#1January 28th, 2007 · 09:49 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
These performers are all deaf.
Don't know if you seen this or not, It's becoming one of the most widely watched videos and most sought after live shows  The amazing thing is that they are all deaf and rely on hand signals and trying to feel the beat.

It was sent to me by my brother.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgHmSdpjEIk

The dancers on this are amazing, worth a peak.

There is an awesome dance, called the Thousand-Hand Guan yin, which is making the rounds across the net.  All 21 of the dancers are deaf. Relying only on signals from trainers at the four corners of the stage, these extraordinary dancers deliver a visual spectacle that is at once intricate and stirring.

As long as you are kind and there is love in your heart
A thousand hands will naturally come to your aid
As long as you are kind and there is love in your heart
You will reach out with a thousand hands to help others

Guan Yin is the bodhisattva of compassion, revered by Buddhists as the Goddess of Mercy. Her name is short for Guan Shi Yin. Guan means to observe, watch, or monitor; Shi means the world; Yin means sounds, specifically sounds of those who suffer. Thus, Guan Yin is a compassionate being who watches for, and responds to, the people in the world who cry out for help.
#2January 28th, 2007 · 11:43 PM
34 threads / 16 songs
538 posts
Mexico
Man, thanks for the link.. that was pretty awsome.  I mean, even ignoring these people are deaf... 
#3January 29th, 2007 · 12:33 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
yeah, absolutely beautiful. Thanks.
#4January 29th, 2007 · 12:52 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Truly wonderful! And very impressive, to say the least (deaf or not). Too bad they can't hear the applause!
#5January 29th, 2007 · 07:14 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Maybe they could feel the applause?
The music is to good to even think about the fact that they are deaf.
But those dancers are amazing.
I really felt I was watching something ancient and traditional.
Then they 'broke out' and became commercial half way through, I didn't like that bit!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 12:36 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.