1 2

#1December 10th, 2007 · 12:12 AM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
Blue faces?ggg

These emoticons are BLUE! This makes absolutely no sense. Who decided this site should represent their emotions by pulling blue faces at eachother?

This one's ok, if not a little bit extreme.

Also, the g's in the thread titles are normal, but in the actual thread they are in fact the old fashioned swirly wirly type your grandmother uses. Why are there more than one types of font used here, why are there more than one way that the letter g is displayed on bandamp, WHY IS THIS SO?!?!?!

Anyway, after I've brought these stunning revelations to your eyes that you may not have known before, or may not have thought of... is there possibly anything else that the regular AMPer overlooks for it's seemingly normal appearance, but is fact a phenomenal existence? Any unusual happenings within the walls of this site?

I'm quoting the future! Gasp, psychic abilities!
WritersBlock wrote…
Hehe, there's also the ability to edit your posts. (see my first post)
#2December 10th, 2007 · 12:21 AM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
I like them blue >_>

umm...you have a Hello Kitty guitar for your pic..which is an 'unusual happening within the walls of the amp'
#3December 10th, 2007 · 12:53 AM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
Yes, it's my dream guitar!
I thought it was time to crack open my oddball personality a bit more 

I could point out some more obvious oddities within this site.

The black hole. Yes, it is true, a black hole exists in this site, and it exists right where the battle of june 2007 should be and stretches all the way to november!

Then there's the wormhole. This one exists in the chatroom.Specifically in the part where names are displayed, even more specifically in the column on the part where the names are displayed where the flags are displayed. The wormhole shows flags that are not ours, but exist IN ANOTHER DIMENSION. It's no bug, it's a wormhole, get your facts straight, people!

A little less surprising, I know, but unusual, nonetheless.
#4December 10th, 2007 · 06:17 PM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
LoL But why a Hello Kitty guitar?Why not Paco or Choco Kitty?They have feelings too ya know(don't ask me why I know the names of the Hello Kitty peoples >_< )

And thanks for the idea of a new thread ^_^

I wonder why the flags freak out so much..that's weird...random..tired...

I forgot what I was going to say...
#5December 11th, 2007 · 08:00 PM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
MeowMachine wrote…
Hello Kitty guitars are amongst the best in the world.

I agree. And do you know what else is weird? I don't remember you saying that! But there it is in quotes, and we all know that quotes never lie.

P.S. Blue smiley! 
#6December 11th, 2007 · 10:21 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
g G g G g
I do not see the difference in g!!!

They look identical to me
#7December 11th, 2007 · 10:23 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
o o o o o!

You mean in the thread title on the forum index.

haha you are right

DOUBLE POST

it's cool how no one complains when you double post on the Amp.

other forums HATE that!!
#8December 11th, 2007 · 10:32 PM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
WritersBlock wrote…
MeowMachine wrote…
Hello Kitty guitars are amongst the best in the world.

I agree. And do you know what else is weird? I don't remember you saying that! But there it is in quotes, and we all know that quotes never lie.

P.S. Blue smiley!  :razz:
I never said that!-shifty eyes-

Post Script angry >:(:    lol
#9December 12th, 2007 · 12:22 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
uhhhh...WritersBlock.....have you considered getting a hobby of some sort? Or do you just really have allot of time on your hands? 
#10December 13th, 2007 · 04:04 AM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
RE: Double post
Yeah, you're right. And I've noticed that on other forums there are a lot more people that troll around and start flame wars and post threads asking simple questions that they'd know if they simply read through the forum rules =P

We should change the BandAMP slogan. BandAMP: "It's OK to double post", or we could leave it how it is =/

At BC, yes, I have too much time on my hands, it's kind of fun to while away the time with weird internet happenings.

WritersBlock wrote…
As well as inventing quotes and quoting yourself, you can also quote people that aren't on BandAMP
George W Bush wrote…
...Now watch this drive.

Oh, and you can also rate this thread! I'm gonna give this thread 5 Amps out of 5.
#11December 13th, 2007 · 11:26 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
re: RE: Double post
WritersBlock wrote…
Oh, and you can also rate this thread! I'm gonna give this thread 5 Amps out of 5.

Done.  That was clearly the easiest 5 stars I've handed out.
#12December 13th, 2007 · 11:38 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
hey.. i never looked in this thread until just now :P  too bad i missed out on some nice easy reading!

blue similies... i htink they went through the trouble of tinting them blue, as i've seen the EXACT smiley set on other websites, except in yellow (dimmer than the evil smiley we have here).  BandAMP's always had a blue theme to it, even on the old layout before we got this one installed late '05

ah, as for the "black hole" you mentioned, there's a good reason why the battles aren't listed.  it's because there were no battles.  somebody had hassled Mud over the shipping he had to pay on his prize for winning (they were giving out ipod mini's at the time), and so the AMP opted to just quit the prizes.  Eventually, they were reinstated, though I'm pretty sure the prize feature was nix'd as soon as we got the battles back.

the flags issue.. that's been around for a while.  Hey, my name in the chat is "TonightsLastSon", and that was after I battled with them to extend the character-max for the names.  I used to be "TonightsL" or soemthing random like that (who makes string length max at 9, anyway??).  And at least it links to "tonightslastsong.bandamp.com" now, whereas it would used my trunkated name for the url...

It's come a long way, but the flags are still a little ill.  It's a game, for me, to see where I'll be from next   It usually copies the first person into the chat room, i find.

g'night y'all.  I'm shot.  I've got to work at 5:30am tomorrow..  blast.
TLS
#13December 16th, 2007 · 12:35 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
TonightsLastSong wrote…
The blue smileys are just coo shet, yo!

All in good fun
#14December 17th, 2007 · 07:08 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
haha, you jacker

hey, avi!  how can we counteract THIS sort of misrepresentation for legal purposes?  I can't delete Oldies' comment :P  (sorry, i don't mean to poke fun too harshly.  it's in good humour, my friend)

a request to an admin would do the trick, i'm sure... IF it bothered me.. i'd complain.  but it's funny  

now i'll give the thread a 5 starts too   where else do i ghetto-fy curse words in mysterious quotes that I never said??! 
#15December 18th, 2007 · 08:09 PM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
Hehe, there's also the ability to edit your posts. (see my first post)
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 10:32 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.