#1November 21st, 2010 · 11:20 PM
38 threads / 11 songs
278 posts
Canada
Bargain Drum Cover

Here's another one of my drum covers.  I like it a lot so I thought I'd post it up for you guys!
#2November 21st, 2010 · 11:21 PM
38 threads / 11 songs
278 posts
Canada
the song is Bargain by The Who.  Keith Moon is my absolute favorite drummer.
#3November 22nd, 2010 · 12:53 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
This video contains material of UMG hence it's blocked in Germany
#4November 22nd, 2010 · 12:55 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
I've been fascinated by Keith's drumming, too (for about the past couple years or so). I also spent some time playing drums while head phoning The Who. Keith is not easy to follow because he's all over the place all the time. He's hell on cymbals! I love his use of snare flourishes thrown in amongst all the hot action! He's also noted for fairly random use of the double kick drums (sometimes leading with the left foot, other times leading with the right, many times playing steady "16th notes" on the kick) Anyway, I noticed you're throwing in some triplets on the kick....you have a double kick pedal? Pretty fancy!...anyway...pretty nice work on the drums there!
#5November 22nd, 2010 · 01:16 PM
38 threads / 11 songs
278 posts
Canada
TritonKeyboarder wrote…
This video contains material of UMG hence it's blocked in Germany

Yeah I noticed.  Sorry about that.  I've submitted a dispute.
#6November 22nd, 2010 · 01:31 PM
38 threads / 11 songs
278 posts
Canada
battlecat wrote…
I've been fascinated by Keith's drumming, too (for about the past couple years or so). I also spent some time playing drums while head phoning The Who. Keith is not easy to follow because he's all over the place all the time. He's hell on cymbals! I love his use of snare flourishes thrown in amongst all the hot action! He's also noted for fairly random use of the double kick drums (sometimes leading with the left foot, other times leading with the right, many times playing steady "16th notes" on the kick) Anyway, I noticed you're throwing in some triplets on the kick....you have a double kick pedal? Pretty fancy!...anyway...pretty nice work on the drums there!

Yeah I recently learned the triplet thing that keith does in-between the kick pedal and the snare.

Also, at the beginning, I figured out that little 1234--5 thing right before everyone comes in at the end of the drum fill is actually 4 really fast 32nd notes on the kick.  I'm getting faster all the time, it really is just a lot of practice that makes you better!

The best example of the 32nd notes on the kick is probably at 3:53 or just the end of the intro fill.
#7November 22nd, 2010 · 01:32 PM
38 threads / 11 songs
278 posts
Canada
Thanks battlecat   I got the double kick a few months ago (end of august, beginning of september).
#8November 22nd, 2010 · 04:15 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
thebigguyconnor wrote…
battlecat wrote…

Yeah I recently learned the triplet thing that keith does in-between the kick pedal and the snare.

Also, at the beginning, I figured out that little 1234--5 thing right before everyone comes in at the end of the drum fill is actually 4 really fast 32nd notes on the kick.  I'm getting faster all the time, it really is just a lot of practice that makes you better!

The best example of the 32nd notes on the kick is probably at 3:53 or just the end of the intro fill.
Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention those amazing 32nd-notes on the kick...and the little triplet thing he does between snare, toms and kick in rapid succession...he was truly manic on the drums......
#9November 23rd, 2010 · 02:57 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
I don't care how many notes you're playing LOL... all I know is that you sound great, keep praticing the way you are, you will improve all the time, learn new things, Jazz is very interesting on the drums, once you get into that you'll be addicted the rest of your life. What a wonderfull addiction eh
#10November 23rd, 2010 · 02:06 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
I see you have the talent; you just need to work on your tempo a little. I noticed that you sound a bit off in some parts. However, you are doing an amazing job on those tins.

> Iszil
#11November 25th, 2010 · 03:20 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Liked a lot...you have loads of videos up!
So if you play with an original track in the background they call it UMG property .... and people in Germany dont get to see anything from UMG ?? Thats mind boggling ... I read up on UMG, not knowing what it stood for and apparently they send out e-mails to every one who has music owned by UMG or Sony on their videos but they dont tell you to take it down and they dont remove it themselves... they just say so.
But then Germans cant see any UMG material !!?? I'm confused 

So Connor if you were to just bash out your track with video but without the original being heard (through headphones) then they cant call it UMG property...can they now!
Or what about doing your drums to someone else doing a cover..?? then it's also not UMG property.

I do think you should go for the headphones then you also keep a clean track....much more useful! 
#12November 25th, 2010 · 09:49 PM
38 threads / 11 songs
278 posts
Canada
kings wrote…
Liked a lot...you have loads of videos up!
So if you play with an original track in the background they call it UMG property .... and people in Germany dont get to see anything from UMG ?? Thats mind boggling ... I read up on UMG, not knowing what it stood for and apparently they send out e-mails to every one who has music owned by UMG or Sony on their videos but they dont tell you to take it down and they dont remove it themselves... they just say so.
But then Germans cant see any UMG material !!?? I'm confused 

So Connor if you were to just bash out your track with video but without the original being heard (through headphones) then they cant call it UMG property...can they now!
Or what about doing your drums to someone else doing a cover..?? then it's also not UMG property.

