1 2

#1August 24th, 2007 · 02:19 PM
2 threads
6 posts
Canada
BandAMP... A Great Discovery
I happened to stumble across this site yesterday.  Somehow, I had never heard of it before.  Although I have seen and joined indie websites in the past that left me somewhat disappointed, something about this one just grabbed me right away...

It was the content.  It was the camaraderie.  It was the tact and positive atmosphere.  As I browsed around, I noticed encouragement and mutual respect between members, even while members are critiquing songs that are not normally within their preferred genre of music.

To top it all off, there are many great, amazing songs by the members here.  I even heard at least one internet collaborated tune that was simply amazing.  That goes somewhat against what I've seen (or, heard) in the past, and I find the prospect of getting involved in something similar to be quite exciting.

I think I like it here.  I think I'll stay for a while... 

I look forward to adding my own bits of positive and constructive criticisms and encouragement, as well as samplings of some of my own creations.

Kevin
#2August 24th, 2007 · 02:35 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Good to have you here.  I think you'll find the community spirit here unlike anyplace else on the internet!   We are all very close and support eachother very enthusiastically.  Jump in and get involved!
#3August 24th, 2007 · 04:24 PM
17 threads / 3 songs
185 posts
United States of America
welcome and glad to have you here... looking forward to hearing some of your music.
this site is imho the best site for musicians that want usable (what I call positive criticism) on their music.
no other site quite like this one.
#4August 24th, 2007 · 05:41 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Welcome Gruvin (cool name btw).
This is the sort of site that most of us have just stumbled on so you've started the right way for sure!

This site is full of some really great people, with the idea that we all want to help and encourage each other.  It really is a pretty close web community - so welcome indeed.

Post your music, listen and review the music of others.
The more you put in, the more you get out!

Looking forward to hearing your first song.

#5August 24th, 2007 · 05:49 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
oh HECK YES.

There is nowhere else like Bandamp. I've looked. I've been a member of plenty of forums. There is nothing like Bandamp out there. This IS the place to be.
#6August 24th, 2007 · 07:22 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Hey Gruvin
Welcome HOME
I feel the same way and the more you get into it the more inspiring and resource full it becomes.
Be careful thought you might become a bandamp addict like many of us!(LOL)

Looking forward to your post!
Marino
Cheers
#7August 24th, 2007 · 08:37 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
YEs Welcome indeed
Kevin,

Welcome to our humble piece of the world...  This site has truly been a blessing to many of us... It has helped me grow more than I can imagine...  I owe so much to this site, in terms of musical growth to the growth of new friendships... We recently had a get together of sorts.. unfortunately many members couldn't make it, but those of us that did had a wonderful time.. There are some great musicians here, as you have said, and we all enjoy making doing collaborations... So, come on in, sit right down, and make yourself at home... And lets start hearing some of your music! 

JimK
#8August 25th, 2007 · 03:59 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Welcome
I've been on this site for a few months now, the community here are amazing. Not only do I have fun, but my music has improved considerably,

Look forward  to seeing your posts

Cheers

Denis
#9August 25th, 2007 · 10:20 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
My turn to welcome you! A little late I am, ofcourse...

Well, I can't add much to what's been said by the others, except ofcourse that We are getting paid to give you our testimonials here, and soon you will be overwhelmed by spam in your inbox demanding you to do the same to the next who signs up... lol

Na jk... This is a great site and yes it helps a lot and everyone is welcome, from those who only just start playing to professionals who have been in business for decades... And ofcourse any music lover who does not play an instrument at all is welcome too (tho the site is biased to musicians who are recording in what way whatsoever).

So have fun! And looking forward to hear some of your own material one time...

PX (also moderator)
#10August 25th, 2007 · 11:49 PM
50 threads
259 posts
United States of America
WELCOME!!!!! I to agree with you gruvin
this place is AWESOME!!! I may take a break
from time to time to discover myself
but i'll always come back to the amp
for criticism and help with music and plus
sometimes its just cool to come and hang
in the chat!!!! lol anyway cant wait to
see your work!!!!
                         music is life,
                              SS
#11August 26th, 2007 · 05:07 PM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
hello
welcome little n00bie.Hope you have fun!!!
And good luck!
We are ALL awesome so just ask one of us if you have troubles with something;we are always glad to help!

#12August 27th, 2007 · 01:49 AM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
Hey man, welcome to the amp.  We're not as friendly as we look . We're a vile, ferocious bunch who will rip on everything you do.  I think you'll love it here.
#13August 27th, 2007 · 08:45 AM
50 threads
259 posts
United States of America
hahaha.......
avi isn't kidding

#14August 27th, 2007 · 02:32 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
590 posts
United Kingdom
lol, everyones looking forward to your post. no pressure.
 welcome

Ian
#15August 27th, 2007 · 03:00 PM
19 threads / 15 songs
84 posts
United States of America
Welcome aboard! We'll probably call you crazy from time to time, but that has nothing to do with the quality of your tunes. Just the fact that you came here in the first place is proof enough! 
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 23rd, 2024 · 8:43 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.