#1March 6th, 2007 · 09:37 PM
24 threads / 9 songs
284 posts
Mexico
1st. bandamp international congress
We live in a posmodern era where the structures doesn't matter. No borders, no rules, no No's...

Anyway, many ampers are getting involved in the discussion about what's better to the site and to us. Everyone types his opinions but anyone want to put order to the main ideas.

the recent topics are deeply in the sense of the way will follow bandamp and bandampers, for example:

battles - votes - prizes
music: sell - protect - categorize
demos: how to do it?
collabs - benefit CD's

We haven't see to Entheon.or Mud at least, in many months...

we still waiting for answers to many, and so many, issues of interest not only to us, many of it depends of Entheon and Mud

maybe the mods and slasherx have contact with them, why they don't ask for their opinion, or much better, their assistance to solve this topics

so, I'm promoting a way to dialogue directly between all the interested to MAKE THE FUTURE of Bandamp

here co-exist people from different lands, latitudes, preferences, capabilities, BUT all of us loves MUSIC & BANDAMP

so, why don't??

dodo
#2March 6th, 2007 · 09:45 PM
24 threads / 9 songs
284 posts
Mexico
logistic issues
we need

a plattform,
            maybe Skype is the solution for the meeting

a call for discussion papers (proposals)

a date accord the most traffic of the members

representants: maybe one from country, or much better, similar interests and ONE for group. I'm not promoting the discrimination but the dialogue is better when not much people are trying to solve something

and the main ingredient: INTEREST

what do you think?

dodo
#3March 8th, 2007 · 04:35 PM
24 threads / 9 songs
284 posts
Mexico
re: logistic issues
dodosito wrote…
...and the main ingredient: INTEREST

hmmm   
#4March 8th, 2007 · 04:43 PM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
um Dodo?  maybe your message is getting a little lost in the translation?

I think what you're saying is - that there are lots of ideas and suggestions floating around for improvements and changes for BandAmp..but nothing seems to be actually getting done, and you would like a live discussion to sort it all out - with Mud involved.  Is that what you mean?
#5March 8th, 2007 · 05:01 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
well...
This has been brought up before.... But I am not sure what we can do to get it rolling...

I would love to get an online meeting of the minds with Mud or any of OWNER/Code dudes and duddettes of Bandamp, and a few users, perhaps we could all meet in chat at a specific time...but We need them to respond, and acknowledge... SlasherX is doing a fantastic job of fixing things up...  But as for additional features, I don't know if he can make those decisions, or if he is just a friend helping out the cause...

JimK
#6March 8th, 2007 · 06:41 PM
24 threads / 9 songs
284 posts
Mexico
spoon wrote…
um Dodo?  maybe your message is getting a little lost in the translation?

I think what you're saying is - that there are lots of ideas and suggestions floating around for improvements and changes for BandAmp..but nothing seems to be actually getting done, and you would like a live discussion to sort it all out - with Mud involved.  Is that what you mean?

that is spoony, thanks!!
#7March 9th, 2007 · 03:07 AM
1 threads
79 posts
United States of America
From what I understand collaboration would just be a forum with a player? I still don't understand that concept.
#8March 9th, 2007 · 04:21 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
yes, a collaboration forum would be a 2nd Audio Review (for unfinished songs that is)

Again I personally do not support a 2nd Audio Review with as argument that I am quite sure not all if not most members will not understand what forum to upload their tune to. Some take this site more serious than others, and all have their own views about when a song is finished / the best it can be or not. What I would like to have instead is a visual discrimination of songs that are in a battle (green "battle star" or something siding the name, just like yellow stars show up on songs you've rated) plus a "mandatory rating" system for those songs.

Mud has told me in a email that the idea of slasherx's presence is that he will be around to fix things AND add new features on the member's requests (if the members agree with eachother). In fact he said that the members should vote on the various ideas that would go around the site. Maybe a poll-system for "to be or not to be implemented new features" could help out with that.

Also I've upp'd an idea about a semi-automatic monthly newsletter. But for now I REALLY would like to see something done about the low number of ratings left to songs in battles, the newsletter thing isn't as important (to my opinion).

Anyway thanks for your work slasherx, keep it up!
#9March 9th, 2007 · 12:17 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
I agree with you pup
At first I thought that a second collab forum would be cool. Now I have changed my mind. The separate forum would probably just confuse things.  I like the idea of the different colors for the the interred into battle songs plus the mandatory review.  I saw a response in one of the other threads where some stated they didn't want to feel like they had to review a song.  I say that's ok  but  there are some people that are just uploading songs and you never see them giving reviews.  They upload there songs, and want reviews on there music, but don't respond in kind to review or vote on others music.

I'm not sure if forcing anyone to review or vote would be better or not.  If they feel pressured into having to vote or review they may just give out a detrimental response and vote (hopefully not). 

I'm not sure what should be done cause I did the garageband thing with the read a review have to review thing, and to vote you have to vote, and it was ok but I much prefer this setup.

So maybe we should  select a members committee to discuss and vote on needed changes (if any).  they could set up a voting page for members to vote on issues such as mandatory voting, separate forums,  ect.
#10March 9th, 2007 · 12:33 PM
24 threads / 9 songs
284 posts
Mexico
Hey! we have answers

PuppetXeno wrote…
Mud has told me in a email that the idea of slasherx's presence is that he will be around to fix things AND add new features on the member's requests (if the members agree with eachother). In fact he said that the members should vote on the various ideas that would go around the site. Maybe a poll-system for "to be or not to be implemented new features" could help out with that.

toastedgoat wrote…
So maybe we should  select a members committee to discuss and vote on needed changes (if any).  they could set up a voting page for members to vote on issues such as mandatory voting, separate forums,  ect.

While I was reading the lasts post I was thinking about to do a survey, with a link next to the Guide to writing critiques and Guide to Rating songs or in the main page.

The survey format helps us to know how the majority thinks, and then the commite can take the main opinions to improve bandamp

dodo 
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 16th, 2024 · 12:54 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.