#1April 16th, 2010 · 12:47 PM
27 threads / 2 songs
179 posts
Canada
CD Duplication
1k units: packaged in 2 panel cardboard quick sleeve, shrinkwrap & assembly $0.77 ea
There is also a one time film set up at $100.00. This is to make the film where we would print directly onto the disc face.
That is $870 plus taxes for 1k CDs in cardboard sleeves with the one time fee.

500 units: packaged in a clear jewel case w/clear tray, 2panel 4/4 insert & tray card, shrinkwrap, and assembly $1.34 ea
That is $770 with the fee.

These are the minimums to get an actual CD made for sale.
I am sure they could get sold quite easily by a few dedicated ampers.
If all sold of the cardboard ones at 10 dollars each, there would be 9000 dollars profit.
For the jewel case ones at 10 dollars, about 4000 dollars profit.
In my opinion the paper cases are the obvious choice if we ever did this, but 870 dollars is not chump change either lol.
Maybe we can hold a bake sale?
#2April 16th, 2010 · 12:50 PM
27 threads / 2 songs
179 posts
Canada
Actually...
I will hold a BBQ to raise money to pitch in. I have done this before. It doesn't raise a heck of a lot of cash at one go, but it is a start. Last time I did it, I profited 130 dollars after food costs etc.
#3April 17th, 2010 · 06:19 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
re: CD Duplication
dustyskates wrote…
1k units: packaged in 2 panel cardboard quick sleeve, shrinkwrap & assembly $0.77 ea
There is also a one time film set up at $100.00. This is to make the film where we would print directly onto the disc face.
That is $870 plus taxes for 1k CDs in cardboard sleeves with the one time fee.

500 units: packaged in a clear jewel case w/clear tray, 2panel 4/4 insert & tray card, shrinkwrap, and assembly $1.34 ea
That is $770 with the fee.

These are the minimums to get an actual CD made for sale.
I am sure they could get sold quite easily by a few dedicated ampers.
If all sold of the cardboard ones at 10 dollars each, there would be 9000 dollars profit.
For the jewel case ones at 10 dollars, about 4000 dollars profit.
In my opinion the paper cases are the obvious choice if we ever did this, but 870 dollars is not chump change either lol.
Maybe we can hold a bake sale?

Well done for reaserching the cost, seems competative compared to UK prices. Personaly if we are going to do this, better to present the album as best as possible in a jewel case,shrink wrapped, it will look more professional, yes it will cost more,but I think it will seel better.

So how do we distribute the album, to whom? Unless there is a solid plan, we could waist a lot of money.  How can we sell it to retail oulets, there must be a middleman who would do this?, yes less profit, but more chance of selling the CD, and agasin sell more?

Needs a lot of investigation IMO

Keep up the good work
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 27th, 2024 · 11:37 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.