#1March 22nd, 2007 · 12:33 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Dude..
Don't leave man.... 

I think the posting is down some mainly because the site has had some down time, but there has always been a little bit of click-ism...  I think it should start getting a bit better soon... I think we all can step it up a notch on the posting....  I for one, have been a bit lax, but only because I am also a Boy Scout leader, and have been very busy with that... but I will try to post a bit more... I do log in every day, and at least check out the new songs, and try to post something to at least a couple songs... And I think if you are going to post songs here, you NEED to participate in the site.. this means posting to the songs, I am sorry, if you have a slow internet connection, then you still need to participate... I don't think there is a good excuse for not doing it...  I know some people have said that they don't have much time to spend, so they only post enough to get their song on here...  I am sorry, I don't think that is fair to the others..  You want people to comment on your song, but you aren't willing to spend the time to comment on their song? I don't want to make this too strict sounding, I mean... I'm a pretty laid back dude..  But, dang man...  I mean, some of these guys put some serious effort into what they did, and noone says boo, or how do you do...  That is just raw man... SO, let's turn this frown upside down, and start commenting!

JimK
#2March 22nd, 2007 · 02:48 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
I know how you feel and I agree... Personally I really don't have much time to spend at the moment, too many things going on in my life, I'm on a "well deserved" break seing as I've been top poster to this site for over a year-and-then-some. And I'll be back for full once I've reorganized and things start to clear up.

But: It's true, it's not hard to click the song player and speak (or write) your mind about what you hear! Actually even as a poster one can learn a lot from the reactions given to one's post, or reading other people's posts. Interacting with the other Ampers is also fun and entertaining and has proved to provide refreshing inspiration to many (seing the loads of collaboration projects of late).

Also, we have a news-letter tool right now, we should start putting that to good use so we can bring more cohesion back to the community - it's true that's been compromised by the downtime and recent slowdown problems... In the end, only the members can make this community function efficiently, so it's up to all of us to make the best of it. Just like the success of your band most depends on your own getting off your butt and work on it.

Now whatever happens, don't get overly enthusiastic and/or dramatic when things do or do not go the way we like them to go... In the end there's always a natural evolution towards anything, like the climate, like growing up and old, like new technologies and fashion hypes, like the traffic to this site... Just relaaaax everything will be alright!
#3March 22nd, 2007 · 05:55 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
Hey
Marino if you go Ill hunt you down
Please dont go

Flyer
#4March 22nd, 2007 · 08:24 AM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
Guilty!
I have to confess I've been guilty of all above lately but life, work, and preparing for gigs to come (first one after 10 years) have prevent me for spending much time on the site
To my defense though the few times I have been on line it has been a very slow and painful experience
I understand that those issues are solve now and things seem to run more smoothly
But I don't seem to be the only one maybe sometime you don't have time to spend reviewing music because you are making some!
I hope I will manage to find more time to spend on the site and do my bit for the community
#5March 22nd, 2007 · 08:48 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
It's not just this site
I found another upload site that is similar to this one with the forums and posting comments. They don't have the  monthly battles and such or the chat ( I just love bandamp's set up).  They have the exact same thing going on. the site is bigger has way more artist and very few comments on songs or star(votes) and of the thousands that on the site only a small handfull actually participate.  I think it is the same here. There are a few that come on post a song here and there and are just concerned with reviews to there own music, not joining to listen or review others music.

That is very common among all these sites. There are a lot of members but only a small % actually become part of the site community. I think that is why  sites like garageband has mandatory reviewing to get your songs on and to even see your reviews.

imho I would like to see more reviews and posting plus more activity in the forums.  But I have no idea how to go about it , I would not want to force someone to review my songs . If they really like it I hope they would comment. If you force people to review it seems it my become like garageband where reviewers are hostile and derogatory to each other because they really don't want to have to review any songs ....just post there own music in hopes of becoming the next big thing.
#6March 22nd, 2007 · 08:49 AM
37 threads / 19 songs
618 posts
United States of America
clicks..
in school I always stood out away from clicks...
I would tell everyone that I am the click they
really wanted to be in.. and that everyone could
be in my click!!! EVERYONE!!  I have really
found everyone here to be so kewl! enough so
that I have grown to enjoy my time here... I
really don't have to much more either..

