#1September 5th, 2007 · 11:31 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Hardcore Rap
Ok, As a very serious opponent to all Gansta Rap, and all degratory music, I often hear the "don't knock it till ya try it" line, and the "You don't know, because you don't do it" or the ever famous, "You wish you could do it"

So, My friend Aetheris Sent me this seriously wicked beat, and asked me what I thought, so, I sent back a sample clip of me rapping extreme hardcore lyrics over it. The rest is here at this link, BEWARE, THIS IS EXTREME:Y HARDCORE AND GRAPHIC. *PARENTAL ADVISORY* The following link is rated R for MATURE AUDIENCES ONLY

http://jkoontz.com/sexo.mp3

BTW, you will probably never hear me do anything like this again... 

JimK
Please let us know what you think, and not just about how disgusting it is, but actual critiques about the song, and flow, etc...  Thanks
#2September 6th, 2007 · 05:14 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Listening..........Really really nice backing track! Not sure if the lyrics do it justice!
But....your actually quite good at this rap thing Jim ! LOL
Lyrics aside, you sound really good, your voice and tone fit perfectly in the mix.
Cant you make a 'not-so-explicit' version ? Not the 'censored' one, it would be just one long tone! 

What you going to do with the cat?

I'm confused!!!!????   How come you make such an excellent song so explicit???
In that it  would be difficult to play at a private party, god know what people would say if it were on the radio! 

I think this is the right place to confess that one of my favourite songs is the Anti Nowhere League's So What! [*same parental warning as above applies*]   
#3September 7th, 2007 · 04:57 PM
34 threads / 16 songs
538 posts
Mexico
Hey Kings, thanks for the review.  I agree with you in that Jim's voice fits perfectly to the backing track, i think that's the "musical" reason we put it up here, because otherwise it would be just another unfunished track on my hardrive or an experiment to answer those questions mentioned by Jim above but not to be heard on the amp.  So I'm glad you took the music side of it!

And that punk tune from the link was good too 

P.S. I thought this thread would be full of comments by now, but actually it's quite empty wich talks good about you guys! lol
#4September 7th, 2007 · 05:27 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Hmmmm?  I like it... to an extent.  Nice music and yes, Jim, your voice goes really well with it.  The lyrics are a bit over done.  Simply meaning,  I havent heard things like "throw er to the floor" and things like that for awhile now.  I think rap has graduated from ho*s and p*mpin and dr*gs, to look at my SUV and my "bling, bling". LOL!  I thought you did a great job though, Jim!
#5September 7th, 2007 · 05:47 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Tried the link Jim, nothing happened?  I'll try again later???????????????
#6September 7th, 2007 · 06:39 PM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
Ahahaa seriously this is awesome. I too think that the lyrics are OTT but then I kinda gathered that was intentional as a parody? I agree the actual vocal tone sounds cool.

"Firing me up a fat ass blunt" *im not gonna repeat the next line*

"I'll bust a cap in yo ass and take yo life"

classic...
#7September 8th, 2007 · 05:02 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Yeah! It starts off not very parody like at all IMO, it goes really over the top, lyric wise, until later in the tune. before that it's just p0rn0-rap (this genre does exist )  The backing track is awesome, it sets a really intense atmosphere, very "pressing", and jims voice fits perfectly.

That said, yes, it's good that you put it off-site! i might have banned u for profanity and lack of respect for women!!
#8September 8th, 2007 · 08:48 AM
17 threads / 3 songs
185 posts
United States of America
I liked the music and your voice fit this perfectly ......ehh the lyrics ...Yuck!  I know you were goofin but  with this cool of tune you should redo it and rap it with something that has real meaning to you.... who knows what might happen... you might be the next big cracker rapper 
#9September 11th, 2007 · 08:40 PM
24 threads / 9 songs
284 posts
Mexico
haha, I'm amazed with the comments.
Aeth sent me the track just before the uploading process, I'm very happy of both, they did a great job
Jim: you'll be welcome at the mexican jam, don't forget the hat

dodo
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 12:48 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.