#1April 6th, 2012 · 05:23 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Krautrock revival
Yesterday I fell into a kind of "nostalgic" mood and watched a bunch of vids from the german band "Kraan", which was founded in 1970. Iīve seen 'em live in concert a few times when I was younger--first time  when I was 16.
Kraan -with the exceptional bassplayer Hellmut Hattler- is a typical example of a "natural born live band".
They -and especially H.Hattler- have always been ahead of the times with their music. Itīs a melange of rock, jazz, arabic, asian influences.
While watching I noticed that the gitplayer Peter Wolbrandt has had a big influence on my own gitplaying. Also Hellmut Hattler and the keyboarder Ingo Bischof : When I started to learn bassplaying the first thing I practiced the legendary bass solo from "nam nam". (Listen to the original version)
Iīd like to introduce you the track "nam nam" here from a concert in 2005. Itīs more than 40 yrs old, but  hasnīt lost its fascination .
"Nam nam" is splitted up to two vids because of its length. (Over 15 min). Absolutely fascinating how they act together, how they communucate and interact with the crowd.
If you ever have the chance to watch "Kraan" or "Hellmut Hattler" (SIYOUīnīHELL) in concert, just visit.  You wonīt regret.Thatīs how rock was played in the 70s.

German television proudly presents in "Rockpalast" : KRAAN

Part 1

Part 2

#2April 6th, 2012 · 10:36 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
hey.... what a nice find.
I think this is a bit more than German Krautrock
Now I understand your musical ideas, mainly influenced by this kind of music.
Just had a look at Thomann's shop for the Moog Voyager (> 4000 Euro). I need a few more gigs to have the money for this lovely machine (has always been a dream of mine)

Don't stop following your ideas. What about making a new track?
#3April 7th, 2012 · 03:00 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
TritonKeyboarder wrote…
Yip, they were just one in a thousand bands who had influences on me.But they were quite important to me.

TK wrote…
Just had a look at Thomann's shop for the Moog Voyager (> 4000 Euro). I need a few more gigs to have the money for this lovely machine (has always been a dream of mine)
On "musicstore" it costs"only" 3190 €.    And there arenīt very much on ebay.

TK wrote…
What about making a new track?
Somehow unmotivated, lazy.
I uploaded a new track weeks ago and didnīt get much feedback.. And I assert thatīs not much activity in the forum and reviews are written much less. But this is also the case on other platforms. Seems the hype is over. The enthusiasm of the "early years" is "evapurated". People are saturated somehow.
Currently Iīm not so much online.
#4April 7th, 2012 · 03:38 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Favorit part is second vid starting at 2.53
It just goes to show that a simple yet extremely rhythmic bass line can get a crowd going. Keyboard player is great. You did not mention the drummer, he had the hardest job of keeping the complex arrangements intact.
Thanks for sharing, never seen or heard of this before.
#5April 7th, 2012 · 03:49 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
ULI wrote…
TritonKeyboarder wrote…
Yip, they were just one in a thousand bands who had influences on me.But they were quite important to me.

TK wrote…
On "musicstore" it costs"only" 3190 €.    And there arenīt very much on ebay.

TK wrote…
What about making a new track?
Somehow unmotivated, lazy.
I uploaded a new track weeks ago and didnīt get much feedback.. And I assert thatīs not much activity in the forum and reviews are written much less. But this is also the case on other platforms. Seems the hype is over. The enthusiasm of the "early years" is "evapurated". People are saturated somehow.
Currently Iīm not so much online. :sleep:
Sometimes you have to take the lead, for those of us that still have the passion, it's up to us to channel it through - you will not be able to influence everybody, but on accassions we all have our special moments and able to spark-off something into the universe. For you my dear friend it is a passing phase, don't be discouraged by negativity, take the bull by the horns and fill us up with your enthusiasm, humour, knowledge, music experience and what ever else you feel would serve the bandAMP community. You are doing just fine.
#6April 7th, 2012 · 04:12 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
TritonKeyboarder wrote…
hey.... what a nice find.
I think this is a bit more than German Krautrock

Don't stop following your ideas. What about making a new track?
http://bit.ly/HkLyqz
I wonder if you can buy Moog Voyage software/patches
I was impressed with lexicon reverb hardware, got it on software. Been using it on my last few tracks, first time when I got my Tanglewood guitar, best reverb I've used, it basically keeps the raw sound solid yet able to create a nice ambiance.
#7April 7th, 2012 · 02:15 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
When I hear the term Krautrock I think of a much heavier sound .... like Rammstein ... how wrong I was.
This is well cool ... a good conversation   
#8April 7th, 2012 · 04:14 PM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
kings wrote…
When I hear the term Krautrock I think of a much heavier sound .... like Rammstein ... how wrong I was.
This is well cool ... a good conversation    ;)
Rammstein? Krautrock? Nope.
They have nothing to do with "Krautrock". Theyīre just the opposite.
Krautrock stands for an era (late 60s - early 70s), for a kind of philosophy, for a political / social / musical statement.
Many musicians experimented with new forms to express themselves by using synths, ethnical instruments at that time. They tried out alternative ways to live together
For instance : Without musicians as Klaus Schulze, Kraftwerk, Neu, Tangerine Dream etc  modern electonic music ( techno, hiphop, D&B etc) wouldnīt exist, would be unthinkable.  They were pioneers in electronical music.
Moreover many musicians experimented with consciousness-expanding drugs. Some played gigs on LSD, mescalin or were simply stoned on stage. Accordingly those gigs could be terrible (for the audience) sometimes.

Hereīs something interesting about the history of Krautrock.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krautrock

Denis wrote…
Sometimes you have to take the lead, for those of us that still have the passion, it's up to us to channel it through - you will not be able to influence everybody, but on accassions we all have our special moments and able to spark-off something into the universe. For you my dear friend it is a passing phase, don't be discouraged by negativity, take the bull by the horns and fill us up with your enthusiasm, humour, knowledge, music experience and what ever else you feel would serve the bandAMP community. You are doing just fine.

Thnx a lot for your kind words, Denis. Appreciate it much.
I know itīs a phase of my life. At the moment I try to learn more about how my puter works.
Every day a new enigma.
Also I try to learn something about videocams, making movies, codecs, editing-software (first steps with "Live MovieMaker"). Next Iīll try out is the editor-software of my cam.
And now the new vid from Marino blew my mind, edited with "PowerDirector". Immediatly I read some infos about this prog and I think Iīm gonna purchase it sooner or later. Fascinating!!!

Habby Easter to everyone everywhere !!

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 5:52 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.