#1August 17th, 2010 · 08:38 PM
37 threads / 30 songs
166 posts
United States of America
Time to rewrite the Battle system?
Month after month, the battle goes un-won and I'm just wonderering whats up with that?  Are the votes needed to win too high? (15 seems pretty high when theres only 2 entries this month with no votes for either and so far only 2 entries for next month).  Is it that BandAmp activity is down right now and theres not enough members participating? Is it that there's not enough incentive to enter? Has everyone just lost interest because theres never a winner?  
     It seems to me there should be a winner in every battle.  Whoever has the most votes even if its only 3 should win.  Being listed as a battle winner is enough of an incentive for me. Just a mention on the home page at the end of each battle would be great. Thats all I personally would like to see. Why do we need 15 votes to win? 
     So everyone dig out your best material, enter in the battle.  It does not have to be new or amazing.
Just enter and Vote.  No votes mean no winners and no winners means only loosers.  Come on Ampers!!!  
                                ENTER! ENTER! ENTER! VOTE! VOTE! VOTE!
#2August 17th, 2010 · 11:33 PM
2 threads / 1 songs
28 posts
United States of America
I'd be more interested in the battles if I could submit music without having to upload it. I already have more than one host, I don't really want to start managing another. That's my reason for not uploading.

As for the count of 15...maybe it isn't clear how to vote?
#3August 18th, 2010 · 03:11 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
re: Time to rewrite the Battle system?
SkunkApe wrote…
Month after month, the battle goes un-won and I'm just wondering whats up with that?  Are the votes needed to win too high? (15 seems pretty high when theres only 2 entries this month with no votes for either and so far only 2 entries for next month).  Is it that BandAmp activity is down right now and theres not enough members participating? Is it that there's not enough incentive to enter? Has everyone just lost interest because theres never a winner?  
     It seems to me there should be a winner in every battle.  Whoever has the most votes even if its only 3 should win.  Being listed as a battle winner is enough of an incentive for me. Just a mention on the home page at the end of each battle would be great. Thats all I personally would like to see. Why do we need 15 votes to win? 
     So everyone dig out your best material, enter in the battle.  It does not have to be new or amazing.
Just enter and Vote.  No votes mean no winners and no winners means only loosers.  Come on Ampers!!!  
                                ENTER! ENTER! ENTER! VOTE! VOTE! VOTE!

I totally agree with your comments, in fact I ditto'd them to TK, who has things in the pipeline, I think he was going to lower the amount of votes required to 5, I agree with you in that who ever gets the most amount of votes wins with no minimum threshold required, this will encourage members to enter. Also, every month an announcement should be made of first, second and third place, hey we all love some recognition.
One of the ways a song would get more votes, would be for it to be compulsory to vote when your are reviewing tracks.  To be honest even though I personally review many songs that I actually enjoy doing, I simply forget to vote, OLD HABITS DIE HARD.

Hopefully TK will find the time???
#4August 18th, 2010 · 03:35 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
starkaudio wrote…
I'd be more interested in the battles if I could submit music without having to upload it. I already have more than one host, I don't really want to start managing another. That's my reason for not uploading.

As for the count of 15...maybe it isn't clear how to vote?

We need to motivate members like yourself, HOW ABOUT A PRIZE..... And featured on the home page for one month... and a chance to be included in the next bandAMP album.

What else would motivate our members?....Open for discussion
#5August 19th, 2010 · 02:43 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
yes yes yes yes DO IT
#6August 19th, 2010 · 05:14 PM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
I love the idea of battles, but no one is very willing to shell out the money to buy the "prize."
I don't even think we've thought of a suitable prize.
Perhaps. 5-10 dollar gift cards to iTunes?
A prize like that is fairly manageable.
#7August 20th, 2010 · 12:41 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Thats actually a very manageable prize
Online music store credits + hall of fame + go on the next BandAMP album or something
#8August 20th, 2010 · 07:55 PM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
Sounds simple enough to me.
Great idea.

Come to think of it, does Zune have gift cards? I know they have a "Zune Pass", but whatever music you get during the period in which the card is active, you can't listen to it after it expires.
Hm :/
#9August 20th, 2010 · 11:06 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Yes zune has gift cards (like 1200 zune points etc) priced at like $15 and $20 and $25 i think. i use it quite often instead of itunes because almost all of zunes inventory is mp3 meaning there is no DRM on it which rocks.

the zune pass is another feature zune has, but they just have the standard "heres some money you can buy songs with" card
#10November 2nd, 2010 · 01:54 PM
38 threads / 11 songs
278 posts
Canada
The HAS to be an email every month that announces the winners to everyone!  There simply must be!  Otherwise there's no point, because you don't really get recognition!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 18th, 2024 · 6:24 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.