And I am 13
What the Steve!?

And yeah, I will replace swearing with the word Steve...just for Jim
#2January 3rd, 2008 · 04:05 PM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
woah..this is..very pittish..

um..I know in the states that if one is 18 then it's illegal.
but I'm sure 17 and 13 is legal. 
#3January 3rd, 2008 · 04:19 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
It's a state-by-state law.  In some states, 17 is age-of-consent, which technically makes her an adult, making your relationship pseudo-illegal.

I wouldn't post this kind of stuff on a public forum.  In fact, admins, how about we get rid of this?
#4January 3rd, 2008 · 05:13 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Schneider's into being some kind of dude though, and he's fun to follow as well as puzzling ! lol

Schneider : If she does anything to you against your will, then I suppose you could phone the police , otherwise I'd just shut up about it! 
#5January 4th, 2008 · 01:18 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
laws in question
Below is a list of the states, and the age of consent for each state. Keep in mind this is only dealing with age of consent for Sexual Activity..  This DOES not mean Dating. There are no laws prohibiting dating, with parental consent, a 30 year old can date a 6 year old, it's creepy, and weird, but there is no law that prohibits it, but they may not engage in sexual activity. Also keep in mind that some states deem kissing as sexual activity, so you may have to check with your own states laws. I don't see a reason to remove this post, it isn't something that will get anyone into any hot water, unless he starts giving details of private sexual encounters, which I AM SURE HE HASN'T DONE YET since he's only 13, RIGHT??  You better dang sure say yes..
Also, most states have laws regarding age difference, called statutory rape, where even with consent, if a child under 16 has sexual intercourse, with another minor, the median difference is 5 years, though some are as much as 7 and some are as low as 3 so, again, it really depends on your state, some states also would consider her to be an adult, at 17, and therefore, it would be illegal to have relations since you are under 16. But not all states consider 17 adult, yet all states consider 17 to be of age to consent.. Also, you will notice some states have different ages for female age of consent and male age of consent.. This I find particularly interesting, because Iowa for instance, thinks it's ok for a 14 year old girl to consent to sex, but a boy must wait until 18. Who wrote this one up? I mean WHAT THE STEVE? Who was smoking crack in the statehouse, and thought hey, lets let 14 year old girls have sex, but make all boys wait until they are 18.. they are basically saying it's ok for 18yo boys to have sex with 14 yo girls.. that is bizzare...   Hope this helps clear some stuff up for you... 

JimK

Alabama 16
Alaska 16
Arizona 18
Arkansas 16
California 18
Colorado 17
Connecticut 16
District of C. 16
Delaware 16 (f)18 (m)
Florida 18
Georgia 16
Hawaii 14
Idaho 16 (f) 18 (m)
Illinois 17
Indiana 16
Iowa 14(f) 18(m)
Kansas 16
Kentucky 16
Louisiana 17
Maine 16
Maryland 16
Massachusetts 16
Michigan 16
Minnesota 16
Mississippi 16
Missouri 17
Montana 16
Nebraska 17
Nevada 16
New Hampshire 16
New Jersey 16
New Mexico 17
New York 17
North Carolina 16
North Dakota 18
Ohio 16
Oklahoma 16
Oregon 18
Pennsylvania 16
Rhode Island 16
South Carolina 14
South Dakota 16
Tennessee 18
Texas 17
Utah 16
Vermont 16
Virginia 18
Washington 16
West Virginia 16
Wisconsin 18
Wyoming 16
#6January 4th, 2008 · 09:40 AM
8 threads
34 posts
United Kingdom
Woah, Jim...
And she was asking me about sex

But she is 5"1
I'm 5"9
I'd get arrested if anything
#7January 5th, 2008 · 10:38 AM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
Well, I gotta say, STEVE, that is a relationship that I would DEFINITELY not want any part of. Regardless of any illegality.
So you're what, a 7th grader? Maybe young 8th grade. And 17 makes her a senior. What the Steve? Sounds like trouble to me. A lot of trouble. I'm not saying anything about you, but what senior would go out with someone that young? Last time I checked high schoolers' brains simply didn't work that way.....and I am one, I should know. Freshmen are the scum of the earth, most people don't even remember that middle school exists, and if they do it's not even worth assigning a derogatory term to. 

And she's asking you about sex?!?! That is just Steved up. Like I said, if it were me I would have stayed away from this from the start.
#8January 5th, 2008 · 12:51 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Oldies324 wrote…
Well, I gotta say, STEVE, that is a relationship that I would DEFINITELY not want any part of. Regardless of any illegality.
So you're what, a 7th grader? Maybe young 8th grade. And 17 makes her a senior. What the Steve? Sounds like trouble to me. A lot of trouble. I'm not saying anything about you, but what senior would go out with someone that young? Last time I checked high schoolers' brains simply didn't work that way.....and I am one, I should know. Freshmen are the scum of the earth, most people don't even remember that middle school exists, and if they do it's not even worth assigning a derogatory term to. 

