#1January 9th, 2007 · 07:49 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Looking for an Argument
Seriously!
I'm looking for an argument, can anyone help me out!
I don't want just any old argument though, preferably one with street sounds and being fought 'inside' so the listener is outside observing or listening in.
It has to be between a man and a woman and it doesn't have to be clear.

I can add my own background sounds and 'muffle' any clear recording but I think it would be a lot of work to set up and record my own argument and get it as authentic as I have in mind!

I've searched 'sample' sites, my own sample CDs and spent a night surfing youTube. I've got fragments from youTube but not a continuous scene and the longest one I managed to find was only the woman going off her rocker. I could use this one but I thought I'd make a call here first before I get to work.

There must be a 'film' scene or some 'reality' clip that has a good argument in it, it's just that I cant think of one.
If someone knows of a film with a good argument in it then I can rent the video, and if you know of an on-line clip please post the link.

I have a written lyric and a song in mind for it, and it starts with the man coming home to an argument, storming off in his car and in his frustration grabs road-rage by the throat! And then the song starts.

It would be a little bit like the beginning of 'The One' but then a better, continuous sound scene.

If I were to ask nicely maybe I could do a collaboration! I'm sure JimK and Nakedtoes4me would love to help me out, you could hang a microphone out side the house and go for each other hell for leather, just let it rip, in the name of art!      Only kidding! It was the foot-steps at the end of your last post Jim that reminded me of my own project!

Any ideas?
#2January 9th, 2007 · 03:41 PM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
Well...there's War of the Roses (Michael Douglas, Kathlene Turner) Waiting to Exhale (I believe it ends with clothes being burnt LMAO) Thats all I can think of right  ow...but if I was to have a mic on for 24/7 I bet I could eventually "screw" up and get you some juicy stuff....no thats not going to happen!

Good Luck, the search continues!
#3January 9th, 2007 · 04:26 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
That's the spirit! just leave the mic on and wind her up!    

I'll check those films out BC thank you, Waiting to Exhale is another film I take it, never heard of it but I'll have a gander, see if they have it in the rental shop.
#4January 9th, 2007 · 05:23 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Looking for an Argument
u nutter haha             
skype 2 late at night and i'll go bersek for %age of royalties

splas
#5January 10th, 2007 · 02:27 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Yea Ok but I want you and your misses to go berserk and then well talk about the half!
#6January 10th, 2007 · 05:48 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
kings wrote…
Yea Ok but I want you and your misses to go berserk and then well talk about the half! :razz:
#7March 1st, 2007 · 07:32 PM
44 threads / 6 songs
305 posts
United States of America
Define ""going beserk"" please. For my sanity. Please?
#8March 2nd, 2007 · 07:21 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Zach wrote…
Define ""going beserk"" please. For my sanity. Please?

Whats wrong with your sanity? Your only 14 and you can still formulate questions and posts so it cant be that bad.

So you don't know what "going beserk" means? It's like ranting and raving, loosing it, going off your rocker or off ye nelly, letting it rip, going ballistic with s/o. It's a bit like road rage or the frustration married couples have when they start getting realizations that they are "stuck with the fucking idiot"!

OK I spelled it wrong, it's 'berserk',

So hows your sanity now then? any better! 
#9March 2nd, 2007 · 09:35 AM
44 threads / 6 songs
305 posts
United States of America
Rawr. I think you just went all beserk on my ass.

It was kinda a joke but I guess you missed that 
#10March 2nd, 2007 · 11:34 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Yea I must have!
#11March 3rd, 2007 · 01:05 AM
13 threads / 12 songs
75 posts
United States of America
re: Looking for an Argument
kings wrote…
Seriously!
I'm looking for an argument, can anyone help me out!
I don't want just any old argument though, preferably one with street sounds and being fought 'inside' so the listener is outside observing or listening in.
It has to be between a man and a woman and it doesn't have to be clear.

I can add my own background sounds and 'muffle' any clear recording but I think it would be a lot of work to set up and record my own argument and get it as authentic as I have in mind!

I've searched 'sample' sites, my own sample CDs and spent a night surfing youTube. I've got fragments from youTube but not a continuous scene and the longest one I managed to find was only the woman going off her rocker. I could use this one but I thought I'd make a call here first before I get to work.

There must be a 'film' scene or some 'reality' clip that has a good argument in it, it's just that I cant think of one.
If someone knows of a film with a good argument in it then I can rent the video, and if you know of an on-line clip please post the link.

I have a written lyric and a song in mind for it, and it starts with the man coming home to an argument, storming off in his car and in his frustration grabs road-rage by the throat! And then the song starts.

It would be a little bit like the beginning of 'The One' but then a better, continuous sound scene.

If I were to ask nicely maybe I could do a collaboration! I'm sure JimK and Nakedtoes4me would love to help me out, you could hang a microphone out side the house and go for each other hell for leather, just let it rip, in the name of art!      Only kidding! It was the foot-steps at the end of your last post Jim that reminded me of my own project!

Any ideas?
Drop by my house some morning early with a tape recorder and I'll wake up my son at, say about 6:00 AM. I'm sure I can get you an argument.
lol
How about if I send you a mp3 of me shouting insults like a NY cabby during a rush-hour traffic jam?
Then, if you can get others to do the same you can mix them together into just the arguement you need.
Let me know. It could be an interesting collaborative project.
#12March 4th, 2007 · 04:42 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
baverbach : I really appreciate the input, and the comment, thank you.
A NY cabby is not the exact sound/feel/scene I'm looking for, but I know that if it was, You would make it an excellent sample.
You have a good voice and you know how to get it there. I'd even write something for you!

The scene I have in mind is more suburban in nature then NY city.
Thinking of suburban, have you seen this :  youTube - Blond and Dumb
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: May 1st, 2024 · 6:01 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.