#1August 12th, 2006 · 10:57 PM
9 threads / 4 songs
209 posts
India
Bass vs Electric vs Acoustic Guitar
This is a debate about which is better.....
bass or electric or acoustic guitar!!!!

The point of creating this theard is that.....
Some people dont know much about all kinds of guitars...
and some know more than what they should know...
so this will make the knowledge of people who know....
accessible to all!!!!

THE GUITAR ABOUTWHICH YOU ARE WRITING .....PLEASE WRITE ITS NAME IN THE SUBJECT BLOCK.....!!!!

remember this is a debate so prove yor point....!!!!

THANKYOU...AND PLEASE DONT POST IF YOU WANTTO SAY THAT THERE IS NO COMPARISION......WE WANT A DEBATE!!!
#2August 13th, 2006 · 05:45 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
no comparison
hum...

To start with, do you need to shout so loud? All caps and red too?

actually I had come up with quite a ranting about something that you were probably not aiming at with your post, .. anyway.. that's because of you shouting so loud. please don't do that ok?

nuthin compares 2 my VG8EX coz I can mimic every guitar (acoustic/electric/bass) in existance plus a gazillion physically impossible ones plus guitar/synth hybrids... and full synths too ofcourse... you name it. case closed.
#3August 13th, 2006 · 09:47 AM
1 threads
52 posts
United States of America
none of the above. Keyboards rule! 

9' Steinway grand. (don't have, use to play, want one )

Not sure what your intent is on this. Trying to compare Bass and regular guitars, or electric versus acoustic.

Each has their place and function. Depends on the music, the style, etc. And who's playing it.

Some songs work better with just acoustic, some better with electric, some with bass. Or none at all.

It really comes down to what the composer is wanting to say with the piece, and the sound/genre/mood/flavor of the piece.

Or sometimes, it's the only instrument they have accessible. Hehe.

Oh, and I agree, no need for all caps. Hurts my eyes.
#4August 13th, 2006 · 08:28 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
Heh. THe bass is the backbone of all music...no argument...... guitars owe it all to the bass.
#5August 13th, 2006 · 09:08 PM
34 threads / 16 songs
538 posts
Mexico
humm... come on...  no debate possible.  What is better, a car, an airplane or a train? It depends on where are you trying to go.  
#6August 14th, 2006 · 01:45 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
ditto to above post
some acoustic guitars can stand alone(classical for instance). Imho in a band setting you need a good bassplayer, and good guitar players, acoustic, or electric either one. The bass can drive the song, and add alot of energy or set the mood, wich in turn allows the other guitars to  add color and sounds to the songs.
#7August 14th, 2006 · 02:55 AM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
No debate possible, sorry!
You can't compare all this.

> Iszil
#8August 14th, 2006 · 09:34 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
re: ditto to above post
toastedgoat wrote…
some acoustic guitars can stand alone(classical for instance). Imho in a band setting you need a good bassplayer, and good guitar players, acoustic, or electric either one. The bass can drive the song, and add alot of energy or set the mood, wich in turn allows the other guitars to  add color and sounds to the songs.

What about the drummer? I think you need a drummer. And a singer, too. You can do without the girly choir, but they do look nice. Adds the sugar to the spice
#9August 14th, 2006 · 07:53 PM
24 threads / 9 songs
284 posts
Mexico
i have three pets

a dog, a cat and six fish

who's the best?? lol

i have a bass and a electric guitar i prefered the bass
#10August 14th, 2006 · 08:28 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
re:ditto I agree
yeah pup I agree with you. I think in what ever genre , all players play an important part(he just asked about guitars though). Their is no debate on this, or other intruments, to me all music/ musicians whatever the intrument: computers or synths or tamborine or guitars, or whatever, can have impact on a song(oh yeah drums too ).

I like singers but you don't have to have one( vital information/Al Di Meola/classica stuff/jazz ect. good music/no singers).
#11August 27th, 2006 · 01:16 AM
44 threads / 6 songs
305 posts
United States of America
Solo accoutic is pure heaven. You know the girls love it 

A good bass player can add SO much to a song. He can give the song a driving attitude, or a soft, laid back feeling. I've never heard bass alone though (as in someone playing a solo bass piece? is there even such music?), so I can't say anything to that.
#12August 27th, 2006 · 01:16 AM
44 threads / 6 songs
305 posts
United States of America
Oh, and you gotta love Yamahas. They resonate and age soooooooooo nicely.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 12:42 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.