#1March 27th, 2015 · 07:15 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
Response
best way to get band amp.....
up and rolling again is to respond to other artists as they respond to you ...

so if ive responded to you ...
then you respond to me....

and also leave a response to any new people that arrive on the site..

that is what they are looking for ... just the same as you

In fact thats what we all want ......

Simple as....[/quote]
#2March 29th, 2015 · 01:46 PM
28 threads / 28 songs
95 posts
United States of America
I'm not really sure how to respond? This mail system is kind of screwy. And I have replied to comments that I get, just don't know if the people know that I replied lol
#3April 1st, 2015 · 03:01 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Yep that's the way, and the difference between BandAMP and a bunch of other music upload services where it's about the site making money and not musicians discussing a plethora of topics (often music related) with eachother.

Commenting on songs and on comments to comments, that makes music fun and that is why BandAMP works. Wanna get it rolling? Don't sit back, interact! Gotta hit those keys, strum those strings, shout out loud through a microphone!
#4April 3rd, 2015 · 03:27 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
The same old members will always do their best to comment on threads, but it would be nice to hear from new members.
We simply do not have enough presence. Social media sites are taking over, so it might be a good idea that any threads created here on the AMP are duplicated on all social media sites. I'm assuming it can be done?
I'm spending more time on YouTube these days for learning new things. I've noticed that people that put up even poorly produced tutorials get massive views.
So here is a plan for marketing bandAMP. We need some short tutorials, short ones are more popular, or specific tutorials. Everyone of us here on the AMP will have a speciality. For me for example I often get asked how I record an acoustic guitar and what gear I use. The tutorials can be very simple, like explaining different string types, how to tune a guitar, how to arrange a song.....
They only need to be about 2mins long. They can be uploaded onto bandAMP official, yourYouTube channel, AMP and of course social media sites.
On another note, the video collab thread I started in January has sadly failed, only PX has sent me a video. No one is responding to the thread or one other I started chasing people up. Well it's up to you guys to make this thing happen, but I just don't see it happening, what a shame.
#5April 3rd, 2015 · 07:33 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
I'm finally getting settled in after the move. I don't have the recording stuff set up yet, should be getting there within the next two weeks. I didn't have decent internet connection till yesterday. It took a bit of work to get cable into the house. The ph line high speed was still very slow and expensive ( the only part of living out in the country (woods) that sucked).  I don't have any video capability I have to go through some boxes till I find the rest of my recording/video gear, lol.
#6April 14th, 2015 · 04:49 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
Denis wrote…
The same old members will always do their best to comment on threads, but it would be nice to hear from new members.
We simply do not have enough presence. Social media sites are taking over, so it might be a good idea that any threads created here on the AMP are duplicated on all social media sites. I'm assuming it can be done?
I'm spending more time on YouTube these days for learning new things. I've noticed that people that put up even poorly produced tutorials get massive views.
So here is a plan for marketing bandAMP. We need some short tutorials, short ones are more popular, or specific tutorials. Everyone of us here on the AMP will have a speciality. For me for example I often get asked how I record an acoustic guitar and what gear I use. The tutorials can be very simple, like explaining different string types, how to tune a guitar, how to arrange a song.....
They only need to be about 2mins long. They can be uploaded onto bandAMP official, yourYouTube channel, AMP and of course social media sites.
On another note, the video collab thread I started in January has sadly failed, only PX has sent me a video. No one is responding to the thread or one other I started chasing people up. Well it's up to you guys to make this thing happen, but I just don't see it happening, what a shame.

ok Denis this sounds cool.......

i have also noticed how tutorials work ....will tell u an amazing story when we next chat...
should we create a 'bandamp' youtube tutorials channel?

howzabout getting 5 or so video tutorials together before creating anythingg

hoist them somewhere convenient so we can have a look ....
then comment on how to create a bandamp video tutorial format (roadmap)
so everything looks, smells, and tastes bandamp

i will make one this weekend...if u like..so thats a start!!!!

sorry about the vid-collab project ... i didn't help on that one ...sorry

this could be fun fish
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 2:13 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.