#1March 19th, 2011 · 08:18 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
My first album!
Well guys, I just made it.
Here it's the link in case you want to listen to it:
www.myspace.com/iszil
I also used Routenote to publish it but it seems it will take a few weeks to be out.
Cheers.

> Iszil
#2March 20th, 2011 · 12:33 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Congratulations Iszil - You must be proud
It's a great album, you put a lot of hard work in to it, it's worthy of some recognistion.

I wonder if there are any pro rock internet radio stations, the ones I've seen are free - it would be interesting for you to get some feed back from prog rock fans...
#3March 20th, 2011 · 01:27 AM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Denis wrote…
It's a great album, you put a lot of hard work in to it, it's worthy of some recognistion.

I wonder if there are any pro rock internet radio stations, the ones I've seen are free - it would be interesting for you to get some feed back from prog rock fans... ;)

Indeed! I just don't how would you get them into listening one's stuff... hmmmm...
#4March 20th, 2011 · 05:46 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Iszil wrote…
Denis wrote…
It's a great album, you put a lot of hard work in to it, it's worthy of some recognition.

I wonder if there are any pro rock Internet radio stations, the ones I've seen are free - it would be interesting for you to get some feed back from prog rock fans... ;)

Indeed! I just don't how would you get them into listening one's stuff... hmmmm...

Until you get it out there you won't know, sounds simple but true.

If you're like me and doing it for yourself, then you have already achieved your goal, at least your music is out there.  It requires a lot of hard work to get yourself recognized. You simply would need to sell yourself and your music to as many areas where people listen to music.

I read an article that said only 5% of downloads are actually purchased, but on the positive side there are a lot of people downloading music, so you might as well have it available for free where you can. If Progg rock enthusiasts like your music, they will be telling their friends and such like and you will get the recognition you deserve, which could lead to other things - Nothing ventured nothing gained.

As most of my music is Jazz or relaxing music, I thought I could have it freely available for things like music on hold, waiting areas etc. But I'm not motivated enough to put the work-in, I'd rather play and create new stuff.. I spend most of my spear time playing my instruments would you believe, might have something to do with my age, hence my daughters have now grown up, thank God both me and my wife have stable jobs, which leaves me to do what I enjoy, I've been doing this for 5 years now, where as before I'd only pick up the guitar once in a while. The wonderful thing is that I did not realize I had the ability to create so many new songs, once I got a taste of it and found new friends, musicians and yes bandAMP, I simply found new enjoyment.

It's interesting in that the Internet is relatively young and so much has happened, many of us take things for granted - the Internet has certainly changed life for the good.  I wonder what great invention there will be next for us to improve our lives.

Wish you all the best with it, it will be interesting where this will take you with your music...
#5March 20th, 2011 · 06:58 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Isi , here´s a small collection of different platforms , portals , netlabels & more which is just a SMALL overview. Perhaps you can find any proposal there .

http://members.cdbaby.com/
http://www.potatosystem.com/en
http://www.reverbnation.com/
http://netlabelism.com/
http://phlow-magazine.com/
http://machtdose.de/netlabels

Maybe I´m gonna recur myself but I say it again . You´re an exeptional talent in music and I think ya music MUST be heard and brought to market. For that it´s necessary to overcome your modesty and self-doubts. Go for it, Isi, you have all musically potentials to become successful, imo.          AND: you´re young enough .
So , go for it .
U.L.I.
#6March 20th, 2011 · 05:48 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
listening, will take some time, but am happy to, sounds great anyway, i followed most of the the individual songs u uploaded earlier so u know i like your work. I think you should offer it for sale anyway weither ppl buy it or not. Its worth it , you earn it, and maybe one day u can buy a new mic from it or so :p
#7March 20th, 2011 · 06:13 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
WOW!
On opening the page you link too my NOD32AV went bananas ! Page was trying to install part of AdwareHotBar.H application on my system ..... !!!    Just letting you know !

I've been to your music pages before, and left comments ... that was not the same place was it ?

Ok so I cant listen to your album without my AV going nuts ! hmm!

This is where an Album function / forum on bandAmp would be perfect.

As MaxB said... I've heard your uploaded stuff before and I'm already a big fan ... so I'll just have to go to your music page and play the whole lot ! 
#8March 20th, 2011 · 06:27 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
@Kings, well you are the first one having troubles with the download and there have been 93 downloads so far. Weird uh....

Guys, all what you say about promoting oneself it's true but then it's a big and hard step to take, basically because it involves stuff that I don't know.
I've been showing my album in a few musician communities and the reception has been really good, even more than what I expected.

I also uploaded it to Routenote but it will be available fore sales by the end  of the month, I believe. The point is I don't know where to go after that. And I'm not really sure if I need to go a step higher. I mean, it's not like I'm dying for people to pay for my work. I'd like it and it'd be cool but I'm not desperate to get incomes out of it. I'm more concerned about getting recognition, getting my work listened, to know what people thinks, what musicians think, what producers think. Of course, that is sort of directly related with selling your work.
It would be cool too if someone would like to buy some of my music for publicity or TV or movies or whatever.

I'm planning on giving a few copies to my former music teachers who work on the music biz here in Chile, just to get a more professional opinion. But my biggest dream - and what I probably would love the most - is to get someone (a.k.a a producer) who would tell me "Hey, I like your work. Let's gather a band, record an EP with your music and make some gigs", so that would lead to get a name in the prog rock music biz.

The disc will be for sale. It will be there. What I'll do with that I have to think it and plan it. I've been reading a few pages of a book Denis sent me which talks about promoting your music on the internet. I guess I'll finish it a see what useful tips I can get out of it.