Marino, You can't leave, I have found a new
musical hero.. I know tall boots to fill, but you
do it so well.. my influences were many. from
bach to the beatles.. stones, doors.. hell even
white witch.. but if I had to choose just one
artist that I would call my all time hero and
top musical influence, it would have to have
been Jim Croce...  and my man, in my eyes
you rank in that category..  And I feel I even
know what your first response to this praise
will be.. sincere modesty fits you very well
I might add!!   But I hope you can find it
to stick around.. I for one have a problem
being able to sit here that long, as well as
a very short attention span when it comes
to reviewing and rating the songs.. I have
been just taking and going down the line
with the individuals tunes, knocking them
down one at a time.. some I have to listen
to several times before I am able to even
sit down with them.. rarely at a loss for
words though as you can well see! (g)
but I do try to be very honest, fair and
impartial.. yes I have already found a
couple of favorite tunes.. and I want to
get into the amp enough to start doing
play lists and the whole nine yards..
have been a.d.h.d. all of my life, as you
can easily tell by the way I write, hyper-
focusing to the point of writing in a
manner that would make tolstoy roll
over in his grave each time. (maybe
after all is said and done, he will make
it back to facing upwards) (lol),
but i just can't help but express myself
as openly and honestly as possible..
with that said, I will say it one more time.
You can't leave.. and as for clicks, well
all of the rest of them will figure it out
maybe before it's to late.  And that is
there is only one click.. your's and mine!
AND EVERYONE Can join!!! the only
requirement is EVERYONE has to
accept EVERYONE else!! We're very
diverse here geographically.. as well as
styles - talents in music!!  this makes
for the perfect click!! and we all just
have to step back a few feet, take the
time to remember music is a universal
language that all can speak in their own
way... expressing one's self, allowing
your heart to show is the way this world
could get straightened out!! We just have
to come together as a whole.. Divided we
fall, I hope others will remember...

enough I know.. well maybe to much..
starting a preface to a small russian novel
is a style of mine I have never seemed to
be able to shake.. I apologize for being
so emotional and wordy... I just don't want
to loose a new friend so quickly.. I don't want
to loose a new friend at all!! So stick around,
if nothing else because you know I need
the wisdom as much as steering in the right
direction!!

Blessings,

Danny aka BluEyes
#7March 22nd, 2007 · 10:35 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
its not the point of writing comments or critiques or ratings
what everyone here needs is a goal.
if you are a non pro musician like me you need a point where you can go to. could be a date in a studio, or a date with a songwriter or so... or simply a date with other musicians to change experiences
if you are a pro musician and publishing your titles here on bandamp you are still looking for producers or acknowledgement.
if all of this isnt there then you're gonna be frustated and surely you dont know why you write music if noone is interested.
now I come to my first sentence....
every musician on this site needs a goal.
but this site doesnt have it all, like all the other sites. music business is a tough business and not everyone who plays a guitar or some keys is able to be in the top ten lists.
But I believe this community can be a great start to proove your ablitites and your skills to see how far you are.
And this site cannot be the judge for your further life. You have to do it on your own. You have to find your own goal.

maybe this post is not in the right corner but I think it stands for the entire community

sorry for my simple english words.
#8March 22nd, 2007 · 05:23 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
MARINO

Please don't go
Please don't go

Please don't go
Please don't go

Please don't go
Please don't go

Please don't go
Please don't go.

Babe
I love you so

I
I want you to know
that I'm gonna miss your love

the minute you walk out that door

please don't go.

Please don't go
(16 x)

Babe
I love you so

I want you to know

please don't go

don't go
don't' go away

please don't go
don't go

I'm beggin' you t stay.

