#1June 21st, 2011 · 03:56 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Spoon in Holland
Well, our beloved Spoon is racing regattas across the globe in pursuit of a position on the Canadian Olympic team. As I understand it, it's going well so far!

Anyway, a couple of weeks ago she was in the Netherlands, and close enough to where I live for us to meet up. She had the exclusive honor of witnessing a rehearsal of our band UMF, and we went to have dinner at a nice little tapas place called Don Quijote afterwards, where we were treated on live spanish music featuring a rather loud guest vocalist that evening.

(if ever you are in Alkmaar, I can highly recommend that restaurant!)

Anyway, here's us:

I bet you can guess who's who

It was great finally meeting up with my chat-friend of old - previous attempts had struck unforeseen obstacles, but I am sure to head over to Canada some time, still!

cheers!
#2June 21st, 2011 · 05:53 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
FANTASTIC!!!
Now thats warmed the cockles of my heart ........

Spoon has probably met more members of the amp .... live than anyone!!!

Hope she gets to olympics>>>>> That would be amazing ......

Happy Fish
#3June 23rd, 2011 · 12:52 PM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
PX wrote…
I bet you can guess who's who

I didnīt expect that spoon is readhaired, wearing glasses and is such as old, sorry. Mature.      

Muuuhhuuuhhuhaahhaaaahrrrgggh.
#4June 23rd, 2011 · 03:38 PM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
It was fabulous to meet Puppet finally - as he said we've tried to organize it a few times, but it never seemed to work out before.  I got to meet his band mates as well - they were all very friendly and fun!  I was privvy to their band practice, and got to hear a bunch of their original music - all fantastic.

Best of all, was getting to hang in person with Puppet...we've been on-line friends for years now, and it all started here on the amp.  My only regret is that we only had one day!

I know I'm not around on the amp much lately, but I always think fondly of the friends I've made here...and hope that in my travels I may get to meet a few more in person ; )
#5June 24th, 2011 · 08:00 AM
119 threads / 90 songs
258 posts
United Kingdom
Wow, this is amazing. Good luck spoon! 
#6June 24th, 2011 · 05:24 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Totally wonderful stuff !!!
As the grass grows so do the trees, and this branch is so strong.

Actually meeting 'old' friends....it's what it's all about. 

So if it's 'going well so far' we are likely to see Spoon on the Canadian Olympic team ? .... very cool !

Here's wishing you all the success you need
#7June 25th, 2011 · 11:05 AM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
Getcha hands offa her Pup!  No, seriously, it's great to see that both of you guys were finally able to get together - and a truly fantastic picture. Cheers to the both of you!!! (and what about our dear Spoon...going for the OLYMPICS????  In her fabled little boat, "Red Dwarf"??...I'm SOOO proud!!!)
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: September 7th, 2024 · 7:37 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.