Amy Winehouse found dead, aged 27
Just reported on uk news
what massive massive sadness ........

john
#2July 23rd, 2011 · 05:47 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
A real waste of a life - talent doesn't mean much when you're on a self-destruct course.
I feel sorry for her dad, who tried hard to get her to clean up.
Such a shame
#3July 23rd, 2011 · 07:17 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
I just heard it on the car radio a few minutes ago and I was coming here to post the same thing.  I have felt a strong sense of sadness everything I saw her - for pretty much the same reasons you -all have already expressed. She was clearly sick and out of control with her alcohol and drug use. I can't say I'm surprised, but I am very sorry for this loss. I always held out hope that she could find recovery from addiction. She brought back some musical elements of 60's - era soul (and an older jazz influence) that I truly enjoyed.
#4July 24th, 2011 · 03:50 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
I'll remember for her being herself, she was different, this world was too much for her to handle.
What a great soulful voice she had - Will she be remembered I wonder?

RIP
#5July 24th, 2011 · 06:58 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Indeed. It was no question about if it will happen, but a question of when it will happen.
Who have seen the pictures of her last gig in serbia weeks ago could sense that she is at her end.
We all have seen suchlike pictures decades before (Jimi, Janis, Jim.........etc, etc , etc)
Sex, drugs & rock īnīroll.......but nobody mentioned   death and suffering . The dark sides of a pop starīs life are ignored too often. It can be a dangerous life.
#6July 24th, 2011 · 01:47 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Yes she seems to have joined the 27 club ... strange in'it , will we have stars in the future knocking them selves off at 27 just to get in ?
It's usually the different ones who have something to say and so saying it cant deal with the attention they have created.
I never followed her but I appreciate her difference as a person and her talent in her music.

Long live Rock and Roll
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 5:49 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.