#1September 16th, 2007 · 10:09 PM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
Interview with a mad man
I know its a bit soon for an interview,but it was there!LoL
w/MindsAtPlay
If you could change bandAMP,what would you change first?

Good question. I would like a bit more involvment from those that run the amp.  dont get me wrong.. the admin is great, but there are a lot of great ideas floating around and it would be nice to see some of them implemented.  All to often i get a real "its broke so deal with it vibe" and its a real shame.  Bandamp is an awesome community but there is alot of room for improvement (like alot of places).

Which brings me to my next question,if you were given the chance to take over bandAMP,would you?
Yes,with some help.well, there is a lot of talent at bandamp.  I would like to see some of these people move up in the music world.  I think if It could be done i would like to put some of that music in front of some small record labels.  Maybe get them involved in the reviewing process somehow and gives us all some professional opinions on how we can grow musically

What compelled you to join bandamp?
Actually, I was looking for Fl studio tutorials and Willy David K's tutorials popped up in the search.  So after looking the tutorials over I hung around for a bit, checking the site out, etc..  After reading review after review, I saw how positive and supportive everyone was and I thought "i wanna be a part of this"  It was something i really needed actually.  And I had been to several other music oriented forums and saw that alot of the time members were just tearing eachother apart and i couldn't get with that.  So I felt i had really found a home musically.
#2September 16th, 2007 · 10:09 PM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
Who are your main influences,both in life and musically?
I have a lot of influences, really.  Everything from Enya to Dire Straits, Pink FLoyd, Lionell Richie, Justin Timberlake and the things he is doing with Timbaland. (Im actually listening to Tina Turner as we speak).  Im also obviously very influenced by alot of the guys in electronica such as Adam Freeland, The Plump Dj's and Evilnine.. The list goes on.  Ive always felt it was important to keep my ears and mind open to everything.  In Life, I have to say that Marino is my biggest influence..He is truly an amazing person.  Sure, he is most certainly a great musician, but beyond that, he is an better person and friend.  I owe him alot, even though he would say that i didnt.  We will be friends for life, and i cant say that about many, but i know that to be true.

Why do you make music?
well, ive always tried to find a means to communicate what was inside me.  Ive written poetry and things like that but music has always been in my life.  My father had a very deep impact on me (like everyone im sure).  There was always music in the house..  I grew  up listening to Leon Russell and the Alman Brothers and stuff like that.  My dad was a drummer and he would always put me on his knee when he practiced and let me put my hands on his arms so i could feel the rythym.  Ill never forget that.  Rythym is a part of me in a very deep and personal way and i just have always wanted to express that in anyway that i can.

And the end of a recording,do you breath a sigh of relief?
LOL! sure.actually, as most people around here know, I dont do a lot of recording, per se'.  Im more of a programmer or producer, But im sure the feeling is the same.  Theres nothing like that feeling when you finally sit back and say "well, there it is, for better or worse"
#3September 16th, 2007 · 10:10 PM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
What kind of music do you mainly like to play?
well, Im actually torn between two styles of genres at the moment.  I started out with breakbeats and am slowly moving towards a sub genre of Drum and bass called Liquid Funk.  I doubt that you could say what i do fits into those catagories very neatly, Id like to think that what i do is original.  Im more into a more ethereal feel, more along the lines of Enigma or something, but with breakbeats or a DnB rythym.

What's one thing about you that the poeple on bandamp DON'T know?
ive always pushed myself to be outgoing.  In school, when the teacher would ask questions, I would look around the room and I would see that look of trepidation on the other students face and I would think Im not gonna be like everyone else and would immediately raise my hand wether i knew the answer or not
#4September 16th, 2007 · 11:05 PM
17 threads / 3 songs
185 posts
United States of America
very nicely done.. cool questions  too.
#5September 17th, 2007 · 10:22 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Good job, nice.

Well done both
#6September 17th, 2007 · 02:36 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
590 posts
United Kingdom
i like that image in the last question, lol. i can imagine a bunch of tired looking kids all trying to ignore the teacher apart from minds.

good interview, keep em coming

Ian
#7September 17th, 2007 · 04:17 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
Good stuff.  I'd definitely read more.

Could you set up an account offsite for this?  http://www.wordpress.com lets you create a free blog; I just find that it's a little more conducive to reading long text as opposed to on this forum where it's broken up.
#8September 17th, 2007 · 05:23 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Minds I thought your goal in life was to take over the Universe? Is this true?

Very good idea Meow , keep it up, and yes make them longer !!! 
#9September 17th, 2007 · 05:58 PM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
Thanks to all!
So far so good!
and avi,thanks to you too
I set up an account so whenever I make a new interview,I'll post the link and hopefully then it may be better in a sense?

Hope to interview one of you soon!
#10September 17th, 2007 · 08:53 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Very cool interview!!!!
Liquid Funk???
Hmmmm Sounds very cool!!!i love the school imagery as pointed out by IAN(LOL)
You're an awesome friend and musician Minds!!
#11September 17th, 2007 · 11:51 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
This really great..very nice questions  and good job on the answers Minds

I think we have something going here

Flyer
#12September 17th, 2007 · 11:54 PM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
thanks Flyer :]
Just I hope that we can get an interview forum-cough cough-
anywho...just mentioning isn't gonna get it...
#13September 21st, 2007 · 11:56 AM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
kings wrote…
Minds I thought your goal in life was to take over the Universe? Is this true?

Very good idea Meow , keep it up, and yes make them longer !!!  ;)

Its true, Kings!  In fact, that should have been my little known fact.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 3:02 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.