#1January 29th, 2007 · 04:35 PM
1 threads
6 posts
Canada
i agree..there should be something where u can click on someones name and u can instantly talk to them
#2January 29th, 2007 · 04:55 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
yeah that would be cool to have, but I think  it should be like instant messenger  or skype  where you can have settings  to show your availability to chat.  Sometimes I hit the site right before work, and only have minutes 
to look around and see what's going on. I would want to set my setting to not available now, so I don't waste their time.
#3January 29th, 2007 · 05:36 PM
44 threads / 6 songs
305 posts
United States of America
Why don't we just have a big directory of everyone's AIM, Skype, MSN, Gaim, Google chat usernames and on their home pages?

Would be nice:)
#4January 29th, 2007 · 07:01 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
toastedgoat wrote…
yeah that would be cool to have, but I think you it should be like instant messenger  or skype  where you can have settings  to show your availability to chat.  Sometimes I hit the site right before work, and only have minutes 
to look around and see what's going on. I would want to set my setting to not available now, so I don't waste their time.
Good suggestion, I agree.
#5January 29th, 2007 · 07:05 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
I've thought of this so often I even think I've posted somewhere!
Why doesn't the sites development take a step to the right?
Each Audio/Collaboration/Lyric Review page would have a button that opens a 'chat' and 'comment' box/ < div > on the right, they could also be seen as channels, from the main lobby you'd go off to a song page for a chat!
Or even better the maker of the song/collab could be 'on-line' and chatting about that work.
A chat box on each page would make the site vibrant and active.
I think this would enhance the commenting, the 'chatting' would be done in the box (Ha! you should call it Chat in the Box!) and then proper comments would be left on the page!
#6January 30th, 2007 · 06:06 PM
21 threads
235 posts
United Kingdom
Yeah...but it'd be more of a social thing if you could just ping someone and tell them to "join the chatroom cause we're having lots of mindless banter and it's great".
You could have an on/off button of some sort. If people clicked your name and they couldn't ping you then it could tell them they're not sociabal today and they'd go "Oh" and get on with life....

#7January 30th, 2007 · 06:53 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
What about 4 channels running vertically on the page? Everyone could read all the chats going on, join in which ever took their fancy!
I don't chat much so I suppose I wouldn't know what a chat room needs, but I got lost between following, reacting and then dealing with a refreshed page that changed the meaning of every conversation and reaction!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 6:07 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.