#1January 27th, 2023 · 05:49 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Hey, beautiful people ....
So it's the beginning of 2023, it's been literally years since I logged in to this most wonderful place with it's array of amazing and talented people.

The living of Life takes the upper hand, always but I should have realized years ago that 'social media' has nothing on this place.

I think my New Years resolution is going to be 'spend a bit more time at bandAmp'

I see that a few die hards still post and there are new member that need reviewing ... give me some time I'll get round to it.

Would LOVE to hear from anyone who logs in, please leave a Hello below ... an "o no not you again" is also good, I'm ok with either! 

Happy Days!!!

Love how the text box has a Spelling... button with pop up window .... how things have changed!
#2January 31st, 2023 · 05:44 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Hey hey. I do still respond to messages when I get the notification emails, but I am mostly active on Soundcloud now. It's a nice platform, having some contact with some artists, did some collabs.. it's cool. Helps to get heard for sure and there is amazeballs talent on it too...
#3February 8th, 2023 · 02:06 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Hello all,

Yeah, I still log on most days here with the hope some members may post a few things here and there. It's nearly ten years since I posted a song on the AMP, how time flies.

I still have fond memories of the AMP and it will always play a special part in my life, some of the best times of my years.

I recently became a grandad to an amazing Boy we call Mickey, he is a treasure!

I'll be retiring in about three years time and I hope I'll get back into songwriting again, I will certainly have the time.

I hope everyone is well and get posting here again, that would nice.

All the very best!
#4February 8th, 2023 · 02:35 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Well the Notifications work, just got a heads up.
I was reading somewhere in the forums about your retirement and that you were to be a grandfather.
So it's finally happened, a massive Congratulations ..... to your daughter 
You just keep on doing what you do best, being your self .... so what's the first instrument your going to teach him?

One thing I was meaning to ask you was Do you still keep all your instruments under your bed? Or did you get that Man Cave of yours sorted out?

Denis wrote…
Hello all,

Yeah, I still log on most days here with the hope some members may post a few things here and there. It's nearly ten years since I posted a song on the AMP, how time flies.

I still have fond memories of the AMP and it will always play a special part in my life, some of the best times of my years.

I'll be retiring in about three years time and I hope I'll get back into songwriting again, I will certainly have the time.

All the very best!
#5February 11th, 2023 · 07:29 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
kings wrote…
Well the Notifications work, just got a heads up.
I was reading somewhere in the forums about your retirement and that you were to be a grandfather.
So it's finally happened, a massive Congratulations ..... to your daughter 
You just keep on doing what you do best, being your self .... so what's the first instrument your going to teach him?

One thing I was meaning to ask you was Do you still keep all your instruments under your bed? Or did you get that Man Cave of yours sorted out?

Denis wrote…
Hello all,

All the very best!
After one of my daughters moved out, I set up my man cave. I've bought quite a few guitars to fill the walls, totalling 12.  I would have preferred a purpose built one, but it's the second best thing.
#6April 4th, 2023 · 12:23 PM
31 threads / 20 songs
96 posts
Canada
Heyo! It's been a long time. Wanted to see if this place is still around, nice to see some old faces (old as in from before, not necessarily old old).
#7April 4th, 2023 · 05:54 PM
32 threads
158 posts
United States of America
Oh hi!
Good thread Kings!
It’s so cool to see familiar names here! Social media has nothing on the ole ‘amp.
I still long on to read my teenage-emo lyrical nonsense here and there. Hope everyone is doing good!
I’m still writing music and lyrics but I’m an illustrator/designer now. I met my husband a little over a decade ago and now we’re chillin with a couple of rescue mutts.
This beautiful site is so ‘old’ that it’s back in style aesthetically. The blue emojis to the left here absolutely transport me to the early 2000s. 
#8April 13th, 2023 · 06:08 AM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
Beautiful People
Hello Everyone.

Oh NO its me again!!!  

Great to hear the old voices and the new.  

BTW during COVID I studied for and have recently finished/passed a Masters Degree in Professional Media Composition !!

The Slightly older - Fish
#9April 17th, 2023 · 06:10 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Denis, you know the old saying "Inner peace is in a cave with 12 guitars"
Love that you're around and still kicking ..... talk about kicking, I kicked the bucket ... no really, I kicked a wood bucket and broke my big toe, so I have 2 to 3 weeks in plaster ... me sitting around and not on the go, unheard of, but has to be done.
I'll get to some reviewing maybe.
#10April 17th, 2023 · 06:13 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
DjSkygrinder wrote…
Heyo! It's been a long time. Wanted to see if this place is still around, nice to see some old faces (old as in from before, not necessarily old old).

What's with the Old Old Faces ???   ... good name for a bad!
Dont forget you've aged just as much as the rest of us .... unless you're a time traveler.
Nice to see you pop in still
#11April 17th, 2023 · 06:16 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
re: Oh hi!
Fantasy wrote…
Good thread Kings!
It’s so cool to see familiar names here! Social media has nothing on the ole ‘amp.
I still long on to read my teenage-emo lyrical nonsense here and there. Hope everyone is doing good!
I’m still writing music and lyrics but I’m an illustrator/designer now. I met my husband a little over a decade ago and now we’re chillin with a couple of rescue mutts.
This beautiful site is so ‘old’ that it’s back in style aesthetically. The blue emojis to the left here absolutely transport me to the early 2000s.  :heart:

Yes your lyrics are still around the Lyric Review forum somewhere in the depths of time.
Bit of a shock to the old system when you say "A Decade Ago" .... but that is the time span we're looking at since we all hung out here together .... still around though and that is so cool.
#12April 17th, 2023 · 06:29 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
re: Beautiful People
swordfish wrote…
Hello Everyone.

Oh NO its me again!!!  

Great to hear the old voices and the new.  

BTW during COVID I studied for and have recently finished/passed a Masters Degree in Professional Media Composition !!

The Slightly older - Fish :heart:
John
I'm not actually surprised that you're still around, you totally love the Amp and have been a backbone all these years.
So now you have your Masters in Professional Composing how about recreating some of your classics .... I was thinking of Telephone Boy not so long ago ..... is even more relevant today than it ever was.
#13April 21st, 2023 · 04:09 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
Hi Kings 'Tel'.. 21st century boy
Yep ... I swear this is a fantastic platform.. The Best Ever in my opinion
Its just been swamped by new stuff and styles!!

But Bandamp.com just does the business!!
And nothing else does it the same way... that I have seen

As for the song
OK .... I liked it as it was!
But.... a quality upgrade with a few tweaks might be nice with my new production values
I will have a pass-by just for you

Hope you are keeping well
Lost track of you geographically
PM anytime

Hey I Found stars!! 5 !!!

John
#14August 18th, 2023 · 05:08 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Hey there Kings

Oh no... It's me again (as Swordy said).

And the years go by, but Bandamp still survives.  Who even manages this site? Good for you, whoever it now is

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 7:38 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.