#1June 24th, 2010 · 02:09 PM
32 threads
158 posts
United States of America
Mad World
i love this song soo much.

The first version I heard of this song was the one by Gary Jules, I did not know that Tears for Fears did this song!!
 I think that Gary Jules version is the best so far....

I havent had a song give me goosebumps in quite a long while, but everytime I listen to it a new wave hits! Its insane!!!
just wanted to share my newfound love.

what do ya'all think about it?
#2June 24th, 2010 · 09:34 PM
50 threads / 32 songs
292 posts
Canada
Big fan, ever since I heard it in a Gears of War commercial!

I learnt how to play it on piano a few weeks later (and the string part too, but only on a keyboard or something like that); great fun playing around with it.

A pretty old song, eh?

--XFactor--
#3June 24th, 2010 · 10:03 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
errr who????
#4June 25th, 2010 · 12:35 AM
32 threads
158 posts
United States of America
the first time I heard it was when I was watching Donnie Darko for the first time (love that movie so freaking much btw)

yeah its a song that you can do so much with. Im thinking of doing a cover.. so far I havent heard a chick sing it.
#5June 25th, 2010 · 02:02 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
who? what?
#6June 25th, 2010 · 11:07 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Fantasy wrote…
the first time I heard it was when I was watching Donnie Darko for the first time (love that movie so freaking much btw)

yeah its a song that you can do so much with. Im thinking of doing a cover.. so far I havent heard a chick sing it.

Let's hear it Sarah
#7June 25th, 2010 · 06:18 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
It is a beautiful song...goes to show how the exceptional songs live on, while artists and public come and go the classic pieces continue to be part of our lives.
#8June 26th, 2010 · 05:10 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
kings wrote…
It is a beautiful song...goes to show how the exceptional songs live on, while artists and public come and go the classic pieces continue to be part of our lives.

That is my dream, to write a piece of music that will last eternity, I may never ever accomplish it, but it's a goal worth striving for.
#9June 26th, 2010 · 06:23 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Denis wrote…
kings wrote…

That is my dream, to write a piece of music that will last eternity, I may never ever accomplish it, but it's a goal worth striving for.
Do you want it to last for eternity or for forever.......eternity's longer and more boring.....lol
I'm sure it was Paul McCartney who said that Let it be was already 'there', they just made it a song. A bit like someone carving a statue...they say that the form is already in the stone, you just have to find it and bring it out!

I dont think starting with "Want to write a classic, want to write it in an attic" will actually get you a classic. Classics are something that are created without actually realizing it....until it's done.....'and in the morning you'll know all you know'.
#10June 26th, 2010 · 11:59 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
kings wrote…
Denis wrote…
kings wrote…

Do you want it to last for eternity or for forever.......eternity's longer and more boring.....lol
I'm sure it was Paul McCartney who said that Let it be was already 'there', they just made it a song.

I don't think starting with "Want to write a classic, want to write it in an attic" will actually get you a classic.

Eternity just sounds better...lol
And Kings from bandAMP said
"A bit like someone carving a statue...they say that the form is already in the stone, you just have to find it and bring it out!"

Kings you are a LEGEND... what a beautiful ********, there is word that would do the sentence justice, My English is pants, 'Anagram', popped into my head, but I don't really know what it means...lol, this happens to me quite often, where in the world my mind comes up with such words I don't know, I guess I should google it, if I'm close to what I really want to say, well you could blow me over with a feather....haha

*EDIT*: Ah I just asked my 18 year old daughter ('A' Level student in English), who said the word you are looking for is 'Metaphor', yeah that's the baby, Well that just goes to show My mind is just coming up with words at random, and totally insane ...lol
#11June 26th, 2010 · 03:38 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Denis wrote…
kings wrote…
Denis wrote…
kings wrote…

I'm sure it was Paul McCartney who said that Let it be was already 'there', they just made it a song.

I don't think starting with "Want to write a classic, want to write it in an attic" will actually get you a classic.

"A bit like someone carving a statue...they say that the form is already in the stone, you just have to find it and bring it out!"

Kings you are a LEGEND... what a beautiful ********, there is word that would do the sentence justice, My English is pants, 'Anagram', popped into my head, but I don't really know what it means...lol, this happens to me quite often, where in the world my mind comes up with such words I don't know, I guess I should google it, if I'm close to what I really want to say, well you could blow me over with a feather....haha

*EDIT*: Ah I just asked my 18 year old daughter ('A' Level student in English), who said the word you are looking for is 'Metaphor', yeah that's the baby, Well that just goes to show My mind is just coming up with words at random, and totally insane ...lol
Use Google http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&defl=en&q=define:anagram
I think you'll find that Google have a sense of humor too!
#12June 26th, 2010 · 04:44 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
kings wrote…
Denis wrote…
kings wrote…
Denis wrote…
kings wrote…

Use Google http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&defl=en&q=define:anagram&sa=X&ei=XVQmTM_dKMfgOILZoOYC&ved=0CBIQkAE
I think you'll find that Google have a sense of humor too!

It's great to have a sense of 'or hum'........ he he
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: May 2nd, 2024 · 3:34 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.