · 04:44 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Streaming Radio Show
Man, im a member of this other site that has started a streaming radio show with music from the members of its site!  I think thats AWESOME!!!
#2January 16th, 2008 · 04:50 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
i'm always curious to hear music from people.. what's the url?  PM me with it or something.  I'd hate to come off like we're abandoning BandAMP (which isn't true), but I don't know if NOT posting the url publicly is okay, either

sounds like a good idea.. internet radio from it's members...  i'm sure you'd get a lot of casual listeners who never really find out anything from the songs they hear while they multitask away on their computers, but hey, i'm sure there's a lot of gratification from having your music go out to other people without you having to campaign for listeners
#3January 16th, 2008 · 05:09 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Streaming Radio Show
HI MAP
U seem to be very well tuned into whats going on in other sites............
please keep up the good work!!!!
maybe an URL to let us see the site referred to please...........PM?
If Bandamp was to take a lead from another site...........
What might usay was your favourite???????
PM?
Thanx

the fish 
#4January 16th, 2008 · 07:07 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Oh now, I wouldnt want to be accused of drawing members away from the amp.  The intent was simply to point out that its being done and that i like the idea.  Anyone into podcasting or whatever they call it?
#5January 16th, 2008 · 10:06 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
I was thinking a while back to start a Bandamp-centric podcast---showcase three or four tracks once or twice a week and podcast them in a blog-style format.  I think it could work.
#6January 16th, 2008 · 10:13 PM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
The Goatman has already done this! He has his own podcast on podcast.com..He's done 2 so far. Weren't you on one MAP? Anyways.....enjoy.
#7January 17th, 2008 · 12:51 AM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
Podcasting sounds cool. As does radio shows, I'd like the idea of a bandamp radio show. Maybe stream a couple of sessions a week live and then have downloadable podcasts. That could get everyone in on the act, music, interviews, I dunno, I'm just brainstorming out loud, the practicality of this is a whole other thing.
#8January 17th, 2008 · 11:03 AM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
Streaming radio live isn't easy, and most connections could only support a handful of listeners.  Podcasting is where I think it is at.
#9January 17th, 2008 · 03:46 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
I started the podcast thing for fun , but I haven't had time to continue with it as of late.  I know of some podcasters out there (Mick Shane Show for one). That has developed their show and marketed it out to actual radio stations and other streaming internet radio cast.  They are broadcast in several areas of the US . and continually growing.  That was what I was gonna try for with my podcast if I could ever get it pro enough.

Bandamp could have this as it's own, and get it put up on itunes podcast. and others as free downloads. 

If you get enough subscribers and people looking at it (counters), then some real money can be made through advertisements, endorsements, sponsors, ect.

if you can generate enough of a stir out there ....  industry starts paying attention to it , you can get guest speakers, in the likes or A/R, Management, artists interviews, ect..  Really every pro out there is just trying to pimp their own success through every possible avenue they can find.  That is what most music /talk radio, TV talk shows and others are all about, pimping music ,movies, books, whatever or other news worthy stuff.

I might know which site your talking about .. If it is the one I am thinking of they are a for profit site and have some $$$$ behind em.  streaming radio is very cool but someone would need to research what all is involved, like how much computer stuff do you need, does it require any sort of license. plus other considerations.

I like the idea of it because it is another avenue to get some of the great indie music from this site out there.
#10January 17th, 2008 · 07:44 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Yeah, this was strictly music from that particular site, back to back.  The guy came on in between tracks and announced the band and the name of the tune.  Sometimes he had background on the group and would add that in.  Basically, He had access to all the music from the site and just played it all day long! No noodles or anything like that, but real music from indi artist.
#11January 17th, 2008 · 08:57 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
This weekend I will be recording my first podcast; I don't have much of a radio voice, but I'll see what I can do.  It's going to be -18F on Saturday night, so I'm not hitting any parties!
#12January 18th, 2008 · 01:46 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
MindsAtPlay wrote…
Oh now, I wouldnt want to be accused of drawing members away from the amp.  The intent was simply to point out that its being done and that i like the idea.  Anyone into podcasting or whatever they call it?

sorry for delayed responses from me.. home internet is down (again... my ISP sucks bad) and i only get a chance to check this stuff out at school, at the moment.

i don't mean to say that you actually are drawing people away   I thought the link post would be just fine, and so I made my comment to cover the ground of having some other person/admin who might have such an opinion.  better safe than sorry, in other words.  (thanks for the PM with it, by the way)

I think the podcasting idea is a great one, and it might be wise for a few people to toy with it, to see how to really do it properly, and to find a good format (if we decide that there's some element(s) that we really like about any one person's ideas) before going to town.

(i'm with avi, about going after the podcasting idea, as live radio is kind of another affair that isn't as robust as we might like to have it.  podcasting is essentially a dumbed-down, more robust alternative to radio.  it's simply more practical for your average person)

interested to hear your thing, avi
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 12:15 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.