1,057 posts
Germany
´Suhr`-jam
`Masterclass session played by masters

#2November 16th, 2010 · 12:04 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Great playing, but they have no independant style/sound. They all sound the same 
The Bass player got a look in - What's that all that about 
At least on the AMP we have guitarists with Character       
#3November 16th, 2010 · 01:28 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
Amazing tone these guys have. Tom Quayle looked as if there was no way he was actually playing that...his technique is such that his movements are reduced to the bare essentials - thus he gets maximum sound out of minimum movement...fascinating and quite unbelievable. I'm going to have to disagree with you Denis...they may have some similarities, but they don't all sound exactly alike..they do have their own phrasing, attack, etc. These guys do have their own separate and distinct character as far as I'm concerned (You have to keep in mind they are all playing essentially the same guitar, playing over the exact same changes). Now, the "Suhr-Jam" part... this helped me to realize there is such a thing as Suhr guitars...no longer just "Pensa-Suhr"?...I've got some research to do...I'd love to know what kind of amplification/fx these guys are using....
#4November 16th, 2010 · 02:49 PM
38 threads / 11 songs
278 posts
Canada
To my ears the amp their using sound digital.  It's a bit artificial sounding.  Pretty good tone though.

Crazy guitarists (the first guy has such awesome technique).  All of this soloing stuff gets a bit boring to me though, there is so much more that could be going on.  It's a bit one-dimensional.
#5December 12th, 2010 · 04:35 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
These guys are showing the whole range of modern "fusion-jazz" styles and everyone of ´em uses his own ,
special and unique technique .I would give dunnowhat if I could play only one of these scales and licks and phrases .
The only thing I´ve learned is that laziness doesn´t lead to perfection........sigh.........

#6December 12th, 2010 · 11:44 AM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
My fave of all of 'em is Martin Miller (previously known as "Wischi" Wichmann,), who's style has a great deal more expression and invention than the rest (nice "snaky" runs, together with some liquid flurries of well-placed notes). He is well-represented on the 'net.
#7December 12th, 2010 · 12:01 PM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
battlecat wrote…
My fave of all of 'em is Martin Miller (previously known as "Wischi" Wichmann,), who's style has a great deal more expression and invention than the rest (nice "snaky" runs, together with some liquid flurries of well-placed notes). He is well-represented on the 'net.
Yeah 1 I checked more vids of "Wischi" (well educated guitarist) and found another guy I didn´t know before.

btw : does someone wanna buy some low priced gits (jokin´)

#8December 12th, 2010 · 12:14 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
Good Lord! Great Player! Great Video! (shows his amps, speakers, mics, everything!). BTW, Suhr guitars must be the happenin' thing these days......
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 18th, 2024 · 11:53 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.