5th period is get on bandamp
and listen to music!!!!!! I think
It shows that I am dedicated but
I really don't care what they think
#2May 15th, 2007 · 01:44 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
AMEN!  Your friends will never be famous either!
#3May 15th, 2007 · 05:07 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
Band geek.
Not music nerd. That sounds dumb.
Band geek is cool. I'm proud of it. It's actually pretty cool to be a band geek at my school....we have the best band program in Wisconsin.

Don't lose sight of music if it's your passion, SS.

I'm lucky in the fact that I go to an entire school of band geeks, and I associate mostly with people who love music.
#4May 15th, 2007 · 07:23 PM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
I don't know if this is of any help but in my final years at high school I took ballet as a option ,got much grief from not only boneheads but also my own mates.
then one  day I pointed out 2 things which shut em all up.
Got a weekly paying gig dancing/singing on kids  TV show.which meant after 6 months I could afford my first set of wheels &
While they were training for rugby with their heads shoved up between their team mates thighs in a scrum,
I was  rehearsing with a dozen  gorgeous  female dancers {"now get a good hold of me and lift" } ,the other two male dancers were gay , I was the only straight boy in the group.
THANK- YOU GOD.was my daily meditation.
So SS sounds like ure on the right path old son.
good luck 2 you

#5May 15th, 2007 · 07:31 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
blakhatz wrote…
I don't know if this is of any help but in my final years at high school I took ballet as a option ,got much grief from not only boneheads but also my own mates.
Got a weekly paying gig dancing/singing on kids  TV show.which meant after 6 months I could afford my first set of wheels &
While they were training for rugby with their heads shoved up between their team mates thighs in a scrum,
I was  rehearsing with a dozen  gorgeous  female dancers {"now get a good hold of me and lift" } ,the other two male dancers were gay , I was the only straight boy in the group.
good luck 2 you

;)
I most defenetly agree.!!!Right path indeed.
#6May 16th, 2007 · 08:37 AM
50 threads
259 posts
United States of America
OOO YEA
HHHMMMM.... ballet thats intresting...
#7May 17th, 2007 · 09:28 AM
10 threads / 3 songs
69 posts
United States of America
haha!!!
Your not alone bro, I'm in first period right now!
#8May 17th, 2007 · 11:59 AM
119 threads / 90 songs
258 posts
United Kingdom
I think male band geek has been done to death. Every other teenage boy plays guitar in my town.
The thing that makes me laugh is that they use it as a line to pick up girls.
('Hey, I'm in a band. Soooo can I touch your breasts?')
But the thing that makes me laugh even more is that sometimes, it works for them. 

blakhatz wrote…
good luck 2 you

;)
And that...is just awesome! 
#9May 18th, 2007 · 11:13 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
Playing guitar doesn't make you a band geek. being in school band and thinking of nothing else makes you a band geek.
#10May 19th, 2007 · 09:01 PM
50 threads
259 posts
United States of America
but i think about music 24/7
i listen to my Ipod-shizzy in
class and have been caught so
many times they search my pockets
b4 class. well not really but I
do have to sit up front now.
(but that still dont stop me)
#11May 22nd, 2007 · 04:43 PM
31 threads / 1 songs
434 posts
United States of America
i used to skip every class i could to go to the band room and practice.

my gym teacher was awesome because as long as we showed up on time, on the line, in our gym shorts and T-shirt for roll call he'd write you a pass to go anywhere.

all my teachers knew i was smart and i'd often finish my work well before everyone else simply because instead of being a 'tard and jacking off and talking during class, i'd actually pay attention, ditto for actually doing my work while in class.

so then i'd be sitting there with 3/4 of the class left to go and so i'd get my teachers to let me go to the band room and practice under the excuse that i had major competitions coming up that i needed to practice for. which was both true and untrue in that i did have competitions, they just didn't matter at all. it was a good excuse.

so i say: rock on music nerds!

as the guys from south park said, all the nerds in high school are the ones who go on to do amazing things with their lives and all the preps, pops and jocks are the ones who end up staying at their old high schools to become hall monitors, aides, disciplinarians and gym teachers.

be glad you're a music nerd, when you grow up and the opposite sex starts becoming interested in you and you in them, liking music with a passion won't be nerdy anymore, it'll be hot

so again i say: rock on music nerds!
#12May 23rd, 2007 · 05:59 PM
50 threads
259 posts
United States of America
ok thanks man!!!!
amen to that lol
im at church but..
thanks guys i just
felt kinda weird
that i practice
4 hours aday on
the weekends! lol
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 2:24 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.