#1January 30th, 2007 · 02:37 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
You were here!
I honestly dont know if this belongs here and I truly hope Im not out of line, as I am fairly new to this site, But the ratio of comments to views in the Audio Review section is rediculous.  Im seeing like 50 to 1 or something close to that.  I may be mistaken but I was under the impression that comments and criticism is what drove this community?  I think everyone should leave some kind of comment even if its just to say "I liked it" or "I didnt really like this one".  I dont know if everyone on this site is an artist or not but im sure those of us who are would appreciate the input one way or the other.
#2January 30th, 2007 · 02:41 PM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
re: You were here!
MindsAtPlay wrote…
I honestly dont know if this belongs here and I truly hope Im not out of line, as I am fairly new to this site, But the ratio of comments to views in the Audio Review section is rediculous.  Im seeing like 50 to 1 or something close to that.  I may be mistaken but I was under the impression that comments and criticism is what drove this community?  I think everyone should leave some kind of comment even if its just to say "I liked it" or "I didnt really like this one".  I dont know if everyone on this site is an artist or not but im sure those of us who are would appreciate the input one way or the other.

Don't forget....I might be wrong here but I think it counts views from non members as well..also every time you check to see if there is a comment, when you respond it refreshes the page and that counts as 2.....I hear what your saying....Maybe it should be number of plays to get more of a better calculation .....
#3January 30th, 2007 · 03:43 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Yeah, thats a great Idea.  I want to know who is hearing my stuff.
#4January 30th, 2007 · 06:03 PM
12 threads / 10 songs
65 posts
Germany
Ditto
I only have 3 songs posted at the moment, but my feeling is that user involvement is on the decline. Could that be? ...or was everyone busy around the holiday season and just now getting back into it? Any way we could get the  bandamp powers-that-be to add "number of plays" ?  probably not, as the little player app thing is probably a "black box" insofar as the web application is concerned and there is no way to know from an application standpoint if a user clicked it or not -- but we can ask.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 7:05 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.