#1October 17th, 2011 · 12:24 AM
23 threads / 14 songs
515 posts
Japan
guilty
Yup just did my tax return and included was income from music posted on the internet,namely itunes.
Now the cost of uploading and maintaining wiped that out tho....so is it better to cut the losses , not post to itunes where only 3% of music is even listened too let alone bought.

#2October 21st, 2011 · 02:00 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
BandAMP Vol 1 has made $5.26 since launch - NOTE: no marketing has been done, so it's not surprising how anything could sell unless people know it's available. It costs me over $40.00 to publish it.

The only way to make money for music artists these days are live venues and merchandise. Most people I believe get music free, it seems that the general public accept this.
#3October 27th, 2011 · 08:10 PM
23 threads / 14 songs
515 posts
Japan
Denis said.
'The only way to make money for music artists these days are live venues and merchandise. Most people I believe get music free, it seems that the general public accept this.'
 True ....
Overall we received royalties for radio air time and luckily some income from TV placement in a national travel show.In that respect we are in the black but it reminds me of the old days when bands sold cassettes at the gigs {which are getting harder to earn $}.
So in a nutshell you're better off registering with APRA or similar ,pressing up 100 copies or so and posting to selected music programers at radio stations with a blurb , takes time licking all those postage stamps & researching radio station playlists .......BUT you get royalties for air play.
#4October 27th, 2011 · 08:47 PM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
I must admit that we(The Jim Jims) hardly made any money from the few recording we had on line
But we got few royalties from airplay and so on
But now that the band is over I've just been signed with a publisher dealing with music for TV program/advert and Library music generally
The guy who's gonna produce my track make a very decent living this way from PRS income
It will take a year or so to start collecting royalties but hopefully it will work for me too(even as a secondary income)
#5October 28th, 2011 · 11:03 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
and yes... we made money.
but not with selfmade music 
have a look here: Sound Revival Company
#6November 3rd, 2011 · 07:31 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
I did make money too via sales on lulu.com and itunes, and some via streamed music. The stuff on itunes didn't cover the cost of putting it up there in the first place, haha, but lulu gave me a buck or two. Don't know the exact amount. Well atleast it was profitable... And now I've published a comic book on a self-publishing site here - it's in dutch btw so don't bother if you know not the language. Didn't make any money yet but I have *some* marketing strategy. And like e-music, marketing is key to get atleast some sales - else your stuff goes unseen/unheard for eternity. Marketing is what it all comes down to ofcourse...

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 9:39 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.