#1February 22nd, 2013 · 09:52 AM
1 threads
6 posts
United Kingdom
Want a successful music career? Help me help you!
Hi Guys,

I am a 3rd year University student and am currently writing my dissertation on the implications of the digital age on music and the music industry.
I use the Internet alot in everyday life; as I'm sure you do too, as such I'm particularly interested in the new phase of independent musicians who use the Internet to help them build and establish music careers.
On face value this seems easy but I know that gaining a reputation can be hard, even online!

So, I decided to write my dissertation, working to the question: How has the digital age brought about a new trend of online entrepreneurial musicians?
As such I need an inside perspective; I need your help!
I've constructed a short, easy, 10 question survey that I would love you to fill in, its straight forward and easy; it will literally take 2 minutes!

The sample I'm looking for is generally any musician who strives for a successful career and uses the Internet to do so, as you can see - I'm pretty sure you are all eligible!
My aim is to ultimately be able to identify what habits and factors lead to success, I will be generating results in a couple of months so will come back and share my findings. Hopefully they will be able to aid some of you in furthering your career's or at least give you some ideas!
So, if you think you can help me, or are interested in the results I will generate just click here; http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/FJ767GX
Thanks so much for your time   
~ Rach
#2February 22nd, 2013 · 03:49 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
I completed your survey, but I don't see how it will help, I'm 53 next week - I produce only for fun.
#3February 23rd, 2013 · 05:05 AM
1 threads
6 posts
United Kingdom
Thankyou!
Well, the plan is to generate results from 2 separate groups of participants; one group such as yourself who will create music for fun/on a smaller scale, and another group who operate on a larger scale and generate revenue streams from using online resources.
Once I have collected a substantial amount of results, I can compare and contrast the 2. Hopefully there will be some definite contrasts between the two! I will then interpret these results which will allow me to generate a list of factors which are vital to creating online success - well, that's the plan!
You may be right, and there will be no difference, either way time will tell
Thanks for completing the questionnaire, I really appreciate it  
#4February 25th, 2013 · 05:02 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Yea, me to ... filled in and filed under done !
Do let us know your conclusions when your there.

How many sites have you registered with ?
If you need some suggestions just ask.
#5February 25th, 2013 · 11:32 AM
1 threads
6 posts
United Kingdom
Thankyou!
I'm registered with this one, Buzzjack and a few others, but any suggestions would be great!
#6February 25th, 2013 · 12:15 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
try http://bandcamp.com/ - a few peeps from around here have music up there, but I dont know where you'd post your question, it's all Sell Sell Sell but I dont know where the forum is 

http://www.icompositions.com/index.php is another good one, join in, try the forums, it's quite a busy place with some cool regulars . Quite a few peeps from here up there too.  
#7February 25th, 2013 · 12:24 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Totally unrelated ... but ...
Just been checking out some stats and it seems BandCamp.com was set up around 2008 by a guy who was part of Yahoo! Mail ... no wonder it grew so fast, it's all connections

Makes me wonder .... Mud set this little gem up around 2003  ... and mien gott that name is SOO similar ...
I tell ya Muds a bloomin    
#8February 25th, 2013 · 03:00 PM
1 threads
6 posts
United Kingdom
Awh thanks for all your help!
I'll be sure to check out the other sites too, from what I've experienced so far I've found there are some really nice little music communities round here
#9February 25th, 2013 · 05:25 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Done!!!
#10February 25th, 2013 · 06:50 PM
1 threads
6 posts
United Kingdom
Thankyou!
#11February 26th, 2013 · 12:31 AM
29 threads / 23 songs
197 posts
United States of America
Hope that helps, just submitted mine
#12February 26th, 2013 · 09:34 AM
1 threads
6 posts
United Kingdom
It sure will, thankyou!
#13February 26th, 2013 · 01:14 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
Yep me done too !!!
#14February 27th, 2013 · 03:33 PM
1 threads
6 posts
United Kingdom
Thank you!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 9:16 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.