#1September 16th, 2007 · 01:19 PM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
Extra!Extra!JimK Iterview!
We all know JimK,but if you don't he's about one of the best guys you can ever meet!
Very recently I got to talk with him and ask him a couple question to just try and scratch the surface of this wonderful man.

Q:Why did you join bandAMP and how did you find out about?
         A: I stumbled on it quite by accident, While searching for a place to get some help with songwriting. When I saw the site, I knew I had to sign up. The songs I was hearing, and the amount of activity was really amazing.

Q:What are your feelings towards people who want to get into the music business?(make it big like ACDC etc.)

A:Are you kidding? what are YOU thinking?? no.. seriously, I saw go for it! Never lose sight of your dreams. You will never make it if you don't try, so give it all you got, and I'll say I knew ya when..

Q:Why do you continue to go on this site when you could just possibly walk out and quit?
        A:I could NEVER quit this site.. It has become a family to me. All the members here are fantastic, and I am honored to be a part and to be able to collaborate on material with such great talents. Why would anyone, especially a hack like me ever leave this place..
#2September 16th, 2007 · 01:23 PM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
Q:What is your favorite type of genre of music and what do you like to play?
    A:hmmm..  I would have to say my favorite genre is 40's and 50's crooner stuff, like Dean Martin and Frank Sinatra.. But, what I like to play is blues.. Deep raw and dirty blues...  Slide blues the most..  Grab my Jetslide, and get to picking..

Q:What do you like to do in your spare time when you are away from bandAMP?
    A:What is spare time?  I work alot.. I am on call all the time, so I don't get much spare time. But when I am away from Bandamp, I am usually playing my guitar, or driving.. I love to drive.. I drive all day, at work, and still can't get enough..

Q:Who are you?
    A:Who am I? I am me.. I am a regular guy.. Born and raised in Ohio.. Love to go fishing in the Great Lakes, Travel all over the country.. I work for ADT Security, as an Alarm technician.. been doing that for 13 years..I started playing guitar in 2005, and took up banjo and mandolin at the same time.. Hard to learn so much as once.. so I put Banjo and Mando on he backburner about 10 months ago, and started trying to concentrate more on guitar.. I am still thinking about getting some percussion stuff though, and trying my hand at that.. But that shouldn't hinder my guitar learning.. Anyway.. I have a wonderful wife,Linda also known on here as Nakedtoes4me, and a great kid Dusty who is alson known on here as Dusty..  haha.. They help me write songs, and give me inspiration..
#3September 16th, 2007 · 01:24 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Awesome! Good work, Meow!  Cant wait to see more! Maybe in the future you could a bit more in depth?  I know you arent a interviewer by profession, but maybe you could read some interviews of some professional artist in other places to get some ideas?  Just a suggestion.  Awesome!
#4September 16th, 2007 · 02:39 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
590 posts
United Kingdom
great job. i deff think we need a seperate interview forum, it cant stay in the pit...

agree with M, more questions please

Ian
#5September 16th, 2007 · 09:15 PM
17 threads / 3 songs
185 posts
United States of America
very cool  I like it... I spend lots of money on guitar mags, partly  because of the interviews with the musicians.
one of my favorite I used to read was Gig magazine.. I love the written interview... this one is good.

imho  ( I didn't; think of it either)  recording process and lightly touch on the gear... a lot of the people on here would probably like to know how other people on here are doing their recordings.. I know I would.

Great Job
and yes we should have a different forum for this  once things change around
Greg
#6September 16th, 2007 · 09:39 PM
17 threads / 3 songs
185 posts
United States of America
sorry bump it back up top
#7September 17th, 2007 · 01:26 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Yeah, definately cool read. Make em longer!
#8September 17th, 2007 · 11:56 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
This is good..I really like the Idea of this

Flyer
#9September 17th, 2007 · 11:57 PM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
thanks
hopefully more to come soon!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 3:39 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.