1 2

#1December 31st, 2011 · 08:49 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Hey Happy New Year bandAMP people
Hope it is good and memorable where ever you may be on this planet of ours......

So got any resolutions .... Any wishes for the year to come ...

It is after all the historic yet 'end of world put on hold' 2012 .... a time of connections if anything
#2December 31st, 2011 · 10:20 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
No wishes no resolutions...Im just being till is time to go..but always good to know Ive met wonderful peeps here!! So happy newies to all!!!!
#3December 31st, 2011 · 10:58 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
Hey Happy New Year bandAMP people
just crawled in after new years gig here:

http://www.beamish-hall.co.uk/Stables

well knackered............

happy new year all...........

keep healthy.....

the fish
#4January 1st, 2012 · 04:45 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
First off I hope everyone had a great time over Christmas and new year.
I have made one resolution to give up smoking.
I'm also going to start a part time eBay business keeping my current full time job.
I want to raise enough money to build a studio in my garden.
Also, I will be playing Golf once a month, I used to play every week a few years ago, so yeah I'm focusing on my health more than anything.
Hope you all have a healthy prosporous new year
#5January 1st, 2012 · 05:12 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Also best wishes for a new year to yaīll.

denis wrote…
This is the best decision you can make. In september 2009 I stopped smoking after 35 yrs. from one day to another. Otherwise it would have killed me, I was coughing 24 hrs a day, couldnīt walk 100m without gasping like an old steamboat, couldnīt sleep at night in due to the cough. Doc diagnosed COPD.   
There was no prob to stop smoking immediatly, but I had a price to pay : I gained ~10-12 kg weight.      grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, gnnnnnnnnnngggggnnnnnnnnn, gggrrrrmmmmbbbllll, gna gna gna
#6January 1st, 2012 · 07:23 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Happy New Year to all musicians on Bandamp and all over the world.

Keep up the spirit!
#7January 1st, 2012 · 08:39 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
ULI wrote…

denis wrote…
This is the best decision you can make. In september 2009 I stopped smoking after 35 yrs. from one day to another. Otherwise it would have killed me, I was coughing 24 hrs a day, couldnīt walk 100m without gasping like an old steamboat, couldnīt sleep at night in due to the cough. Doc diagnosed COPD.   
There was no prob to stop smoking immediatly, but I had a price to pay : I gained ~10-12 kg weight.      grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, gnnnnnnnnnngggggnnnnnnnnn, gggrrrrmmmmbbbllll, gna gna gna :evil:

We are all different.  With me I suffer from IBS and Acid, it runs in the family. Over the past two months this has been playing me up, so much so it's difficult or on some days impossible to sleep.  By stopping smoking this will help produce less acid, I was told it's the nicotine that assist the acid to produce more.  I realise now aged 51 I must focus more on my health, hence we all stop developing at one stage in your life, from that point it slowly deteriorates, there is so much more I want to do in my life - looking after my health is going to help me achieve my dreams/goals.
I've thought about putting on weight from giving up smoking. One of my work colleagues lost 28 pounds over a few months simply by changing his eating pattern - he changed it so that he had a decent or large breakfast and lunch  followed by a small evening meal. Well I'll give it a go, hence I LOVE my food, However, I don't eat excessively anyway
#8January 1st, 2012 · 10:31 AM
50 threads / 32 songs
292 posts
Canada
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE AT BANDAMP!

Hey Denis, good for you - keep us updated on how it's going, it's going to be a battle but it doesn't have to be alone!

-XF
#9January 1st, 2012 · 11:00 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
re: Hey Happy New Year bandAMP people
swordfish wrote…

keep healthy.....

the fish

So did you have a whale of a time then did you ? 

Denis wrote…
ULI wrote…

denis wrote…
There was no prob to stop smoking immediatly, but I had a price to pay : I gained ~10-12 kg weight.      grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, gnnnnnnnnnngggggnnnnnnnnn, gggrrrrmmmmbbbllll, gna gna gna :evil:

We are all different.  With me I suffer from IBS and Acid, it runs in the family. Over the past two months this has been playing me up, so much so it's difficult or on some days impossible to sleep.  By stopping smoking this will help produce less acid, I was told it's the nicotine that assist the acid to produce more.  I realise now aged 51 I must focus more on my health, hence we all stop developing at one stage in your life, from that point it slowly deteriorates, there is so much more I want to do in my life - looking after my health is going to help me achieve my dreams/goals.
I've thought about putting on weight from giving up smoking. One of my work colleagues lost 28 pounds over a few months simply by changing his eating pattern - he changed it so that he had a decent or large breakfast and lunch  followed by a small evening meal. Well I'll give it a go, hence I LOVE my food, However, I don't eat excessively anyway
Aha! The age old mid-winter resolution .... god I feel so bad I must change !
Best of luck with it Denis, just dont swap one habit for another.
My Dentist comes to mind ... I only see him twice a year ... he went from thin to round to thin again ... what happened I asked him concerned ... O! I just started smoking again was his reply ! lol
It's one I tell my self all year round, and never wanting to be stereo-typical I've never made it a new years resolution.

