278 posts
Canada
My Summertime Blues Drum Cover
Any tips, or other things???  THANKS!

#2January 5th, 2011 · 07:23 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
Wow! You are getting closer and closer to Keith all the time. A couple little timing issues which are very small potatoes compared to what you've gained - impressive rolls, etc. Some of the stuff I don't hear other drummers attempting. I am truly impressed!
#3January 5th, 2011 · 09:57 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Man, I really like your style!
I think the timing issues CattleBat () mentions have to do with the fact that without a some good headphones for external sound isolation you can easily get lost in the beat. So I'd blame it on that.
Anyway, amazing cover and amazing skills!

> Iszil
#4January 5th, 2011 · 10:15 PM
38 threads / 11 songs
278 posts
Canada
wow thanks guys, I am so happy to look back now on video I took last year this time of the year and see how much I've improved.  I remember thinking to myself, "one day i'll be able to do that", and hey after a year of just playing along and "faking it till i made it" I finally have... makes me wonder how good ill be next year???

I believe that most drummers are great drummers, it's just their chops that make them better than others.  The more chops you have then the more you can do and more creative you can be...?

I gotta say Iszil you are partially right about the headphone thing.  I am using these junky "skullcandy" brand headphones that dont go very loud, or isolate much at all, for that matter.  During parts where it starts and stops and where there is clear rhythm guitar I can manage, but when both the guitar and bass are soloing it sort of loses definition and with the sound of my own drums blending in I sort of have to put the brakes on and not do anything too crazy so as not to get ridiculously far off.

Any tips on a good brand of over ear isolating headphones that are NOT bose?  I hate bose so much, over priced junk....
#5January 5th, 2011 · 10:34 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
My Sennheiser HD280's (usually $99.00, but can be had for considerably less if you look for sales) are really good isolation headphones, good sound, are pretty good reference phones for mixing if you so choose.
#6January 5th, 2011 · 10:35 PM
38 threads / 11 songs
278 posts
Canada
Ok, sounds good!  99 is reasonable

Thanks cat
#7January 5th, 2011 · 11:35 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
thebigguyconnor wrote…
wow thanks guys, I am so happy to look back now on video I took last year this time of the year and see how much I've improved.  I remember thinking to myself, "one day i'll be able to do that", and hey after a year of just playing along and "faking it till i made it" I finally have... makes me wonder how good ill be next year???

I believe that most drummers are great drummers, it's just their chops that make them better than others.  The more chops you have then the more you can do and more creative you can be...?

I gotta say Iszil you are partially right about the headphone thing.  I am using these junky "skullcandy" brand headphones that dont go very loud, or isolate much at all, for that matter.  During parts where it starts and stops and where there is clear rhythm guitar I can manage, but when both the guitar and bass are soloing it sort of loses definition and with the sound of my own drums blending in I sort of have to put the brakes on and not do anything too crazy so as not to get ridiculously far off.

Any tips on a good brand of over ear isolating headphones that are NOT bose?  I hate bose so much, over priced junk....

Try to put an elastic lace, like one girls use to tie their hair, big enought so you can put it around your head so it can make preassure over the headphones and your ears. That worked for me.
Also try to make a click track for the songs. I think The Who didn't use a metronome so here's an idea: listen to the song a record yourself clapping the tempo and then mix it down as a track.  That way you can have the song with a tempo beat you can follow (your clapping). Hope that was clear enough.
Good luck.

> Iszil
#8January 6th, 2011 · 01:53 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Yo , Bigguy .You did one more step forwards it seems.
The long time of practicing has payd off. Thatīs theonly way to become a good instrumentalist.
Phones: Iīm using "Audio technica" ATH-M40fs  headphones . Cost  :79 €  .
They īre isolating very well and sound is o.k.  The best is to test it ! 
So keep it up , Biggy

U.L.I.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 19th, 2024 · 7:11 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.