Thank you guys for the support and care you've shown during the process and during my whole stay here on the Amp. This might sound a bit cliché but it's 100% true: without the Amp I'd probably wouldn't be doing any music at all, or just minor stuff. Here I got the motivation to create.
Thank you so much.

Cheers.

> Iszil
#9March 20th, 2011 · 09:50 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
I just published it on Bandcamp: http://iszil.bandcamp.com/album/back-to-the-seed
Someone told me it was a good site for promoting music.
I'll keep uploading the album in some other places during this days. Just to have it up there.
#10March 21st, 2011 · 04:53 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Iszil wrote…
@Kings, well you are the first one having troubles with the download and there have been 93 downloads so far. Weird uh....

Guys, all what you say about promoting oneself it's true but then it's a big and hard step to take, basically because it involves stuff that I don't know.
I've been showing my album in a few musician communities and the reception has been really good, even more than what I expected.

I also uploaded it to Routenote but it will be available fore sales by the end  of the month, I believe. The point is I don't know where to go after that. And I'm not really sure if I need to go a step higher. I mean, it's not like I'm dying for people to pay for my work. I'd like it and it'd be cool but I'm not desperate to get incomes out of it. I'm more concerned about getting recognition, getting my work listened, to know what people thinks, what musicians think, what producers think. Of course, that is sort of directly related with selling your work.
It would be cool too if someone would like to buy some of my music for publicity or TV or movies or whatever.

I'm planning on giving a few copies to my former music teachers who work on the music biz here in Chile, just to get a more professional opinion. But my biggest dream - and what I probably would love the most - is to get someone (a.k.a a producer) who would tell me "Hey, I like your work. Let's gather a band, record an EP with your music and make some gigs", so that would lead to get a name in the prog rock music biz.

The disc will be for sale. It will be there. What I'll do with that I have to think it and plan it. I've been reading a few pages of a book Denis sent me which talks about promoting your music on the Internet. I guess I'll finish it a see what useful tips I can get out of it.

Thank you guys for the support and care you've shown during the process and during my whole stay here on the Amp. This might sound a bit clich� but it's 100% true: without the Amp I'd probably wouldn't be doing any music at all, or just minor stuff. Here I got the motivation to create.
Thank you so much.

Cheers.

> Iszil

If you want to get noticed you'll have to create a band and play some rock venues, there will always be prog agents at decent venues, people get paid to look for new bands and recommending them to labels and producers. I've met a couple who have made an artist successfull.
Send out your music to as many rock labels/producers as you can, try and get your music on your local radio stations. You will have to register your music with the likes of PRS for music UK, They mange all your royalties for the likes of radio stations playing music, I'm not sure which organisation you would use in Chile.
you probably won't need to worry about it now, but should you start getting a name for yourself it's a MUST.
Here is a link to many around the world.
http://www.knopfler.com/Royalty-Link.html

Hope that book helps - yeah it involves hard graft, if you really want it go for it.
If any one wants a copy of this book send me a pm with your email address
#11May 1st, 2011 · 02:15 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
My album is available on iTunes Store:
http://itunes.apple.com/album/back-to-the-seed/id427688675
Not that I believe anyone would buy it but I followed Denis' advice and I've been showing my work wherever I can. At least I had one purchase on Bandcamp
See ya guys.

> Iszil

PS: I've been quite inactive lately because of university but I still try to visit the AMP on a daily basis to stay tuned to what's going on.
#12May 1st, 2011 · 09:19 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Dude I love your album artwork! Great to see this masterpiece on iTunes. Are you releasing to AmazonMP3? I hate buying things from iTunes because of the DRM crap.
#13May 1st, 2011 · 09:40 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
TheKunadiun wrote…
Dude I love your album artwork! Great to see this masterpiece on iTunes. Are you releasing to AmazonMP3? I hate buying things from iTunes because of the DRM crap.

You want the album? I can give you the link to download it mp3 or flac format.
It's also on Bandcamp, anyway.
#14May 2nd, 2011 · 05:42 AM
5 threads
24 posts
United Kingdom
Congratulations! This is amazing stuff. I've only listened to the first two tracks so far and already I'm loving it. A download link would be much appreciated.

I would suggest that you've reached the stage where it is well worth getting a manager and/or agent. Your main focus should be on the music - get someone else to look after the financial side.

Meanwhile, if you don't already have a paypal  account (or similar), then get one set up and put a "support" button wherever you post your stuff. It can't hurt, right?

PS: Velvet feathers and Back to the Seed are only playing the first 30s. If that's what you wanted, then great, but I thought you should know.
EDIT - They're full length on the music tab, just not on the profile.
#15May 2nd, 2011 · 07:13 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
TheUrbanBassman wrote…
Congratulations! This is amazing stuff. I've only listened to the first two tracks so far and already I'm loving it. A download link would be much appreciated.

I would suggest that you've reached the stage where it is well worth getting a manager and/or agent. Your main focus should be on the music - get someone else to look after the financial side.

Meanwhile, if you don't already have a paypal  account (or similar), then get one set up and put a "support" button wherever you post your stuff. It can't hurt, right?

PS: Velvet feathers and Back to the Seed are only playing the first 30s. If that's what you wanted, then great, but I thought you should know.
EDIT - They're full length on the music tab, just not on the profile.

Thank you for the comments and feedback. I'll probably do what you say about the "support" button but, for that matter, there is Bandcamp.

I'll PM you the download links. If there's anyone else interested, just ask me.

Cheers.

> Iszil
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 10:41 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.