#1March 16th, 2012 · 06:08 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
The Batty Adventures
Hello all! This really has nothing to do with music, BUT my friends and I have been doing sort of a youtube series called "The Batty Adventures"....its really camp and childish and sometimes REALLY painful to watch but the episodes ARE getting better (we hope) and I thought for more exposure I'd give a link for you guys here. make sure if you do watch them, watch the episodes in order....there's a story in there somewhere. enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/user/craigmcbrine/videos
#2March 17th, 2012 · 01:14 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
This is really amazing and funny (sometimes)
Good work... keep it up!
#3March 17th, 2012 · 02:39 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
You are VERY Batty ! 
#4March 18th, 2012 · 03:25 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Oh sweet no way you guys watched some of them!! Thanks guys!

And really, we promise they are getting much better. The first few episodes had absolutely no direction and we just ad-libbed everything (which can work out remarkably well sometimes). We are also going to be uploading a 'spin-off' series called "Timothy Rohl" which gives more background for my character and why I con people etc. But yeah. If you can make it through the painful moments stick with it! 
#5March 19th, 2012 · 09:32 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
The spin off series is now online. awww yeah. 
#6April 5th, 2012 · 01:53 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
We just did a short skit thing that is completely unrelated to the batty adventures but hopefully mildly entertaining. We are hoping to find the perfect blend of hilarity soon.

#7April 5th, 2012 · 05:00 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Little people at home .... superb ... your completely mad !

It is definitely nonsense the way of the warrior

You understand audio well enough to get a better quality audio track ... make a mic boom
So do you have any idea of a script or is it create gibberish on the spot ?
#8April 6th, 2012 · 02:39 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
lol yeah I was wondering if anyone would comment on the absolute crap audio :P
You see its a tiny Canon camera meant for taking pictures but one of its features is it also does video. so the mic on it sucks and there's no way to plug in anything else. I just need a better camera, a better setup, and a better video editing program. I'm using the classic version of windows movie maker on windows 7. I HATED the new one, and yes the old one sucks too, but it sucks slightly less.

Scripts. Now thats a good question. In this video we had an idea of what we were going to do with each skit, but most of the conversations were just ad-libbed gibberish on the spot. The first few batty adventures were just COMPLETELY random and we did everything on the spot. The last couple we've tried to have more of a structure and an idea of whats happening, but still no actual script or anything specific that anyone is supposed to say. The Timothy Rohl adventure (first episode of it) that we did was probably the most structured and idea based video we've done so far lol. But we do want to think about it more ahead of time and make it as funny as possible and less laggy and annoying.

And if we had better audio I'm sure that'd help too. lol
#9April 6th, 2012 · 03:36 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
My son of 17 has followed different acting classes and groups for the past few years, something clicked in him when he was 13 and realised his great great Uncle was an Oscar winner.
The one part of his lessons he talks about with the most passion is when they team up and have to improvise and adlib for as long as possible .... keeping the story and the flow.
Having a script ready before hand will be like a satnav, it will take away the awkward moments.
Notice how a lot of good actors are remembered as being able to improvise when necessary, they improvise from a script.
As above so below matey ... the more you do the better you'll get ...

"And now for something very similar to what we just did ... again ... "    lol
#10April 6th, 2012 · 03:42 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
A word of warning ... you do live in the Americas ... dont get sued by little people !

Idea for next episode ? .... ' Film production company get sued by little people .... read all about it...'
Very Boratesk !!   
#11April 21st, 2012 · 09:33 PM
38 threads / 11 songs
278 posts
Canada
Craig, it's getting better! keep it up
#12April 22nd, 2012 · 05:21 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Youtube says that your videos are private.
#13April 22nd, 2012 · 05:36 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
TritonKeyboarder wrote…
Youtube says that your videos are private. :(
Yes, here in the Netherlands too ... fucking GEMA

This reminds me of, indeed a German financed film, Never Ending Story ..... this is the Nothingness that is destroying our light
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 5:45 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.