#1January 8th, 2008 · 05:41 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
currently online and not chatting
aetheris, avinashv, dustyskates, fsrstratocaster, JBP, kings, MindsAtPlay, swordfish, TonightsLastSong
i dont believe so much talent in one place at the same time...............
new chatroom format please
are there any alternative modes of chatroom that the amp could use?
 that could be easily brought into current coding???
i am not a puter geek and dont understand complexities of the net

fish

maybe a reply from avi would be good
#2January 8th, 2008 · 05:46 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: currently online and not chatting
or kings as u into such things
#3January 8th, 2008 · 06:27 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
A separate chat window so you can simultaneously navigate might be a good idea.
#4January 8th, 2008 · 08:56 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
I tried to get people to use many things, even set up another chat system, tried IRC, etc. etc. but no one went.

I hate Lace, hence I don't use it.

If anything, I vote for IRC.  I recently found an online, non-Java based IRC client.  Which is -incredible-.  Regardless, I can show people how to set up a client in 10 minutes.
#5January 11th, 2008 · 02:26 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Nobody wants to have to leave Bandamp to chat..
#6January 11th, 2008 · 05:28 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
Well clearly not, otherwise Lace would always be full.

And you're acting like Lace is so perfectly integrated into the AMP.  The only thing is that there is a link right there and you don't have to enter your nickname.  I have to keep a separate tab open for it.
#7January 11th, 2008 · 11:51 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Well thats good enough for me.  It at least feels like part of the amp if nothing.  Its all psychological in my opinion or everyone would've signed up for the ideas you've tried to implement so far, Av...  Even if you could somehow create a link from the Amp to the tangler forum, i think that might have worked.  People don't want to have to work for it or atleast it seems that way.
#8January 12th, 2008 · 07:17 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Minds I think your first comment made more sense , that members don't want to leave the amp.
Because it's bandAmp we have signed in to not Yahoo, IRC, ICQ or Lace.

If I go out to a bar for a beer and a dance, I don't want to have to go down the street to another bar just to talk to someone!!??

But I do agree that if a button or a link with a clear explanation were actually on a bandAmp page it would make it 'legitimate' and members would probably use it.
But your still making members leave the site and I personally don't come here to leave if you know what I mean ! Though as you know I'll chat on Yahoo if it's arranged !
Swordy : Am I into such things? Sort of...Avis the man with the in-depth technical knowledge though.
But nobody has, as you know, any access to the site script.
Except JimK..........Jim..........Jim?.........JimK where are you?

Any way as with that last 2 day interlude , it shows that whoever is 'working on the site' just doesn't understand what this place means to the people who actually use it. Because we would like to know what's going on in this little establishment that we use.
Or maybe we are just entertainment for some universal television channel after all??? 
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 23rd, 2024 · 1:52 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.