#1January 23rd, 2011 · 02:10 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Velocity Sensitivity
Some of you may know I recently purchased my first midi controller keyboard. I'm using Cubase 5 and trying to work out how to make the keys more touch sensitive, hence I'd like more control over the sensitivity. My old standard Yamaha keyboard was much more sensitive, so I could control the dynamics better.
I've googled, but the answers I get are too techy for the likes of a old timer like me.
I assume I could do this on the keyboard, but there is limited information in the manual.

I hope there is a solution, I believe there are some plug-ins you can do this with?

The keyboard I purchased is a a Behringer UNM610
http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/UMX610.aspx

Cheers
#2January 25th, 2011 · 05:05 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
In what way is it too techy for you?

I just tried 'velocity sensitivity adjustment midi keyboard' on Google. Most of them are either talking about adjusting velocity levels in your software midi editor or that you have a 'velocity sensitivity adjustment' knob somewhere on the hardware.
If you can synthesize the sound with the keyboard you can set up different parameters: attack, velocity, sustain, decay....though I do think your on about something else.
Could it not just be the keyboard, what was wrong with your old one? It had no GM setting or something? It had a midi out did it not!
#3January 25th, 2011 · 07:10 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
kings wrote…

I just tried 'velocity sensitivity adjustment midi keyboard' on Google. Most of them are either talking about adjusting velocity levels in your software midi editor or that you have a 'velocity sensitivity adjustment' knob somewhere on the hardware.
If you can synthesize the sound with the keyboard you can set up different parameters: attack, velocity, sustain, decay....though I do think your on about something else.
Could it not just be the keyboard, what was wrong with your old one? It had no GM setting or something? It had a midi out did it not!

The old one does not have the facility to work on a PC, it's rare but never-the-less True.
I think I'll email Behringer, there must be a way of adjusting it on the midi controller.
Cheers
#4January 25th, 2011 · 08:52 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Denis wrote…
kings wrote…

The old one does not have the facility to work on a PC, it's rare but never-the-less True.
I think I'll email Behringer, there must be a way of adjusting it on the midi controller.
Cheers

Did another google which referred me onto a manual of the keyboard that has more information than the manual I got with it, low and behold it had the instructions on how to vary the velocity sensitivity.
Now having tried it I have more sensitivity, but not as much as I would like, I'd like it as sensitive as a real acoustic piano. I swear my old Yamaha keyboard was more sensitive.

Perhaps Pro keyboards are more sensitive? I'd be interested to know what pro keyboard players think about it. Surly I'm not the only one who wants this. Maybe I'm better off it not being as sensitive as I would like, hence I hardly play the keys allowing less error performing..
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 19th, 2024 · 12:30 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.