923 posts
Netherlands
Atom Heart Cover
because of the maximum upload size,  ill include a link
http://soundcloud.com/maxdb/atom-heart-mother-5

Fun-collab with a friend who did the keys, his first time job, be mild pls
keys were send to me in lo bitrate too so that explains some crackle/noise
way to ambitious of course, but so much fun :p
any help/ comment welcome, how is the mix?
rhythm gtr with Charvel, leads with Fender Strat
#2December 15th, 2011 · 01:24 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Well the sound took we to the seventies, so lo bitrate has some advantages.
Some of the progressions are interesting.
It certainly creates a certain mood, that's half the battle.
Work on the changes a bit more and make them more obvious.
I'm sure everyone is going to suggest vocals, that would really make the song. I'm not familiar with this cover, who wrote it?
Dynamics are powerful in an epic, try playing around with them, don't be shy to play very quite or ridiculously loud.

Keep it up chaps, your friend did well for his 'first time job'
#3December 15th, 2011 · 02:39 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
tnx for the optimistic words Denis 
ill keep the remark on the changes in mind.
there aint no vox except for by the organ part, kind of choir, so that will be hard ;p
ill just try and rework it in  time
#4December 17th, 2011 · 12:50 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Denis wrote…
I'm sure everyone is going to suggest vocals, that would really make the song. I'm not familiar with this cover, who wrote it?
Dynamics are powerful in an epic, try playing around with them, don't be shy to play very quite or ridiculously loud.

WHO WROTE IT??!?!?! WHO WROTE IT DENIS!?!??!!? Pink Floyd. that's who.   
There are NO lyrics in this song by Pink Floyd. I love that you chose to do this as a cover man. This is definitely a massively underated floyd song but has so many epic parts. Definitely mood music. Almost super hero music. Sure the keys could use some work, but for a first time take...its actually really awesome. The whole quality reminds me of that same pink floyd quality back then so thats awesome too. I love the guitar. Did you just use a machine for the drums?
Really a cool song, and also its really a very good idea for a song to cover, because you can take it in so many ways. Awesome job. Love it! 
#5December 17th, 2011 · 03:46 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
TheKunadiun wrote…
Denis wrote…

There are NO lyrics in this song by Pink Floyd. I love that you chose to do this as a cover man. This is definitely a massively underated floyd song but has so many epic parts. Definitely mood music. Almost super hero music. Sure the keys could use some work, but for a first time take...its actually really awesome. The whole quality reminds me of that same pink floyd quality back then so thats awesome too. I love the guitar. Did you just use a machine for the drums?
Really a cool song, and also its really a very good idea for a song to cover, because you can take it in so many ways. Awesome job. Love it!  :D

lol i thought Denis was kiddin me!

tnx Kunadian, for the listening and the words, and not only the keys need work :p

Drums are EZ drummer patterns with some manual adds
#6December 17th, 2011 · 05:58 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
MaxdB wrote…
TheKunadiun wrote…
Denis wrote…

Really a cool song, and also its really a very good idea for a song to cover, because you can take it in so many ways. Awesome job. Love it!  :D

lol i thought Denis was kiddin me!

tnx Kunadian, for the listening and the words, and not only the keys need work :p

Drums are EZ drummer patterns with some manual adds

LOL.....Despite me being a musician for most of my life, ehhh around 38years, my music song knowledge is PANTS
#7December 17th, 2011 · 09:47 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
PANTS  ?

More like a ... {_!_} ..... LOL !

I'm listening to track, sounds good ... a bit of reverb, a bit of hiss ... but it's the real thing.

Wasn't Atom Hart a song by The Monkeys ? 
#8December 17th, 2011 · 08:37 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
The actual song name is "Atom Heart Mother." It was also the name of the album it appeared on called "Atom Heart Mother". Its the one with the cow.
#9December 17th, 2011 · 11:00 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Im liking the tone on the guitars and btw very well played...The drums sounds just a little far in the mix for my taste..specially the hi hat..Great rendition of this classic tho!!!!
#10December 18th, 2011 · 04:05 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
tnx a lot Marino!
drums i chose to sound like this, check the original, drums are totally muffled,
think it adds to the atmosphere of the keys..
as a rocker i see the point though :p

weren't it the beatles Kings ? whoeaaaa 
#11December 18th, 2011 · 04:44 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
You both took a hard challenge to cover such an eclectic PF title ( but which PF title isnīt? ). Everyone above mentioned already about drums, keys etc.
What I noticed was that your "blues phrasings" have improved a lil bit. This title is pretty good for practicing and developing ones soloing skills coz of its different sounds and styles.
In parts the strat fever is shining through.   That git sounds cool.

Good work, guys. Stay tuned

U.L.I.
#12December 18th, 2011 · 05:00 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
kings wrote…
PANTS  ?

More like a ... {_!_} ..... LOL !

I'm listening to track, sounds good ... a bit of reverb, a bit of hiss ... but it's the real thing.

Wasn't Atom Hart a song by The Monkeys ?  :o

Ah yes but more like (__!__) too many Macdonalds...LOL  
#13December 18th, 2011 · 05:19 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
I thought the Beatles did Careful With That Axe Eugene ...... Or was it Careful with that Axe John ? 

(BTW LISTENING)
#14December 18th, 2011 · 06:11 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
TheKunadiun wrote…
The actual song name is "Atom Heart Mother." It was also the name of the album it appeared on called "Atom Heart Mother". Its the one with the cow.
How did my mother-in-law get to be invloved.....lol   (Actually my MIL is a jem )
#15December 18th, 2011 · 03:14 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Denis wrote…
TheKunadiun wrote…
How did my mother-in-law get to be invloved.....lol   (Actually my MIL is a jem )

LOL! For your own good, try to keep her away from the website!

Anyways, that was a nice cover. There are a few things to fix but it's understandable.
Cheers.

> Iszil
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 2:24 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.