I've got things I want to do this year, like make and fit my front window frames and fit a new engine in my LR and finally produce a complete song from one of the many ideas and loops I have waiting in Cubase.
I have the material for the windows, just need to make them frames ..... LR is sitting there with no engine , new engine is sitting next to it waiting to be hoisted in ... and all my projects are kicking and raring to go ... I just need to sit down and do it ......

O! And I want to make money ... the work is out there ... waiting to be done .... if the English government and the BBC would only just piss off and stop mungering fears that Europe is in some crises only because they are such losers, my clients over hear would start getting all the work they need doing done and we could all be happy again .... bastard fear mongers, just like terrorism, twisted to benefit them selves.
.....just a new years rant !
#10January 2nd, 2012 · 02:24 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
re: re: Hey Happy New Year bandAMP people
kings wrote…
swordfish wrote…

keep healthy.....

the fish

Denis wrote…
ULI wrote…

denis wrote…
This is the best decision you can make. In September 2009 I stopped smoking after 35 yrs. from one day to another. Otherwise it would have killed me, I was coughing 24 hrs a day, couldnīt walk 100m without gasping like an old steamboat, couldnīt sleep at night in due to the cough. Doc diagnosed COPD.   
There was no prob to stop smoking immediatly, but I had a price to pay : I gained ~10-12 kg weight.      grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, gnnnnnnnnnngggggnnnnnnnnn, gggrrrrmmmmbbbllll, gna gna gnaw :evil:

My Dentist comes to mind ... I only see him twice a year ... he went from thin to round to thin again ... what happened I asked him concerned ... O! I just started smoking again was his reply ! Lil
It's one I tell my self all year round, and never wanting to be stereo-typical I've never made it a new years resolution.

I've got things I want to do this year, like make and fit my front window frames and fit a new engine in my LR and finally produce a complete song from one of the many ideas and loops I have waiting in Cu base.
I have the material for the windows, just need to make them frames ..... LR is sitting there with no engine , new engine is sitting next to it waiting to be hoisted in ... and all my projects are kicking and raring to go ... I just need to sit down and do it ......

O! And I want to make money ... the work is out there ... waiting to be done .... if the English government and the BBC would only just piss off and stop mungering fears that Europe is in some crises only because they are such losers, my clients over hear would start getting all the work they need doing done and we could all be happy again .... bastard fear mongers, just like terrorism, twisted to benefit them selves.
What is a "LR"?
Take no notice of the British government, get yourself fired-up and proove the buggers wrong. If only a few of us did this it would set an example of what we can achieve on our own merits putting the government to shame.
#11January 2nd, 2012 · 04:01 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
denis wrote…
What is an LR?
LandRover???
#12January 2nd, 2012 · 04:36 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
ULI wrote…
denis wrote…
What is an LR?
LandRover???
More than likely a Landrover, how about a LotusRacer:)
#13January 2nd, 2012 · 05:47 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
re: re: re: Hey Happy New Year bandAMP people
Denis wrote…
kings wrote…
swordfish wrote…

keep healthy.....

the fish

Denis wrote…
ULI wrote…

denis wrote…
This is the best decision you can make. In September 2009 I stopped smoking after 35 yrs. from one day to another. Otherwise it would have killed me, I was coughing 24 hrs a day, couldnīt walk 100m without gasping like an old steamboat, couldnīt sleep at night in due to the cough. Doc diagnosed COPD.   
There was no prob to stop smoking immediatly, but I had a price to pay : I gained ~10-12 kg weight.      grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, gnnnnnnnnnngggggnnnnnnnnn, gggrrrrmmmmbbbllll, gna gna gnaw :evil:

My Dentist comes to mind ... I only see him twice a year ... he went from thin to round to thin again ... what happened I asked him concerned ... O! I just started smoking again was his reply ! Lil

I've got things I want to do this year, like make and fit my front window frames and fit a new engine in my LR and finally produce a complete song from one of the many ideas and loops I have waiting in Cu base.

What is a "LR"?
Take no notice of the British government, get yourself fired-up and proove the buggers wrong. If only a few of us did this it would set an example of what we can achieve on our own merits putting the government to shame.
Low Rider ... Long Rowingboat ..... Lawn Raker ......

Just read that Merkel and her gang have jumped on the band wagon and are also throwing up stories of crisis and difficulties ... and everyone freezes and nothing gets done ... politicians can be so stupid.
#14January 2nd, 2012 · 06:52 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Denis wrote…
With me I suffer from IBS and Acid
What's IBS then ? ...... Internal Burping System ?
#15January 2nd, 2012 · 08:46 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
PUT THEM TOGETHER
LRIBS - Large Ripping Intergelactic Bottom Siren -    

EDIT*  Could come in handy in the event of universal depression
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 9:07 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.