My mom and i are ALWAYS fighting now, i have a horrible
haircut, my bass guitar broke (fixable but still) i have
a game EVERY FREAKING DAY THIS WEEK!!!! thats not a
bad thing i love basketball but wednesday i was gonna play
a concert with our youth band and friday i had a date with
my girlfriend!!!!! i mean really!!!!! and im dreading my
mom picking me up cuz i get an ear full every
time i seen her its always i didnt shave or i look
to ragedy or my pants are ripped or MY HAIRS TO LONG!!!!!
GAH I LOVE HER BUT STIL!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is my self pitty
thread so take part AND MAKE ME FEEL BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!
#2November 26th, 2007 · 05:22 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Man this could of been written for a sit com All I can see is the funny side of it, dude
Let me see????

You've got a Family
You've got a Girlfriend
You've got A band
You're in the Basketball team...........................

Did I leave anything out??

Your one hell of a lucky Guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep smiling!!

Denis

P.S  Shave your head
#3November 27th, 2007 · 04:53 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
No don't shave your head, it makes your brain work slower,
OK if you want to be a single minded meditating monk or a moron skinhead.
But you brain needs to be kept warm ! 
Have you got a blog somewhere? I've been thinking of using the bA blog, I just haven't got round to actually writing about what is still in actual fact happening at that moment in my life.
I don't see why I should try and make you feel better, sounds to me your life would be the envy of many many people.
If you need to put things in perspective and understand your life and your self within it a blog does help, or any kind of writing for that matter.
It means you sit and think of the experiences of your life and then attempt to express them.

I'll get back to this but for now I've got to go, I need to cut 40m of sponge strips to insulate a machine I've been asked to box off, then this afternoon I'm off to Antwerp, Belgium with a Jeep and trailer to pick up a Land Rover Discovery that will most probably buy. I want to put the engine in my LR Defender, something I will probably document and blog.  

O! Your mums probably right to give you shit, you need it, your untidy, your clothes are ripped, you need a hair cut, you spend your whole time with r&r bands and girlfriends and you smell. 
Enjoy it while it lasts!!!!! You'll grow up one day LOL

Just be aware of 'permanent' damage, to your self and to your relationship with your mum.
#4November 27th, 2007 · 08:09 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
re: Thats how it goes!!
Everyone has already done a wonderful job of illustrating what you need to hear, focus more on the first part of your own post, and you will see how wonderful it is, and you wont need cheering up, your own words in fact will cheer you up... If not just one line about having a girlfriend... That alone should cheer you up.. if not, you have issues....  As for me, I am going to concentrate on simply one line you wrote, I have quoted you below...

Ninjaguy wrote…
GAH I LOVE HER

This is something you need to remember, when she is telling you to cut your hair, she is doing it for the same reason, She loves you, and wants you to look nice, and respectable, because people should be tidy, and clean.. It's hard to land a recording contract if you go in smelling like a petting zoo with torn clothes, well, ok, maybe that's a bad example..  But it's defintitely hard to get that job at Mcdonalds flippin burgers until the record company calls..
BTW, I'm going to be late for work now, because I took the time to write this, but oh well.. You see, trust in Kings' words.. ENJOY IT WHILE IT LASTS... For you are but a fleeting moment away from the biggest dose of reality the world can ever toss in someones face.. It all goes way too quickly... This is your time..  Your time to be everything your mom doesn't want you to be, and your time to revel in your youth..  Enjoy my friend...   And give your mom a bug hug and kiss, and thank her for caring enough to yell at you when you need it. Watch her eyes, also, it will give you a break for a while...  trust me...  She wont nag you about your clothes or anything for at least a month.. 

JimK

JimK
#5November 27th, 2007 · 08:56 AM
15 threads
63 posts
United States of America
re: re: Thats how it goes!!
JimkDaAdtman wrote…
when she is telling you to cut your hair, she is doing it for the same reason, She loves you, and wants you to look nice, and respectable, because people should be tidy,
Yea but see she takes it over the top with the haircuttin i got 2 cuts in like 48 hours anyway thats my bell paece
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
#6November 27th, 2007 · 08:42 PM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
I'm not an optimist of any kind,but here it goes.

1.You HAVE  a girlfriend,whereas many boys do not,and on top of that,she is great
2.You HAVE  a mother who cares enough to complain at you.It may be VERY annoying(I know) but it's everyday life.Some people do not even have mothers to tell them that their son's hair is too long or fathers at that.So be grateful for a caring parent.
3.You GO to school,where most of the world's population cannot.
4.You are lucky enough to have the talent to play an instrument,let alone be lucky enough to have one.
5.You have the skills to play basketball and are lucky enough to flaunt them on the court.
6.You have a band

You're a cool kid,but learn to appreciate things.
Maybe a good slap upside your head to see what you've got?
#7November 29th, 2007 · 05:01 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Miss Meow wrote…
Maybe a good slap upside your head to see what you've got?

As for 1 to 6 , Well said !

Ninja, It's all part of self realization ! 
#8November 29th, 2007 · 10:28 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
If it helps any, ninjaguy, my hair just got 4 inches shorter, thank you mother   

not only that, the stupid hairdresser cut the front uneven and I look even stupider
#9November 30th, 2007 · 11:20 AM
5 threads / 5 songs
590 posts
United Kingdom
I havnt read the posts above before writing this, so i apologise if its already been said. but It sounds like youre having the time of your life, so enjoy it. Some day, your life may become alot more boring.

I know it doesnt seem like it to you at the moment, but they are quite trivial problems. I dont want to cause offence, and i almost didnt post because of that, but dude... the world doesnt revolve around you.
#10November 30th, 2007 · 11:59 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
SirB wrote…
but dude... the world doesnt revolve around you.
Yea! your right, It revolves around ME   

Oldies : Parents are a bummer aren't they?
I was forced to have a 'short back and sides', which I loathed, one of the reasons why I have long hair now.
But my own son loves his hair short !!??

It's just how it goes big nose.

At one time having long hair meant that you were not Christian.
#11November 30th, 2007 · 12:01 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
590 posts
United Kingdom
lol, sorry, im just a grumpy git. youre cool really
#12November 30th, 2007 · 10:17 PM
15 threads
63 posts
United States of America
dude i geuss i did have the blues and i was pittying myself quite a bit but stil!!! i mean come on!!! I HATE BASKETBALL!!!! ugh i bombed the tryout and i still made the team!!!!! all i do is take crap from these guys!!! but still im glad of all the above and thanks for putting me into perspective!!!!! but still!!!!!! WHY CANT I HAVE A MOHAWK!!!!!
#13December 1st, 2007 · 07:10 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Ninja wrote…
WHY CANT I HAVE A MOHAWK!!!!!
But you can!

Your mum would beat the living day lights out of you though LOL

I find it odd that your forced to play basketball, and you hate it BUT your good at it !!??  
Try Loving it , you might find that your very good at it !?
#14December 1st, 2007 · 12:20 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
And I guess that's why they call it the blues..... la la la la!!!

Us old farts can be a right pain sometimes, eh.  I say, cut your hair, and be nice to your ma - you'll give her a real shock and she may even start to be nice to you.

OK, stupid suggestion. lol
#15December 1st, 2007 · 01:52 PM
15 threads
63 posts
United States of America
ok well.... the basketball thing is I HATE IT and I SUCK!!! i have played like 3 times in the last 8 games! my moms just like bribbing me through the season! shes paying for my texting and everything!!!! lol im just gonna play this for as much as i can!!!! lol who knows!!! maybe even i'll get a mohawk!!!! lol doubt it but it could happen~~!!!!!
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 7:37 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.