#1May 8th, 2010 · 07:35 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
The AMP Vol I - SALES UPDATE
It's been 71 days since the release of the album. Unfortunately, there have been NO SALES to date
Tuncore say it can take a couple for sales come through. If there are not sufficient sales from the album, I will take it down when the annual subscription is due. I will then transfer it to routenote.com, another distributor, where there are no up front fee's or indeed annual subscriptions, the difference being you don't earn any money until the album has sold $50.00 plus you get 90% of the proceeds.

So, where do we go from here? It's up to you AMPERS to promote the album or indeed a single from the album.

If this one fails, I think the next albums proceeds should be given to the artists, this may be the only way to motivate us to sell the album, I will use routenote as explained earlier to publish the album, hence it cost me $62.00 to publish The AMP VOL I, which I volunteered to pay, I'm not expecting any of you to make any contributions.
#2May 8th, 2010 · 07:32 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Aww that doesnt sound good, I had not expected such a low return (even though i wasnt part of this project)... and even I myself have had over $13 worth of profit via itunes.......... with crappy production value album and little to no promotion.. I did take down the album before annual subscription though.

It kinda hurts. I can pretend and buy the album............................. Will it have any effect? I have access to all the songs on there..................... I think there needs to be some kind of promotion, but not sure which road to take... this is seriously not encouraging.

And Denis, I'm also willing to chip in on the cost. I've been part of this site for so long, even with absence, I'm surely willing to share the load a little (it'll alleviate any feelings and won't hurt my bank account anyway)
#3May 9th, 2010 · 12:14 AM
27 threads / 2 songs
179 posts
Canada
Could use more people joining the Youtube channel 

More of us means it makes it easier to attract more new viewers. We have 15 people subscribed as of now. We need more members and more songs up there.

I am starting to think that the lack of album support is a symptom only. A symptom of lack of active, passionate membership. We need need new blood. If every active member brings in one new member, that would be the infusion we need. By new member, I mean, contributing member.
#4May 9th, 2010 · 04:40 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
PuppetXeno wrote…
Aww that doesnt sound good, I had not expected such a low return (even though i wasnt part of this project)... and even I myself have had over $13 worth of profit via itunes.......... with crappy production value album and little to no promotion.. I did take down the album before annual subscription though.

It kinda hurts. I can pretend and buy the album............................. Will it have any effect? I have access to all the songs on there..................... I think there needs to be some kind of promotion, but not sure which road to take... this is seriously not encouraging.

And Denis, I'm also willing to chip in on the cost. I've been part of this site for so long, even with absence, I'm surely willing to share the load a little (it'll alleviate any feelings and won't hurt my bank account anyway)

This to me is this is a reality check.  We are after all a relatively small community, all with responsibilities and other commitments. I anticipated that the album would not sell, NOT through lack of music quality, purely of the Marketing aspect.

Perhaps if we had some young blood, it would fuel the motivation, but I doubt if that is going to happen, we would need to seriously revamp  the AMP so that it would attract young new members.

As I said I'm not looking to get any financial assistance regarding launching the album, I only mentioned it to make everyone aware of the alternative ways of distributing albums in the most practical way possible to suit the AMP. However, if you get the time, you could help promote/market the album, make suggestions ETC.
I'm quite busy on another album project at the moment, plus my general health is below par, so I'm not going to push the boat out for now.  Once I've produced my album, I'll start researching on practical ways to Market  The AMP, I suppose since I started this thing, I should take the responsibility to over see everything about it

On the positive side, we have an Album out there, and many more to come I hope, I'm willing to keep producing them, I enjoy it.
#5May 9th, 2010 · 04:45 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
dustyskates wrote…
Could use more people joining the Youtube channel 

More of us means it makes it easier to attract more new viewers. We have 15 people subscribed as of now. We need more members and more songs up there.

I am starting to think that the lack of album support is a symptom only. A symptom of lack of active, passionate membership. We need need new blood. If every active member brings in one new member, that would be the infusion we need. By new member, I mean, contributing member.

Would be nice to see some new Video's from the members, I'm sure some of you can you post them.
#6May 9th, 2010 · 09:00 AM
38 threads / 11 songs
278 posts
Canada
how about some adsense advertising?

that could be cool.
#7May 10th, 2010 · 05:05 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
thebigguyconnor wrote…
how about some adsense advertising?

that could be cool.

I'm checking out google adsense, just signed up for my own website, should be active in a couple of days.
I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks for your input
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 19th, 2024 · 6:53 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.