There are 73,000,000+ American members currently on the
internet network, and the average car takes about 30 to 50 dollars to fill
up.
    If all users did not go to the pump on the 15th, it would take
  &n bsp;    $2,292,000,000.00 (that's almost 3 BILLION) out of the oil
companys pockets for just one day, so please do not go to the gas station
on May 15th and lets try to put a dent in the Middle Eastern oil industry
for at least one day.

If you agree (which I cant see why you wouldnt) resend this to all your contact list. With it saying, ''Don't pump gas on May 15th"
recieved this via e-mail from a friend and thought i would help spread the word. then i noticed how small my e-mail contact list is. so i was hopeing that those of you out there might help spread the word by sending this message to all your familly and friends, weather you agree or disagree so that otheres may have a chioce to choose weather or not they want to particapate.  besides i know alot of bandampers i thought might be interested in the info if not the cause. 
so help me spread the word please ^_^
thanks alot!
paperdoll
#2May 1st, 2007 · 06:51 AM
1 threads
79 posts
United States of America
These things never work. They're passed around every so often and are just a big joke really. Instead of not pumping, people should look for a more fuel efficient car instead of riding around in big trucks and suv's as daily drivers. Oh well.
#3May 1st, 2007 · 02:38 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: dont pump gas on may 15th
Come 2 Europe .........

'Gas' is 10 bucks a gallon or so

stop wingeing and use less?

#4May 1st, 2007 · 07:50 PM
48 threads / 7 songs
429 posts
United States of America
yeah well... still..
#5May 2nd, 2007 · 01:25 AM
28 threads / 20 songs
255 posts
Australia
umm actually i dont think that it will cost oil companies nearly 3 billion dollars because i doubt that ALL internet users buy 50 dollars of gas every single day, some dont buy gas at all, some dont even have cars.... i fall into all of those categories. And anyway whats the point, they are doing a service to you, in return you give them money, did you expect it to be free?
#6May 2nd, 2007 · 05:03 AM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
Well, if you don't fuel up on May 15, and you usually fuel up every couple of days, there'll be a larger number of cars fuelling up on the days surrounding may 15, which will nullify that one day. What would be better would be a Government associated promotion, like a walk to work day, or a free bus transport day, to reduce the cars on the road, and reduce emissions for that one day. I think an internet based promo wouldn't really work, and the concept has massive holes in it. The figures produced are ideals, assuming EVERYONE does this on a daily basis.

WB

edit: Slasher, yes, I'm lead to believe the average family car being a monster truck might be a small contributor to the problem 

I think it's time to bring out the hippie fuel!
#7May 2nd, 2007 · 11:26 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
My car doesn't run on Hippie Fuel!!! 
I might, it doesn't!
#8May 2nd, 2007 · 11:56 AM
37 threads / 19 songs
618 posts
United States of America
Hey Slash_dude
Not sure about the chain mail thingy,
But I remember the nation wide gas
standoff April 22nd 1977.. I had to
push my pinto wagon into a parking
lot and walk home... The next day,
Ronald RayGuns, had some sort of
meeting, and prices dropped a few
pennies..  go figure... I was telling
LD last night that if it hits $3/gal
here, she's gonna have to get a
bicycle built for four.. or since we're
in mule country, a mule and wagon!!

blessings,

Dan - Blue
#9May 4th, 2007 · 10:46 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
590 posts
United Kingdom
cycle.... or get smaller cars. everyone knows, unless your trying for the guiness world records which has already been done so theres no point, you can only fit four to five people in an average car, and if thats all you need, then you might as well get a fiat panda.

anyway, wow, fuel in america is soo cheap.

Ian
#10May 5th, 2007 · 11:08 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Cheap fuel
It's a trade off...  Fuel is cheaper here, but that is because of many things, one, The US produces more of the worlds fuel than anyone else. We also have WAY more cars on the road, This means more money for the oil companies. If you make a product, and it costs $10 to make, you only sell 10 a year, you would need to sell that product for $100 to make $1000. minus your cost of $10 per unit that means $900 profit. NOw, imagine you sold 100 per year, you could sell it for $50 and profit would be $4000.00..  See? More sales equal lower prices. It is simple business logic. If the demand is great enough, prices come down. What is happening now though, is simple price gouging. I know some people who work at the Mobil crude oil refiniery in Southern Ohio. They said that they were making $25 profit per barrel just a few years ago, now they are making $95 per barrel profit. They raised the prices simply to make more money. Which according to the US government is illegal. Yet, Our president and his cronies are so tied up in Oil Money, they wont dare do anything to stop it, because it's feeding their own pockets. I drive a smaller sedan, that gets 32 miles per gallon. And a mini-van that gets 28 miles per gallon. I am looking into getting a Prius or something like that, they get close to 60 mpg, and are cleaner on emissions. Check this out, of it's for real, or not, we will never see it come to reality it will virtualy shut down the oil companies.. And if it does come to be, water will go up to $40 a gallon http://www.evtv1.com/player.aspx?itemnum=2061

JimK
#11May 5th, 2007 · 05:02 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Jim that was REALLY interesting, cheers a lot for posting. 

If that is a reality, again I hear a new meaning to the age of Aquarius! 
#12May 7th, 2007 · 02:11 PM
48 threads / 7 songs
429 posts
United States of America
lol
#13May 7th, 2007 · 09:42 PM
10 threads / 3 songs
69 posts
United States of America
yeahah
great idea, I was just talking about doing something like that the other day, it's 3.23. for gas where i live now. I'm in, but this probably won't work unless it's goverment promoted. But they won't do that because we're in the biggest economical debt we've had (I think) ever.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 19th, 2024 · 4:14 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.