#1October 12th, 2006 · 06:15 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
Camera
Yeah, I know its off topic. But its the Pit, eh?

So I FINALLY got my own camera. It's a 35mm Vivitar XC-2 SLR, and it was a steal at $40 with 3 lenses, flash, and a telecommunicator. Only thing is, I CAN"T CHANGE THE LENSES. I can't find the stupid lens release button, and I've been all over the internet trying to find a diagram, but I can't find anything.

PLEEEEEEASE help me!
#2October 13th, 2006 · 09:57 AM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
There should be a dial at the base of the lens (where it connects to the camera)...turn the whole dial - there might even be a red dot on both the dial and camera - when they line up you can disconnect the lens.

I've got a canon...but many of my lenses are vivitar - and they all have this red dot and dial feature. But, this may also depend on the age of the camera you bought..mine is about 15 years old - if yours is newer than it may be different.  Good Luck! And wow - you really did get a great bargain!
#3October 13th, 2006 · 07:21 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Hmmmm
My camera is a 1966 Minolta SRT 101...  I love it....  Great pictures out of these older SLR's...  Mine has a button above the lens, you slide the button and turn the lens.... 

I am not sure about Vivitar lenses....  But I agree, you got one heck of a buy.... I bought mine about 3 years ago, I got a tripod, the original Rokkor-PF 1:14 f=85 lens... and a monsterous "papparazzi" telephoto lens anyway..  The guy wanted $100 for it, but I ended up getting it for 10 minutes worth of wiring repair...  Gotta love the good deals! 

JimK
#4October 13th, 2006 · 10:49 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
Yeah. Like a said, a steal.
Anyway, I've tried all the buttons, and I've reached this conclusion; the lens relase is broken. I looked at another camera, and it's lens came off quite easily. So, if anyone has any idea on how to fix it..... If I can't get it fixed, I should be able to return it. But it would be dissappointing, because it it was so cheap....
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 6:44 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.