I do think you should go for the headphones then you also keep a clean track....much more useful!  ;)

are you saying I should take the backing track off?  If I do then it won't come up as UMG anymore...  I HATE UMG!  I filed a dispute on this video but they haven't done anything yet.

What I'll probably do is one of your tips, use someone's guitar cover as the backing track for my video.
#13November 26th, 2010 · 03:49 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
I just came to the conclusion that if you just play your drum track but have the 'original', your click track, playing through headphones they wont call it UMG property......they cant , because it's just a drum track. They wont recognise it.

I have a theory....A while back a friend came over and showed me his iPhone and especially a groovy little program that recognised songs....I thought cool! but I saw no real use to it, because you'd have to have the song to send in for it to recognise it...and it dont work with Ooo La LA LaLa LAaaas.
So today I was pondering this UMG youTube thing when it came to me, could that music recognising gadget/program be in actual fact a program developed by or at least used by youTube? ... to listen to videos and ascertain whether or not they contain "original music". If the program recognises any 'original music' it sends out an automated e-mail saying that the music in your video is owned by UMG or Sony or whoever.
No way do they have people looking at every video to listen for songs....they would also need to know ALL music ever made!!

Quotes from Google answers:

Definitions of UMG on the Web:
  • Universal Music Group (UMG) is the largest business group and family of record labels in the recording industry. It is the largest of the "big four" record companies by its commanding market share and its multitude of global operations. ...

and a Q/A from Yahoo :
i got this mail from youtube after i uploaded a video and it said something like this............
Copyright owner: UMG
Content claimed: Some or all of the audio content
Policy: Allow this content to remain on YouTube.
Place advertisements on this video's watch page.

Applies to these locations: Everywhere

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker
UMG. universal music group. it means you stole there music and used it in there video. aka copyright infringment. youtube partners can do that. and they can decide to keep your video up or take it down. and they can place advertisments on it. its basicly there video now but you uploaded it. its not series nothing will happen if it stays up

So it sounds automated to me....thus if you dont have any "original" tracks playing anywhere I doubt they can suss out from your drum track that it's a cover.
I would even go so far as to say you could also call it a "cover of ...so..and...so" and they still would not know that it is.
#14November 26th, 2010 · 07:22 PM
38 threads / 11 songs
278 posts
Canada
kings wrote…
I just came to the conclusion that if you just play your drum track but have the 'original', your click track, playing through headphones they wont call it UMG property......they cant , because it's just a drum track. They wont recognise it.

I have a theory....A while back a friend came over and showed me his iPhone and especially a groovy little program that recognised songs....I thought cool! but I saw no real use to it, because you'd have to have the song to send in for it to recognise it...and it dont work with Ooo La LA LaLa LAaaas.
So today I was pondering this UMG youTube thing when it came to me, could that music recognising gadget/program be in actual fact a program developed by or at least used by youTube? ... to listen to videos and ascertain whether or not they contain "original music". If the program recognises any 'original music' it sends out an automated e-mail saying that the music in your video is owned by UMG or Sony or whoever.
No way do they have people looking at every video to listen for songs....they would also need to know ALL music ever made!!

Quotes from Google answers:

Definitions of UMG on the Web:
  • Universal Music Group (UMG) is the largest business group and family of record labels in the recording industry. It is the largest of the "big four" record companies by its commanding market share and its multitude of global operations. ...

and a Q/A from Yahoo :
i got this mail from youtube after i uploaded a video and it said something like this............
Copyright owner: UMG
Content claimed: Some or all of the audio content
Policy: Allow this content to remain on YouTube.
Place advertisements on this video's watch page.

Applies to these locations: Everywhere

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker
UMG. universal music group. it means you stole there music and used it in there video. aka copyright infringment. youtube partners can do that. and they can decide to keep your video up or take it down. and they can place advertisments on it. its basicly there video now but you uploaded it. its not series nothing will happen if it stays up

So it sounds automated to me....thus if you dont have any "original" tracks playing anywhere I doubt they can suss out from your drum track that it's a cover.
I would even go so far as to say you could also call it a "cover of ...so..and...so" and they still would not know that it is.

yes I already know this (that it detects it based on the audio).  some of my drum covers, even with backing tracks, are not recognized, but I think it recognized this one based on the intro.

I'm probably not going to re-upload but anyways it's just frustrating.  In my country (Canada) it is now legal to use songs in videos or mashups (covers)!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 19th, 2024 · 2:43 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.