#1December 26th, 2011 · 04:46 PM
5 threads / 1 songs
21 posts
Canada
How to Post Cover?
Being a good boy I decided to read the posting rules, and they specifically said ‘NO COVERS’. But when looking through the browse menu there is an entire category reserved for ‘Cover Songs’. I was wondering how to post specifically to that category without angering the RIAA Overlords. Or if the rules are just there as liability protection when the RIAA comes-a-knockin’. Anyway, I hope I get a response because I’d like to start actively participating here, starting with some covers and then posting original stuff

I apologize if this is in the wrong category or something
#2December 26th, 2011 · 07:01 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Welcome to bandAmp for starters ...
Good call on the covers ... the thread just makes it easier for whoever wants to make a problem of it!  
The rules are ..... more like guide lines maybe ... ! 
 ... the reality is that you are free to upload what ever you want ....

As for an excuse ... this is a site for independent artists... no-one makes any money, as such, on the material uploaded ..... you could even go as far as to say it's for 'educational purposes' .... it's a place for musicians by musicians.

Looking forwards to hearing your work .... whether you originally wrote it or not.
#3December 26th, 2011 · 09:25 PM
5 threads / 1 songs
21 posts
Canada
perfect, thank you! that’s what I needed to hear
#4December 27th, 2011 · 04:19 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
It helps if you mention 'cover' or 'rendition' in the title. Also there is tick box if it's a cover, doing so will enter your song in that catagory found on the home page.
Look forward to hearing your music 
#5December 27th, 2011 · 04:27 AM
5 threads / 1 songs
21 posts
Canada
thank you! I sort of started the process to  uploading it but didn’t see a checkbox. Is it on a screen after the upload/description page? Guess I’ll find out tomorrow when I upload our first cover
#6December 27th, 2011 · 06:21 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
alexpopov wrote…
thank you! I sort of started the process to  uploading it but didn’t see a checkbox. Is it on a screen after the upload/description page? Guess I’ll find out tomorrow when I upload our first cover ;)
The tick box is on your music tab, I think it's after you have uploaded the song you would be able to select the cover option.
#7December 27th, 2011 · 07:32 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Welcome to the amp...Im curious please upload cover..its all good!!!!!
#8December 28th, 2011 · 12:55 AM
5 threads / 1 songs
21 posts
Canada
Thank you to everyone for the warm welcome. We recorded some more covers today. I'll be mixing tonight (burning the midnight oil) and then I'll post the best ones.
#9December 30th, 2011 · 01:15 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Hey welcome to the amp! I'm sure you'll love this community and I can't wait to hear what you have to upload!
#10December 30th, 2011 · 01:19 AM
5 threads / 1 songs
21 posts
Canada
TheKunadiun wrote…
Hey welcome to the amp! I'm sure you'll love this community and I can't wait to hear what you have to upload!

Thanks! We’ve already uploaded our first cover and thanks to all the comments we’ve gotten on it we’ve already remixed it, re-recorded it, and currently mixing it again! You can listen to the old version here:
http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/8698.html
#11December 30th, 2011 · 11:08 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Wow man you guys are quick. Thats so awesome. I wish we had the time to do that. I can't wait to listen to your cover!
#12December 30th, 2011 · 01:40 PM
5 threads / 1 songs
21 posts
Canada
This is really more of an exception… we’re on winter holidays so we’ve been playing nearly every single day for 2 weeks. When school starts it’ll have to slow down… the positive side being, of course, that it allows more time for the writing of original content. We’ll keep everyone posted
#13December 31st, 2011 · 03:02 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Yeah please keep us posted! Can't wait to hear more stuff!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 3:34 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.