#1May 24th, 2011 · 12:29 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
A song about 'access denied'
While working some programming for a site update, I had a thought:

We're working some brand new security measures into the song downloads, and I thought it would be fun to have a sound effect play for people who try to cheat the system and download songs that they don't have access to.  Instead of downloading the song, they'd just get the sound effect instead.  It would be even funnier if it was a full song, all about how they're a cheater and a thief   Normally people just won't see a link to protected songs, but I'm talking about people who are specifically trying to mess around with our site and attempt to trick BandAMP into giving them the song.

Anybody feel like writing a little jingle about thieves and cheaters?  I can't promise that many people will hear the song, but it would be truly satisfying in that passive-agressive way to know that bots and cunning folks secretly get slipped the decoy song instead!

Just let me know if you've got something.  If there are multiple ideas for jingles, we could even have the site give out a random one to the cheater.
#2May 24th, 2011 · 12:35 AM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
I'd love to do it if I had the time!
#3May 30th, 2011 · 11:40 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Iszil wrote…
I'd love to do it if I had the time!
I downloaded some samples and I ripped another from "The Lawnmower man" ..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doAnB5_eDnw ... I still want to record LOTR "The way is closed, the way is kept by the dead...etc "

I also have very little time to put to anything creative but my work and family .... but in the in between bits I'd like to mash some samples together....
would be really cool to have a bit of an Access Denied guitar track to play with .. hint hint Iz 
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 12:04 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.