#1October 4th, 2007 · 05:36 PM
48 threads / 7 songs
429 posts
United States of America
ATTACK OF THE DOLLS!
ok so ive been brainstorming ways to get the battels rearing again
i know their broke for the moment, but even before this not many people were voting
SO
i came up a cute idea to you know, get some excitement in the voting area again
I'm going to make band amp dolls for the first and second place winners of every monthly Battle
now i know not every one would like a doll so Ive decided to make it a bit more fun than it sounds

I'm letting the winners design their own dolls. the first place winner will receive a two foot doll, and a the 2nd place winner will receive a one foot doll,

u may customize any of the fallowing:

-hair color (this can be multi color)
-hair style
-nose (color style etc)
-skin color (u may also choose multie colors (like sally from nightmare x-mas)
-eyes (how many, weather u want them to be sown on, or buttons, colors eyelashes and eyebrows)
-mouth (shape, size, color, numbers, and such.)
-clothes (shirts, pants, dresses, skirts, etc)
-clothing patterns and colors
-shoes (color style and others)

every doll will have a music note where the heart should be and u may shoes the color of it.

dolls like to be different from one another. so don't make them look that boring! if u want a green cyclops with four arms go for it! use ur imagination! have fun with it! possibilities are limitless!
the dolls will be sent about one month after a Battle is won depending on the complexity of the doll. i will worry about shipping and handling for as long as i can, so u wont have to worry about any thing like that.

once u have won a Battle i will pm u threw band-amp with a form of the above list which u are required to fill out, and send back to me so that i may go buy the supplies and material needed.

ALL SHIPPING INFO WILL BE KEPT CONFIDENTIAL!!!

like i said have fun with it! have fun with ur music! in courage people to vote and participate! its fun!!!!!!!!
lol
thanks u guys!
i would luv feed back and or questions u have!
--queen of the dolls
alittlepaperdoll
#2October 4th, 2007 · 06:06 PM
44 threads / 6 songs
305 posts
United States of America
haah cute
#3October 4th, 2007 · 06:17 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Wow, that is really awesome!

Now I must get composing real fast, I already made it nr 1 once (with the TritonKeyboarder collab ) AND nr 2 once (You Knew It!) now I must very quickly repeat these successes coz you bet I want a doll! This is a great idea!

Hmmm that's right, I also have a new remix competition in the making, with winners will win T-shirts... Not as original but it's coming up, so stay tuned...
#4October 4th, 2007 · 06:20 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Um...thats weird, I posted here before... I dont know what happened!  I want one of those dolls!

edit: yeah never mind...I see what happened!
#5October 4th, 2007 · 07:12 PM
48 threads / 7 songs
429 posts
United States of America
lmao i moved it because i was affraid no one would c it in the events section >.>
#6October 4th, 2007 · 10:24 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
Fantastic idea.  I'd be glad to donate the first month's shipping+packing charges, whether I win or not.  Once you've shipped it, send me a PM with a PayPal account and I will send you the money.

I am so in for this.  Funnily enough I was going to do something similar.  Not dolls, but some sort of prize.
#7October 5th, 2007 · 11:39 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Are we talking Paper Dolls ? or Rag Dolls ? lol
I think it's an excellent idea!

If there's enough people interested in this we could forget the battle and just send the prizes to each other !!
#8October 5th, 2007 · 01:25 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
kings wrote…
Are we talking Paper Dolls ? or Rag Dolls ? lol
I think it's an excellent idea!

If there's enough people interested in this we could forget the battle and just send the prizes to each other !!

LOL seriously kings, I think there has to be a challenge in it somewhere! So, yeah! alittlepaperdoll will make the dolls, though I am with avinashv  about shipping costs, I will willingly donate a share to relieve paps off those costs, since I can easily afford that per month, and I know not everyone can.
#9October 5th, 2007 · 02:43 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
I want a doll!!! 
This sounds like a great idea Pap... and yes shipping costs could be shared - paypal is the way to go for me.

Will it get more people voting? Probably not realistically; the prizes are going to the winners of the competition, and not the voters... but even so, I love the idea.
#10October 6th, 2007 · 06:51 PM
48 threads / 7 songs
429 posts
United States of America
wow,    lol thanks for the donation ideas guys, that makes it easier on lol, theres ALOT of stuff i have to by for each doll, i was getting nervouse about the shipping costs lol
#11October 8th, 2007 · 10:07 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
"If there's enough people interested in this we could forget the battle and just send the prizes to each other !!"
That was a joke!
As I said I think it's an excellent idea, and I'm fully aware of the value of such a prize!

To be honest I don't see it as an incentive to enter a battle because you cant really splash it across the front page can you ? "Join bandAmp, enter your music in the BATTLE, win a rag doll" !!??  lol

But I do believe that within the bandAmp community, to actually win a battle and actually receive a unique alittlepaperdoll doll would be priceless, something you'd want to keep for the rest of your life !   

I also know of t-shirts that have before today been given out as prizes (I don't know if it was for the official battle or not!!), but it was not the t-shirt as such that was appreciated but the fact that it was given and received and the magic that came with it, that is deeply felt. 

But we need a fully functional site with votes and battles before this can happen, so get knitting PD! lol
#12October 8th, 2007 · 01:53 PM
48 threads / 7 songs
429 posts
United States of America
lmao
i dont knit dear lol
i stich
wich remindes me
when u do get a doll
u may pick a name for it and i will stich it
on a part of the body (lol to make it fun i will serprise
and stich it on a random spot for u to find when u receive them)
im almost done with my first doll ever
and her name is Mrs. Heartstrings
#13October 8th, 2007 · 07:01 PM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
Dude!This is such an amazing idea!Go for it!
And I think this may even have more people attracted to the battles!
Good luck
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 2:42 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.