1 2

#1September 18th, 2006 · 10:26 PM
1 threads
3 posts
United States of America
Looking for GOOD MUSIC
Acoustic Fuel promotes audio that helps people live happier and healthier lives.  We are currently in the process of looking for artists who would like to be considered for the “Where Do You Wanna Go” Compilation Series.  This opportunity will give the chosen artists increased exposure for their music as well as create an additional source of income. 

To learn more about this opportunity visit: http://www.sonicbids.com/Opportunity/OpportunityView.aspx?opportunity_id=10089

To learn more about Acoustic Fuel visit: http://www.acousticfuel.com
#2September 19th, 2006 · 02:11 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
dude, you are the 1300th active member!!! uhh huhh!

hehehe and as a reward you get to look for songs for your compilation series all by yourself! (just make sure the artists involved agree to be included, you know the deal)

Well - you can use my Burning2Rebel, I'd be honored. It's definately a track aimed to activate and energize people, and inspire them to think for themselves (I read that's one of the criteria to be included)

just tell us a little bit more about this deal, it seems interesting but what is it really?
#3September 19th, 2006 · 02:46 PM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
FYI
I checked out the website Sonic birds...you have to become a member...you become a trial member for 30 days for free...but in signing up for the free trial, you have to give a credit card...so that after the free 30 days they can start charging you for your membership...
#4September 19th, 2006 · 04:03 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
spam, spam spam spam
Gee, you understand that site better than I do, spoon. I simply asked the question because I really don't get much inspiring info from them... I haven't the patience to decypher the layout's aim, perhaps. So maybe the esteemed 1300th member Hjmatt30 could clarify this offering, hmm?
#5September 19th, 2006 · 06:22 PM
1 threads
3 posts
United States of America
1300th Gee Thanks PuppetXeno
Anyway.  Acoustic Fuel is looking for artists who would like to be apart of the "Where Do You Wanna Go" Compilation Series.  

Acoustic Fuel currently has 5 different mood enhancing destinations and we are looking for music to fit all five.  Each destination will have 5 volumes(Albums, CDs, or what ever you want to call it), and each volume will contain 5 songs from 5 different artists.

Artists will share in the revenue generated with AF at a rate of 10% per unit sold. 

The compilations will be distributed mainly online through our digital download store.  Additionally Acoustic Fuel is working on physical distribution to retail outlets such as coffee shops, spas, non-profits organizations, etc.  Also compilations will be marketed to wholesale/retail buyers internationally.

This is a chance for artists to gain exposure and earn some $$$.  Artists do not sign their life away.  They keep 100% ownership over their music.

Hopefully that helped.

Any questions email hartford@acousticfuel.com

Oh yeah PuppetXeno where can your song be heard online?
#6September 19th, 2006 · 07:54 PM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
Just a question is that 10% for each artist on a compelation disk or is that 10% split between the artists on any particular release?
Granted they probably don't need the $$ but Savage Garden recently opted out of  the latest ARIA compelation for the reason that when divided by the number of artists on the release .......
 the producers score 100% of their cut ...no splits.

PX's music is great and only 2 clicks away on this site.
#7September 19th, 2006 · 08:34 PM
1 threads
3 posts
United States of America
10% for each artists
For example if the price is $5.60 per compilation (cd, or what have you) and someone bought 1 this is how it will break down:

Artist 1 = $.56
Artist 2 = $.56
Artist 3 = $.56
Artist 4 = $.56
Artist 5 = $.56

for that compilation

So the 5 artists that are on that particular compilation that is sold each will get 10%. 

questions email hartford@acousticfuel.com
#8September 19th, 2006 · 11:59 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
what about song rights
I would be willing to send a song, but I want to keep full rights to the song and just give you distribution rights.
#9September 20th, 2006 · 01:48 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Yeah, the same over here, about the distribution rights, but I take that's the intended deal, right?

The music of the members here can be accessed via their personal music pages. For example
http:// [fill in a membername] .bandamp.com/music.html
would lead you to membername's song page. so mine would be at http://puppetxeno.bandamp.com/music.html and toastedgoat's at http://toastedgoat.bandamp.com/music.html. it's that simple, really

I think it's an interesting concept really, but if the winnings are completely divided amongst the artists, what will cover the production and distribution cost?
#10September 20th, 2006 · 04:30 AM
48 threads / 41 songs
144 posts
New Zealand
Hey there - I'm like... all acoustic. Haha. You can click on my name to check out my music, or go here www.myspace.com/chestertravis

- Chester
#11September 20th, 2006 · 04:31 AM
48 threads / 41 songs
144 posts
New Zealand
Puppet... there are only 5 artists on each album, so their collective ten percents only account for 50% total

- Chester
#12September 20th, 2006 · 02:39 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: re: Looking for GOOD MUSIC
swordfish wrote…
hey all get a lawyer to sort it out

thats the (music) business

NO JOKE..................... anything 2 do with money needs 2 be right at the start

if i can help here I will

THE FISH
#13September 20th, 2006 · 08:24 PM
1 threads
3 posts
United States of America
Artists and Ownership
Any artists we enter into an agreement with will still own all of their rights to their music.  I guess the best way to look at it is it being a type of licensing deal.

If anybody has questions you can email hartford@acousticfuel.com
#14September 20th, 2006 · 10:56 PM
8 threads / 2 songs
47 posts
India
I wish...
well this is a great opportunity for all of us.
i would love to be a part of it.
but i am too amateur for all this right now.
but there are few members who are great
well you'll find out that when you listen to their music.
#15September 21st, 2006 · 05:42 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Ask me
I would like to be asked. I do not offer any songs of mine to whatever it is called. My music is free to be heard on this site and if anyone find it interesting he/she can ask me if I am willing to be in a project.
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 27th, 2024 · 1:20 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.