#1June 26th, 2010 · 04:50 PM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
Pumped up!
So lately whenever I'm not working, I've been going to the gym.
I've just been sticking some music on my phone and just jamming to that.

Which artists, or song or even genres, get you pumped?
Excited?
Ready to rock?

I've been listening to Gogol Bordello
Super Mash Bros. album
Red Hot Chili Peppers (The Mother's Milk album)
The Eurovision album(2009 and 2010)
Black Eyed Peas
Minus the Bear
and a few others

Which musicians get you pumped?!
#2June 29th, 2010 · 02:47 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Funny I don't really listen to a lot of music other than my own and the Musicians here on bandAMP
When I do listen to famous artists, I listen to the genres of what ever suites my mood at the time.

I suppose if I want to get pumped up so to speak, I'd listen to someone like 'James Brown'.
If I'm in a chilled mood (Which is most of the time...lol), I listen to say 'Van Morrison', 'Pink Floyd', Spyro Gyra, Steely Dan, Miles Davis.
Or if I'm in a nostalgic mood I listen to 'Mozart'.

Bottom line is I like all genres and music that is quality in all aspects, not only in the music but production
#3July 6th, 2010 · 01:47 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Anything 110-140 BPM for sustained workout I don't often listen to music while cycling (my main workout) as my in-ear headphones blocks most external sounds and noises (that of the traffic around me..) but when I do listen to music, I prefer punky rock music with a good beat and invigorating grooves and licks. Stuff like Nine Inch Nails and KMFDM provide a +5% speed boost, Nirvana, Alice in Chains, the Foo Fighters help battle the cold (no point in summer ) .. Godmachine helps me mellow out against rain and wind, and the angry electro act Das Ich makes the whole ride feel like going menacingly fast forward.

But it is all a matter of taste. I actually listen to a lot of other things (if I do put on music while cycling). My favorite playlists are dubbed "Defiance" and "Soul Free". But I have a set containing only classical music aswell, quite enjoyable at times.. cheers
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: May 1st, 2024 · 9:49 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.