#1September 22nd, 2007 · 12:31 PM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
I'm an idiot
I have no idea how to work win.rar
all it does it just add a bunch of shit to my desktop then yells at me all the time.
can any one help me please?
pretty please?!
#2September 22nd, 2007 · 12:41 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Uninstall it! 

Do your own think , like have control over your own PC , .mp3s .wavs etc  and what programs open them!!
#3September 22nd, 2007 · 12:43 PM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
I did uninstall but most of the programs I dl,have to be opened with that stupid crap!
#4September 22nd, 2007 · 01:16 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
right click on whatever it is you are trying to open, then select extract to "name of file here".  That way it will extract all the files into a neat little folder.  Inside that folder is the installation files or whatever it is you are trying to open.  And Kings...what the h*ll are you on about?
#5September 22nd, 2007 · 01:19 PM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
Are you sure?
and can I delete all that extra crap that comes with it too?
#6September 22nd, 2007 · 01:22 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
I would say yes. Im not sure what "extra crap" you are talking about, But whats important is what shows up in the folder.  Depending on what it is you are opening, you can delete the folder when you are through using its contents.
#7September 22nd, 2007 · 01:25 PM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
well I'm getting a bunch of crap on my desktop that I'm not sure about
Ill just screen shot it and put it on here
#8September 22nd, 2007 · 04:14 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
Make a folder named "winRAR" and stick everything related to it in there.

Then do just like MAP said, it works great.
I also have a folder called ZIPS in which I keep all the zip files. But it's probably not neccessary.

My desktop is great. Full of folders named things like "Zips" "Installation crap"  "Random Documents"  "Stuff", and "Misc Programs".
#9September 22nd, 2007 · 07:20 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Aaaa! Sorry Meow I thought I read winAmp !!!!!!!

It was late 

I'm an idiot too 

winRar is excellent !

What kind of shit are you getting on your desk top from winRar??
The worst problem I used to get with winRar was trying to apply the crack , I used to get confused as to which folder I was in!!!

When you install it (if you install it) chose to 'cascade' the right click menu!! It keeps the right-click menu short !! 

Having a good tidy system for your downloads; zips, rars, exes and all is essential.
Youve got to know how it works!
Don't want to confuse matters but you should try and get hold of an NFO viewer, a lot of rars have .nfo files though any text editor will display them, their made for the viewer and look their best in it! lol

[edit] I used to have a 'programs' folder, a 'downloads' folder and an 'extracted' folder.
The idea was that all that came into 'downloads' was sorted out and put into 'programs' then when needed either installed directly or 'unziped / unrared' into 'extracted', this way I knew what was original and could delete the extracted contents with no worries.
I also used to have a folder called 'installed' where I kept all the original files of all the programs currently installed on my system. Good to make a CD as a backup!

#10September 22nd, 2007 · 08:46 PM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
kings...my brain just got fried....
Like I said I'll get a screen shot of it and then someone can help me
and kings you are not an idiot!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 2:19 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.