And she's asking you about sex?!?! That is just Steved up. Like I said, if it were me I would have stayed away from this from the start.

I don't know Oldies, It isn't unheard of...  It isn't something that EVERYONE does no, but I know many high school aged girls who dated younger guys..  And they are only 5 yeas apart... that isn't that much really..  My wife is 10 years older than me... It isn't asa much about age, or grade, as it is about maturity level, and for a 17yo girl, looks probably play a bit in it.. At 5'9 for a 13yo he must look like much older, he seems to have a decent head on his shoulders, based on his actions here, and he uses proper grammar, which is surprising for a 13yo.. So, I don't really see anything wrong in them dating, but I do see something wrong in sexual activity.. I don't think 17 year olds should be engaging in sexual activity, let alone 13year olds.. I think if you aren't old enough to truly support a child, and I mean SUPPORT, Financially, emotionally,spiritually, then you DO NOT have any business having sexual relations..  Because, even with birth control, things can and do happen.

JimK
#9January 5th, 2008 · 01:42 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
politically correct statement... You should not be engaging in sex at this young of an age...

I understand this about wanting to date her , cause I had a older girlfriend (thought i was cool) I was 14, she was 17 and drove a real cool  Green Charger with a 440 Mag in it (real fast, lots of power).  She was my first. Because she was older, she was a little  more experienced.  Things were actually ok, and as far as girlfriends go, from her on through high school... she was one of the better ones..

The problem,  I think,  is after having engaged in sex at that early of an age. I expected sex from any of the girls I would start dating .. Most girls back then were not having sex at that early of an age.. So, it was frustrating for me, and probably irritating to them( me bugging em all the time).   I would dump a girl if after dating her for a bit things weren't progressing as I had planned   .  So I did not have a great reputation among the "good" girls and found myself hanging with the "easy girls" .. I may have missed out from a truly amazing relationship or something of that nature, cause I did not, or was not willing to take the time to "wait" until they felt ready, or the fact the sex was coming up at that age at all.

I still feel though that a lot of kids are having sex at 14and just cause we tell em not too, doesn't make em stop.

I'm not your parents, but if you engage in sex at this early of an age (I would suggest not to), then practice safe sex.(you do not want a kid at your age...plus the disease thing)..

Be careful ..go slow and use your brain think things out first.
#10January 5th, 2008 · 04:40 PM
44 threads / 6 songs
305 posts
United States of America
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76-3la9rcl4

!!!

However, 13? I'm 15 and starting to think about actually doing it in a few years. Hold off dude. I'm pretty sure most people would tell you that its better to wait.
#11January 7th, 2008 · 04:54 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
21 and going strong   I'll make it past 22.  but probably not 23.

But by then, I'll be married, I expect, so I'm not dropping anything crazy here.  I'll most likely be married off by the end of this year of 2008.  (heh, i make it sound like it's not within my control by saying "married off".  it's within my control, entirely, trust me!)

in an honest personal opinion, that has been given several times already (which opinion i wish to reiterate)...

just wait.  Once you realize that life consists of more than just having sex because you get into that crazy mood in highschool, you'll understand it better.  but until you understand it (as i hope you will, and her as well), just take the majority vote as Wise counsel.

On a strictly head-on-straight level, Jim said it best.. nobody ought to be thinking about taking steps like this until they are able to take on a child financially, emotionally, spiritually, etc.  And toastedgoat's insight was extremely valid as well.

just don't get yourself into a goofy situation where despair plagues you as you realize what you could have done better, yet you can't undo.
#12January 19th, 2008 · 01:27 PM
8 threads
34 posts
United Kingdom
So I'm being told not to...so now I have to!
#13January 19th, 2008 · 11:11 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
hah.. until you realize that you shouldn't have, and then you can join the club and tell someone else :P

whatever, man.. just live and learn.  (make sure you do the learning part, as that's the most important)
#14January 20th, 2008 · 02:46 AM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
TonightsLastSong wrote…
just live and learn.

Before I continue, understand (and I know you are open-minded, so I think you will) that I am taking potshots at your faith, but it's really refreshing to know that people realize that you will make choices that may not be socially, morally and personally acceptable, but it is alright as long as you learned from them.  Bravo.
#15January 20th, 2008 · 08:38 AM
8 threads
34 posts
United Kingdom
Thanks guys
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 1:23 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.