#1December 14th, 2007 · 11:26 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
FL7 and Obfustat.PRQ
Just thought some some bodies some where might like to know :
Last night out of nowhere my AVG popped up that it had found a Virus on my PC in the form of Obfustat.RPQ., within the 'crack.exe' file that comes with FL7. So I went to check it out further knowing that the version I have came to me via members on bandAMP, and that I have suggested it my self to members and thus I am not the only one with this torrent/version/download.

Now, if you are worried this thread might be of interest :
http://thepiratebay.org/tor/3722412/FL_Studio_7_XXL_Fully_Cracked_100__working

If you read the thread, take heed of the comments about AVGs 'false positives' , I've read elsewhere that it's true.....that AVG has a known problem with its false positives.
AVG removed the file and I started FL7 and all still seamed to work, I haven't noticed any extra activity in the task manager since my last attack 8 months or so ago. I do know my task manager fairly well after spending hours reading and comparing HijackThis Logs.
But to be totally honest, though there may be a 'virus' in the 'crack.exe', I havent noticed anything strange happening in my PC except a working FL7 and it's still at it!  

But it is also only right that if you do have a copy of this working FL7, that you should also know about this.

I'm of the belief that the internet and viruses are similar to going out shopping and crossing the road, you just have to be careful, and if you go to dodgy districts be fully aware and fully prepared.
#2December 14th, 2007 · 02:42 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Its not difficult to deal with.  Do the install, crack it, then delete the crack..  no more virus.  Crack? Whats a crack?  You might also consider backing up a copy of the install (crack and all) to disc, for future installs.  Make sure AVG's virus vault doesnt have the Obfustat,RPQ file in there and then you are free to reinstall. Voila!  And yes, I havent noticed any adverse effects either...but the thought of a virus running around doesnt sit well with me..  This solution seems to deal with it very nicely.
#3December 26th, 2007 · 02:23 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Well............  I was running a virus scan today and came across a new Obfustat virus..this one called Obfustat.ADFM, So I looked it up and found out that AVG gets a false positive from a crack on a game I have on my pc called "BioShock".  I wonder if the Obfustat from FL is a false positive, as well, as again Ive found no adverse effects.  The problem comes once AVG has placed the virus in its vault.  At that point, it renders the .exe inert.  To resolve, you simply have to delete the "virus" from the vault and all should be ok.  Anyway, thought I would update the topic... 
#4December 26th, 2007 · 05:14 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Minds, nice one, as I said above
"If you read the thread, take heed of the comments about AVGs 'false positives' , I've read elsewhere that it's true.....that AVG has a known problem with its false positives"

So IT IS TRUE! AVG is after all a free Anti Virus and it is just doing it's job after all.
But also as mentioned nothing alarming at all has been reported from these so called 'viruses' and they are after all 'crack' files!
#5December 31st, 2007 · 03:14 PM
14 threads / 9 songs
90 posts
United States of America
I don't think Odfustat is a false positive, it was on my mom's computer somehow, and through it several viruses and trojans started coming up. Luckily with AVG, superantispyware, hijackthis, and a few other things, everything was eventually fixed. (I think...)
All I know is odfustat = bad thing.
It's good you posted this though because my friend was about to open the crack when I read this and told him, now he said he found a safe one. (but I doubt it, what he found sounded like a scam)
#6December 31st, 2007 · 05:52 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
BH wrote…
I don't think Odfustat is a false positive, it was on my mom's computer somehow, and through it several viruses and trojans started coming up. Luckily with AVG, superantispyware, hijackthis, and a few other things, everything was eventually fixed. (I think...)
All I know is odfustat = bad thing.
It's good you posted this though because my friend was about to open the crack when I read this and told him, now he said he found a safe one. (but I doubt it, what he found sounded like a scam)
Fair enough, but if it is such a 'bad thing', what does it do?
It is not running in the background on my PC ! I've installed this FL, AVG identified Odfustat and dealt with it and then I deleted the 'crack' file but still there is no difference in the processes running on my PC.
FL has also kept on working!
A good virus/malware takes time to take out as you know but this Obfustat didn't protest at all. It sound like a load of strings AVG bunches together from within the 'crack' file and calls a 'virus'.
I've just done a search for Obfustat with no results but these pages !!!

Just noticed that my original link goes to a Pirate Bay template page now !!

Strange!
#7December 31st, 2007 · 10:37 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Same here, I tried to find anything I could on the obfustat and found very little.  Just installed and deleted the file with a backup on the side and all is well.  No other virus' found, no adverse effects from viral activity.  All is well.  Anyway, my two cents....
#8January 20th, 2008 · 11:11 PM
14 threads / 9 songs
90 posts
United States of America
Sorry for the bump,
Odfustat comes in hundreds of forms with different file extenstions (i.e. odfustat.prq, odfustat.acpy, etc.)
It usually comes with cracked software, though sometimes it can install through drive by downloads and through active x on certain websites.
Odfustat is related to vundo, which is a trojan from virtumonde. Vundo opens up back doors for more trojans and viruses to come onto the computer, and hides very well. Its trojans seem to attach to other files or change the name to closely resemble the names of other files (such as on my mom's computer, some of the trojans took the name of a normal program with extra spaces between the exe). I'd recommend scanning the computer with something like hijackthis just to be safe, and if there's any suspicious behaviour from the computer at all (slow internet, slow programs, different .dll files that you don't think should be there, files "copying themselves", programs that look wrong) then you'll have to go through a lot of steps to get rid of it (but at least it's not too hard to get rid of).
Oh yeah, and this is the annoying part: every time a computer infected with vundo starts up, it downloads more trojans and viruses.
#9January 21st, 2008 · 04:57 PM
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 11:25 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.