If you leave at least in my lifetime
I've had one dream come true.
I was blessed to be loved
by someone as wonderful as you

please don't go

don't go
don't go away

please don't go
don't go

I'm beggin' you to stay

hey
hey
hey!

Please don't go ...
(9 x)

Babe
I love you so

I
I want you to know

so please don't go

don't go
don't go away

hey
hey
hey!
I need your love

I'm down on my knees

beggin' you please
please
please!
Don't go! Don't ya hear me baby?
Don't ya leave me now.
Oh! No! No
don't go!
Please don't go.
I want your love
babe

I
I
I love you so!
It comes and it goes. We all do, we're all individuals all with different lives, if I spend too much time here I'm not earning money to pay for food, house, kids etc, it's as simple as that.
I'm one of those who tries to come here every day and if I a) have time and b) feel like commenting, I will.
Again PX the wise hits the nail on the head :
quote=PX
In the end, only the members can make this community function efficiently, so it's up to all of us to make the best of it.
So the ones who get it do what they can, and the ones who don't have other experiences to learn from.
Though I must admit, having a go at people every now and then to get them voting and commenting is a good idea!
But threatening us with leaving doesn't solve a thing dude! 
You've already earned your place on the mantle-piece! 

So if you didn't get it the first time, here it is again :

Please don't go
Please don't go

Please don't go
Please don't go

Please don't go
Please don't go

Please don't go
Please don't go.

Babe
I love you so

I
I want you to know

please don't go.

Please don't go
(16 x)

Babe
I love you so

I want you to know

please don't go

don't go
dont' go away

please don't go
don't go

I'm beggin' you t stay.

If you leave at least in my lifetime
I've had one dream come true.
I was blessed to be loved
by someone as wonderful as you

please don't go

don't go
don't go away

please don't go
don't go

I'm beggin' you to stay

hey
hey
hey!

Please don't go ...
(9 x)

Babe
I love you so

I
I want you to know

so please don't go

don't go
don't go away

hey
hey
hey!
I need your love

I'm down on my knees

beggin' you please
please
please!
Don't go! Don't ya hear me baby?
Don't ya leave me now.
Oh! No! No
don't go!
Please don't go.
I want your love
babe

I
I
I love you so!

Got to say that I find TritonKeyboarders comment very intelligent indeed and very true!

Unless someone comes up with a scheme to get people to comment more then what you see is what you get I'm afraid! 
#9March 23rd, 2007 · 05:20 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
re: Threatening?
Marino wrote…
RE Kings
But threatening us with leaving doesn't solve a thing dude! 

I don't want to leave I thought I might get banned for bringing this up and that I wasn't going to be able to log back in.I'm very happy here and I take as it comes but I wanted to say something about this issue, because I do believe things can be changed.
I know everybody has there moments and the busy schedules and all the other crazy stuff going on at a personal level so yeah I don't feel like reviewing all the time(and I don't) but I do review and not only to my friends I review everybody regardless of who they are, and the funny thing is that just about all of you here review very often and to newcomers too(I would always look forward to PX and Kings reviews,there were the first people I met and there welcome was amazing).So yes for me is important to hear from you guys not only because of the music but also because of the bonds that are created from artist to artist and from friend to friend.
I also know the site had its share of problems with loading and stuff but this issue has been going on long before.Anyway I'm not leaving if I dont get kick out I love this place.I'm just talking about something that I noticed and I guess I wont bring it up anymore!
By the way Kings I love that song!

ah alright! yes well you're not going to get banned for uttering cricism on any level, unless it involves explicit personal rudeness combined with invalid arguments and no-response to counter-arguments and direct warnings. As for now, there is no reason to charge you of anything yet, let alone convict and sentence you to be exiled, but if it means so much to you I'll keep looking more closely

but it's all cool... I mean it's good to raise the subject every now and then, and we're working on solutions to the low number of ratings issue. all will be fine... now... let's just enjoy ourselves a little and let the good times roll!

and remember to always feel the    and the    and then    inside!

cheers!

Server Time: May 10th, 2024 · 9:50 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.