#1January 11th, 2014 · 01:03 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Interesting things found while surfing
Well as BandAMP is a site for music enthusiasts, I want to share with you two interesting YouTube channels I came across:

Oleg Berg somehow converts existing recordings of very well known tunes from Major to Minor keys and vice versa. The results are sometimes Really Really interesting, and are certainly inspiring for the music-minded. Though I've found that people with no musical training can't quite figure out what's going on exactly... But judge for yourself.

Also,
Andy Rehfelt re-creates existing songs (with videos) in different styles from their original... Converting death metal to Disney radio, grunge to reggae, ... His channel contains some brilliant stuff.

As it happens, and as an example, both have given their take at House of the Rising Sun:

Oleg Berg:

Andy Rehfelt:

If you enjoyed that, you should really go and check out their respective channels, it's really worth it.

Cheers!
#2January 13th, 2014 · 10:03 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
LMAO with the metal version!
cant get used to the minor version  
#3July 16th, 2014 · 04:59 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Excellent finds PX.
The Andy Rehfelt video is perfect, the lip-sync is very very funny because it's spot on.
The grunge growling death vocal is funny but I will say that I like the music more than the original. The death metal guitar and keyboards work really well.
#4August 18th, 2014 · 02:44 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Interesting things found while surfing
PuppetXeno wrote…
Well as BandAMP is a site for music enthusiasts, I want to share with you two interesting YouTube channels I came across:

Oleg Berg somehow converts existing recordings of very well known tunes from Major to Minor keys and vice versa. The results are sometimes Really Really interesting, and are certainly inspiring for the music-minded. Though I've found that people with no musical training can't quite figure out what's going on exactly... But judge for yourself.

Also,
Andy Rehfelt re-creates existing songs (with videos) in different styles from their original... Converting death metal to Disney radio, grunge to reggae, ... His channel contains some brilliant stuff.

As it happens, and as an example, both have given their take at House of the Rising Sun:

Oleg Berg:

Andy Rehfelt:

If you enjoyed that, you should really go and check out their respective channels, it's really worth it.

Cheers!

mad
#5August 22nd, 2014 · 12:11 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
re: re: Interesting things found while surfing
swordfish wrote…
PuppetXeno wrote…

Also,

Oleg Berg:

Andy Rehfelt:

Cheers!

mad :)

You should check out his channel as PX said, there are some gems :
Culture Club
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2Qv7j2Fhq0
Conway Twitty
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hd16RkIHeKk#t=41
and the quite amazing BeeGees rendition

#6August 22nd, 2014 · 12:18 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Seeing as I'm here and it's sort of appropriate here's another alternate art form to experience :

And if you still dont get it try the stupidly popular Gangnam

#7August 22nd, 2014 · 12:32 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
kings wrote…
Seeing as I'm here and it's sort of appropriate here's another alternate art form to experience :

And if you still dont get it try the stupidly popular Gangnam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6ZSZbNfSpk

Yeah, that is brilliant indeed! Looks like a lot work too, collecting samples and fitting them in like that. It really shows how incredibly silly (and obscene) those music videos really are. Great find!
#8August 22nd, 2014 · 07:21 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Yes, obscene ..... Andy Rehfelt is one funny guy, yet a seriously detailed producer .... and a little obscene .... read the about bit on the page for some extra insight ....

#9August 22nd, 2014 · 07:28 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
And if you liked the Music Videos without Music you really have to see these :

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 11:21 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.