#1July 20th, 2006 · 01:41 AM
14 threads / 10 songs
68 posts
Mexico
Women
Why does the women are so popular? Why do they receive more attention and better critics than the men?
#2July 20th, 2006 · 01:42 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Coz they're women. I know it sounds lame but that's just what it is. You know what your gut feeling says, and that's the reason.
#3July 20th, 2006 · 02:05 AM
14 threads / 10 songs
68 posts
Mexico
Luxater
It's funny, but this is just music, it's like you wouldn't care about they (women), if you're not sincere, probably they will never notice their mistakes, and ther will never improve.
Just look at the song that Aetheris and me made using and alias "Luxater", look the feedback, we'll never know if the song was good...
http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/2304.html

#4July 20th, 2006 · 02:55 AM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
mate just accept it, go to youtube and check out the guys bitchin about the fact that they put heart and soul into a short video on 911 ...... gets 27 views.
On the other hand a cute asian college girl testing her new dv camera bats her eyes smiles says hi ........8 seconds long  after 1 week 30000 views , all from pop eyed guys ." whoa your so cute i wanna make babies with you yadda yadda'.
I fully understand but what can u do.
hey I'll check out your link tho
cheers blakhatz
ps one film maker recons he's gonna get a boob job .
#5July 20th, 2006 · 10:07 AM
21 threads
235 posts
United Kingdom
Yeah, I know, sucks, sexism and all that...
Soooo...what's the link to this Asian bird's video?
#6July 20th, 2006 · 11:30 AM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
re: Luxater
as a woman, I thought I would throw my two cents in on this subject 

Micosis wrote…
It's funny, but this is just music, it's like you wouldn't care about they (women), if you're not sincere, probably they will never notice their mistakes, and ther will never improve.

I find it interesting what you said about us women not noticing our mistakes and not improving! HA!  We are here to get constructive feedback, just the same as anyone else.

The fact of the matter is, that this website (and also the music industry) consists of more males than females...in sound engineering, in artists, in producers and managers..that's just the way it has been - but women are now making their way into these areas more and more...so perhaps it may seem like we attract more attention, but perhaps the reason for that is because we are somewhat of a novelty.  There is no need to lay blame on anyone for this...male or female...we are simply dealing with the aftermath of previous generations sexual inequity.
#7July 20th, 2006 · 02:33 PM
23 threads / 20 songs
235 posts
Canada
I've gotten some harsh criticism check out Lighthouse - top of page 2!!!! I've gotten lots of useful feedback on that song and I'm going to remix it in the studio using some of the tips.  So I also say HA! to not improving!!! I welcome constructive criticism, but my stuff is so perfect and professional that there's nothing to say  
#8July 20th, 2006 · 05:38 PM
24 threads / 9 songs
284 posts
Mexico
Siren wrote…
I welcome constructive criticism, but my stuff is so perfect and professional that there's nothing to say   :shake:

lol, siren

I guees the fact is: the female musicians are sexys hehehe

I know your project Luxater and those bipolar comments but, DON'T WORRY Bro!

If someone is thinking that the women has the best critics and votes, check the current battle:

Member               Sex               Song                      VotesNumber
Rayz                      Male            Adhere To Love            36
Takaminerbb13      Male          And Life Goes On...         27
Spoon                    Female       Hole and Bucket             26   
(this was a collaboration project with takaminerbb13)
Hypnosia             Male          Kudos                              25
NoJustUS             Male          ordinary days                  22
Iszil                     Male          Velvet Feathers               22
Swordfish            Male          Sun                                  22
Siren                   Female       Accept 4U                        22
Jess                    Male           Feeling the pressure       20
Source: Bandamp.com at july 20, 2006

all of them have at least 20 votes (the minimum to challenge) and there are just two ladies,

So, my professional oppinion says: The gender is not relevant to show the musical capabilities.

i think that someone who is 'popular' in the Bandamp has more chances to get more votes than others. conclusion: the gender doesn't affect the critics, but the sex does

Dodo
aka Sir Axealot
#9July 20th, 2006 · 09:43 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
we are the critics
We are the critics, and I haven't got any sex for any votes, yet,(but I'm willing to talk about it LOL).  This website is for us, we are the critics, and the voters. If someone is consitantly getting lots of high votes, or lots of votes, it might be because there songs, or genre may be more appealing to more people. But then again what do I know.
#10July 21st, 2006 · 12:29 AM
14 threads / 10 songs
68 posts
Mexico
Dodosito, that's why you're my brother. You've take this so neutrally, I like that.

This might be funny, even offensive, but that wasn't my intention I was just asking, now that I've got the answers, I'll think about that.

"For the critics not for the instincts" Sir Flamencosis
#11July 21st, 2006 · 02:39 PM
1 threads
52 posts
United States of America
Micosis,
I can't speak to anyone else here, but gender, race, religion, popularity play no role as best as I am able, when I review and rate a song. I try to base my rating on the quality, the structure, and the emotional impact.

I'm sure most if not all others try to do the same.

Lately I haven't had much available time to rate or even listen to new posted songs.

LOL@ToastedGoat. They've seen your pic, so good luck with that sex for votes thing....

#12July 21st, 2006 · 07:21 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
I know I haven't had any offers
Your right about that. I was responding to the other post, so I thought I would try, LOL.
No takers though . I vote only on the songs that someone pays me to vote on.
$10.00 for a 100% ,$7.50 for 90%, $5.00 for a 80%, ect. I'm gettin rich off of this web site.

just kidding  
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 3:57 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.