#1February 8th, 2012 · 06:22 PM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
music bank for media
I was wondering if any of you guys have experience with library music
I've been contacted by a company who deals with media(TV programs,advert,etc...)music and would like to know your views on the matter
#2February 9th, 2012 · 02:05 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Check the small print. I've been approached by labels before, when I ask for their terms and conditions you never hear from them again.
Keep an open mind, but tread with caution, don't agree to anything without a contract.

Can you put a link of this organisation, we can check them out.
#3February 9th, 2012 · 03:58 AM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
I don't think there's anything dodgy with them
www.audionetwork.com
#4February 9th, 2012 · 06:13 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Those are sites with commercial character. Like always one of both business partners wins.
I am glad that BandAMP doesn't have this problem
#5February 9th, 2012 · 11:35 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
vincentL wrote…
I don't think there's anything dodgy with them
www.audionetwork.com
There are no terms on this website for artists or composers, as I said ask for their terms and conditions before registering.  Good luck
#6February 9th, 2012 · 03:09 PM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
This is not a site where anybody can register they decide who they want to employ as composer
I was contacted in person by one of their A&R person and have met the managing director since
Their track record is very good and if you look at the composer working for them you will find some very famous names
The deal is a straight publishing deal where you are paid in royalty through PRS in my case
They deal with TV company across the world
I've just recieved the contract and it seems pretty straight forward to me
I will have it check by a lawyer friend of mind just to be on the safe side
Of course it's a commercial operation and the goal is to make money out of it them as well as me
I'm not gonna quit the day job but if they are pleased with my first lot of songs and if they sell well hopefully they will commission more
From what I gathered after talking to one of their composer if you manage to get around 40 tracks used regularly by media you start earning a decent leaving
fingers crossed
#7February 10th, 2012 · 06:24 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
vincentL wrote…
This is not a site where anybody can register they decide who they want to employ as composer
I was contacted in person by one of their A&R person and have met the managing director since
Their track record is very good and if you look at the composer working for them you will find some very famous names
The deal is a straight publishing deal where you are paid in royalty through PRS in my case
They deal with TV company across the world
I've just recieved the contract and it seems pretty straight forward to me
I will have it check by a lawyer friend of mind just to be on the safe side
Of course it's a commercial operation and the goal is to make money out of it them as well as me
I'm not gonna quit the day job but if they are pleased with my first lot of songs and if they sell well hopefully they will commission more
From what I gathered after talking to one of their composer if you manage to get around 40 tracks used regularly by media you start earning a decent leaving
fingers crossed

Looks  good - make sure they can't take your rights away and what cut the want.
If it turns out well, perhaps you could put a good word in for the members of bandAMP..

Wish you success and recognition...

BTW, there is a section on their website where you can submit your music for consideration, but it does state they get hundereds of applicants, what they are looking for is new unique stuff, or very well produced work, in other words QUALITY original music.  So you have passed their grade!!!, VERY WELL DONE VINCENT
#8February 22nd, 2012 · 02:01 PM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Looks very promising. I think this is a chance for you and you have a foot in the door now. Itīs just a first (but perhaps an important) step into the sharkpool called musicbiz.
All the best.
Good luck.
Bonne chance.
Let us know where the things are going.

U.L.I.

#9February 22nd, 2012 · 05:28 PM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
Hi Vincent well done
Excellent too they list composer ,the breakdowns of descriptions of songs is detailed for the commercial market.
And you're dead right about getting as many pieces out there ..many hands make light work.Your songs have a genuine quality which is the appeal and I am so happy that this may benefit you.

Lately I've been listening more to what is being played in retail & a lot of what I here is licensed out through companies like this. Good thing is the meter keeps ticking over & it adds up.

BTW typing this with ULI's mov just above is a trip man 

The Crocs are bad enough
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 11:16 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.