#1April 4th, 2007 · 04:56 PM
50 threads
259 posts
United States of America
NEW BAND!!! HELP US!!!
OK GUYS I REALLY NEED HELP WITH THIS 1 I HAVE BEEN PLAYING GUITAR FOR A YEAR NOW AND I AM STARTING TO BUCKLE DOWN AND GET KINDA SEROIUS AND I NEED TO KNO SOME REALLY COOL SONGS THAT ARE KINDA E-Z TO GET US STARTED WE HAVE 2 GUITARS A DRUMMER AND A SINGER (NO BASS YET) BUT IT NEEDS TO B LIKE MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE OR FALL OUT BOY OR NIRVANA OR SUMTING LIKE THAT SOME1 TOLD ME NIRVANAS SONGS WERE PRETTY E-Z ANY COMMENT ON THAT???? ANYWAY THNX IN ADVANCE IM KINDA NEW HERE AND I CANT WAIT TO B A FULL FLEDGE MEMBER OF BANDAMP!!!!!!
#2April 4th, 2007 · 06:18 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
true, nirvana songs are easy to play 

succes
#3April 4th, 2007 · 08:26 PM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
GreenDay...Ramones...classic tunes that are pretty straight forward....does your lead guitarist got skills? The rhythm parts in most punk/emo/alt  songs are straight forward but some of the lead work is tricky..Simple Plan, Good Charlotte, Offspring...Blink 182..Weezer...and so on and so forth..lol
#4April 5th, 2007 · 07:29 AM
119 threads / 90 songs
258 posts
United Kingdom
Yeah, even I can play Nirvana. Just search for some tabs, theres loads of free tab websites around.

Eeeew my chem and fallout boy bleeeuurrgh    Sorry... had to get that in... 
#5April 5th, 2007 · 03:31 PM
50 threads
259 posts
United States of America
yea im the lead guitar but i kinda got skills but watever........ i dont know FALL OUT BOY AND MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
#6April 5th, 2007 · 10:12 PM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
Cover band...
I'm not a big fan of bands that just do cover songs, you can't get success off that (unless you're a tribute band that's really good). If you want to go for easy songs then sure, what's written above is fine, but if you want to improve your skills, challenge yourself, get some solid material, like metallica or such equivelant challenging music. I think a lot of bands out there are going for the "My Chemical Romance" and "Fall Out Boy" sound, just experiment with original stuff (there's plenty of help around here if you're one of those "pick up a guitar with no prior musical theory" bands) then you'll find your own sound, it's just, cover bands,
Taken out of context, same kind of feeling.

Good luck anyways, covers are a great learning curve, but not a final destination.

Cheers

WB
#7April 5th, 2007 · 10:29 PM
44 threads / 6 songs
305 posts
United States of America
Wow.

Fall out boy?

My chemical romance?

I see the connection between those two bands and your sucky grammer and crap internet sKiLz like DOING ALL CAPS OK??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111111111eleven
#8April 6th, 2007 · 01:25 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
ZachBlume wrote…
Wow.

Fall out boy?

My chemical romance?

I see the connection between those two bands and your sucky grammer and crap internet sKiLz like DOING ALL CAPS OK??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111111111eleven

is there a need for this comment? this is plain unwarranted disrespect. each person to it's tastes - I don't like these bands either, nor am I a fan of crap grammar and all caps, but please reconsider.

PX (mod)
#9April 6th, 2007 · 02:46 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
ZachBlume wrote…
Wow.

Fall out boy?

My chemical romance?

????????????????????Why???????????????????????????
#10April 6th, 2007 · 09:13 AM
50 threads
259 posts
United States of America
wow!!!!
Guys..... thanks for those of you who have helped me I really apreciate all of the help i somewhat write songs alittle..... not really though i geuss our band just needs to get to it!!! And to all you guys who r just posting to say something sux or talk about my crap grammar skillz shove it (and i mean that in the nicest way possible) ok this is a help thread and if ur not here to help then just get out!!!!!! thanks

PS: DOES IT ANNOY YOU WHEN I TALK IN ALL CAPS????????????????????????????????????????????????
#11April 6th, 2007 · 09:29 AM
50 threads
259 posts
United States of America
CLosing
you guys thanks for your help but i dont need this any more! im  not doing cover band stuff!! im gonna be orignal!!!!
#12April 6th, 2007 · 09:58 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Silentslaughter,
I bet you ending reconsidering the "I don't need this any more! I'm not doing cover band stuff!" - I'll tell you why...
Be original for sure - but you can learn so much by dissecting the work that other bands have done and learning to play some of the music you like well.  It's a challenge to cover stuff well, but it can teach the whole band methods of song construction, dynamics, chord progression, harmony, vocal delivery, and how to work together!  You'll probably find that you'll want to add a couple of covers to any set you play in any case.
While you're learning other people's stuff, you can then start to jam around and write your own music.

Just a thought

ps - write all my own lyrics and music, and do all the arrangements etc etc.  The band I play in does nearly all covers including songs from the Stones, Hendrix, Santana, Killers, Franz Ferdinand, Strokes, Muse etc.  Perhaps that just makes me a sad git!!!
#13April 6th, 2007 · 10:07 PM
44 threads / 6 songs
305 posts
United States of America
PuppetXeno wrote…
ZachBlume wrote…
Wow.

Fall out boy?

My chemical romance?

is there a need for this comment? this is plain unwarranted disrespect. each person to it's tastes - I don't like these bands either, nor am I a fan of crap grammar and all caps, but please reconsider.

PX (mod)

My bad. Your completely right.

Sorry.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 4:39 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.