#1March 20th, 2012 · 04:54 PM
3 threads / 2 songs
15 posts
Denmark
DIY RockstaR
How many bands here are running their own promotion towards radio stations?

We – britishPopSongs – have written a book to teach bands how to do their own radio plugging. Would be great to hear what other indie bands and labels are thinking about doing more serious plugging on their own.

Should you be interested in finding out more about DIY plugging we have a free introduction to the whole thing you can download here BeatHouse.co.uk
#2March 21st, 2012 · 05:16 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
A Dane promoting British pop songs from Germany ....   yea yea yea !

Wouldn't posting some of your indie songs on bandAMP be one of many good ways to 'plug yer stuff' ?
And a welcome to bandAmp too !    
#3March 21st, 2012 · 05:48 PM
3 threads / 2 songs
15 posts
Denmark
I'm Danish, the label British and yes! I live in Berlin at the moment plugging to German radio stations. Denmark is to small to be really interesting and there are only one major player in the radio market. In Germany most of the public regional stations are big enough to break a new act nationally And these stations are fairly open to new acts.

Thanks for the welcoming. Tracks can be found here: britishpopsongs.co.uk
#4March 21st, 2012 · 06:53 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
It actually sound pretty good ... I can understand what you mean with the German market being a bit more interesting than the Danish market.
So do you actively promote indie bands on German radio stations ?
Or are you promoting your book on how to promote yourself on German radio stations ?
#5March 22nd, 2012 · 07:51 AM
3 threads / 2 songs
15 posts
Denmark
Im plugging my own music here.

And YES size does matters and the German music market is highly attractive. Just recently it grew bigger than the UK music market!

BUT, I also have, what we call a natural advantage here in Germany. Danish artist have a fairly good reputation here, but being with a British label actually open doors. My guess is that around 25 % of the work is being done for me simply by being with a British label. Its something I simply don’t understand why not more UK and US bands take advantages of when looking for radio airplay.

Your tracks of course have to be fully up to scratch when approaching a mid size German station but that is very often not the reason indie bands don’t get their songs aired.
#6March 22nd, 2012 · 05:00 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
In my honest opinion Ill say you're just a spammer...Sorry buddy but If you want to plug your music here then do like the rest of us...Review songs and upload yours to get reviewed (as stated in the site rules)...O hell you might be to good for us anyway...right? Sorry MOD's but for self centered asses, ME!!!!!!!
#7March 22nd, 2012 · 05:26 PM
3 threads / 2 songs
15 posts
Denmark
Thanks for your honesty, I guess that would be the right thing to start with.

If you feel spammed that's of course sad and yes I´m proud of the book I´ve been part of writing. I really do believe to many indie artist are not using radio airplay as much as they can and should.

I don't mean to pretend to be to good for you but yes I do am fairly focused on getting mainstream radio stations to play my tracks and that is my main focus. I kind of assumed the tread tittle DIY RockstaR would make it clear that the ways to reach stardom was what I wanted to get input on.
#8March 23rd, 2012 · 06:06 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Welcome to Bandamp. Let's hear some of your stuff soon!
#9March 23rd, 2012 · 06:19 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Welcome to the amp.
The german music market is the second-largest worldwide (after the US market), so it makes sence to open up a radio station in germany.
Do you have already a concept, a philosophy, any preferences about what kind of music you want to play ? 
Do you want to support unknown, indipendant, free licenced music(ians) or do want to play also commercial,
GEMA-protected music? Where -exept BandAmp- do you find music for your shows?
When will your station  go "on air"?
Is your link above leading to your radiostation or is this just another "music site"? Didn´look like a radio-site.

questions about questions......................................

U.L.I.
#10March 23rd, 2012 · 12:53 PM
3 threads / 2 songs
15 posts
Denmark
@TritonKeyboarder thanks for the welcome. Uploaded a single from last year. More to come soon just need to review some more songs but need proper time for that as I know how much ones music means.

@ULI yes its fantastic with the German market; so big and you can actually enter it as a indie band!
Sorry of I was not more precise. I'm plugging some of my own songs at the moment (will upload them soon if you are interested). I don't have a station but I was doing a little advertisement for a book I wrote - Get Played On Radio - for how indie bands get their tracks on the playlists. I was doing a bit of plugging last summer but realized that I didn't knew enough about the whole game of getting on the playlist. So I read everything I could find and called 12 radio stations and made interviews with the people selecting the music.

BUT, I would still like to learn from other indie bands experiences with plugging their tracks to radio stations. Pls.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 8:44 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.